Now is the best time to get back into World of Warcraft. If you are thinking about joining WoW or know a friend who has been interested in joining you in Azeroth, it's easy to give it a try today.
This document is intended to provide the rules necessary to play World of Warcraft Starter Edition on private Cataclysm expansion servers from patch 4.2 onwards.
When you reach level 20, you must stop your characters' experience gain. However, you are free to continue playing and exploring Azeroth for as long as you wish, or you can launch a completely new character to try out a new race or class.
- Primary professions have a limit of 100 ranks. Secondary professions (first aid, cooking, fishing) are limited only by the cost of training them and you must stop when they ask 10 gold for them.
- You cannot trade items that you cannot get as a Starter Edition account through the auction house, mailbox or player to player. You also cannot send heirlooms to other characters through the dropbox.
- Characters cannot create or join guilds.
- Characters cannot send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the friends list. Download F2PAddon to automatically add other Starter Edition players to your friends list.
- You will not be able to purchase enchantments/equipment from the auction house that you cannot create or get while being Starter Edition, this includes equipment upgrades, quest items such as: The Swords deck, The Rogues deck since they require more than 100 skill points/ranks in primary professions.
- The gold limit has been removed for the Starter Edition account.
- Characters will still be able to invite other players to group.
- Players will not have available to learn archaeology