WOW SHADOWLANDS ANNOUNCED LEVEL SQUASH INC

cynical me says we'll see "starter account are limited to vanilla content" in the very near future.
In some way I'd like that, otherwise we may have a lot much content than what we have currently ...

But anyway, to know how it would really impact F2Ps (changes on limitations, and potential limitations on content) we may have to wait a long time ... because who else than us care about that kind of stuff :D

I don’t want too much content, imagine having all zones unlocked, all dungs, you can now loot every mob, it would be too much. I kinda hope we are limited to vanilla.
Imagine that what you've been grinding for years at lvl20 takes only weeks to complete after the scaling ... people would be pretty mad ...

But new content is definitely welcome in the f2p world ... but not too much tho

I think everyone's glossing-over a major development...

From Blizzard's official recap:
World of Warcraft: Official Blizzard's What’s Next Panel Recap
Originally Posted by Blizzard

[...]

Leveling Updates

[...]

We’re also updating the new-player experience to showcase more of the best World of Warcraft has to offer. New players will begin their journey in a whole new level 1–10 experience. Players will then be able to level from 10–50 in Battle For Azeroth or any expansion they wish to experience from start to finish. Finally, they’ll move on into Shadowlands, where players can go from level 50–60.

[...]

...I'm betting that this so-called "New Player Experience" will be synonymous with the "F2P Experience" going forward, and F2Ps won't actually get the new "Level in Any Zone" mechanic. :confused:

We'll probably have to wait for the "WoW Deep Dive" panel for more answers.

Well, then once again during their "What's next" panel
their use of words is then REALLY bad ...

Kinda glad if F2P are limited to vanilla content

But what happens when you're lvl10? I'm pretty sure you'd be able to have a tiny access to the rest of the world? Such as just looting mobs from other expac who scale to lvl10.

If I can mog my tusks of mannoroth on low level toons then I am all for this... RiP to a lot of time/gold spent gearing some toons but that’s the natural cycle of gearing in wow anyway. I’m concerned and excited.

...I'm betting that this so-called "New Player Experience" will be synonymous with the "F2P Experience" going forward, and F2Ps won't actually get the new "Level in Any Zone" mechanic.
sounds about right.

But if its new... new quests! possibly new mogs! new content!

Edit: Im also really excited about the new appearances. I was SUPER bummed that wildhammer dwarves werent the allied race. But I can be a wildhammer dwarf now!

I mostly play 60 or 59s the amount of new stuff to do is huge honestly it might be too much stuff. I imagine for f2ps it will probably just be the 1-10 experience but I hope I am wrong on that.

Blizzard will have to do another stat squish and lvl squish afterwards at this pace. The current difference in HP/stats in recent xpacs has been exponential. Because of the ridiculous stat climb blizzard makes us undergo at endgame, it effects every bracket. In the start of BFA, the average HP of a 120 with regular dungeon gear and a few raid pieces was like 90-100k. Now we're at like 350k (going on 400k+ next patch). They need to change up their way of gearing, or minimize item level differences between patches. Because at this rate we'll have stat squishes every xpac. Also each xpac should be +5 levels, not 10. Nobody cares to level through zones at endgame anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder how raids will be.. non BFA ones. will they all be available at like 40 and drop same ilvl gear?

"We’re also updating the new-player experience to showcase more of the best World of Warcraft has to offer. New players will begin their journey in a whole new level 1–10 experience. Players will then be able to level from 10–50 in Battle For Azeroth or any expansion they wish to experience from start to finish."

this shit.. is from a blue post. are you ready to get bfa dungeon socket gear on your level 10 twink? yes i said BFA

imagine having all zones unlocked, all dungs, you can now loot every mob
Plus all the rewards/drops that could now go epic.... :eek:

wonder how raids will be.. non BFA ones. will they all be available at like 40 and drop same ilvl gear?

But in that situation, would anyone be able to solo old raids anymore? Its a big thing for a large chunk of the population.

Shadowlands will introduce a new leveling system, meant to provide a meaningful sense of advancement with every level achieved. Current max-level characters will begin Shadowlands at level 50 and work toward the new level cap of 60.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295961/new-world-of-warcraft-expansion-revealed-shadowlands

From levels 1-50, you'll be able to choose the expansion that you want to level in. Leveling through an expansion's storyline should get you close to level 50. Want to experience Icecrown? You can level a new character from level 1 onwards through Northrend.

This was changed because sometimes, you would play through one and a half zones of say Pandaria and wouldn't get to experience the full storyline.

opt-in to the beta for US at the bottom of this page https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/shadowlands

World of Warcraft: Official Blizzard's What’s Next Panel Recap
Originally Posted by Blizzard

[...]

Leveling Updates

We’re also updating the new-player experience to showcase more of the best World of Warcraft has to offer. New players will begin their journey in a whole new level 1–10 experience. Players will then be able to level from 10–50 in Battle For Azeroth or any expansion they wish to experience from start to finish. Finally, they’ll move on into Shadowlands, where players can go from level 50–60.

^^^^^^^creds to @Sin'dor for pointing this out. F2p changes??????? New vet cap 10 all but confirmed?

quick math from wowlvl20 Discord user.
View attachment 13562

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR EVERY SINGLE TWINK META TO CHANGE
EVERYTHING YOU KNOW WILL BE HISTORY
Aside from the 1-9 bracket being as useless as level 10s in the 19 bracket, what does this mean for those Grandfathered lvl 1 twinks, what level will they be looking at?

I certainty hope that one of the people at the q/a segment ask if what level will ftp/btp will have because, that is a lot of zones that they're unlocking for us if they go with what was said in that video.

also, might wanna ask if ftp/btp can play as a death night if it's squished at level 20 then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread