World Cup discussion

thats one strange looking egg. euros must have some crazy ass chickens

I don't think anybody's disputing the ridiculous amount of skill and aerobic fitness required in football.

But when people try to say that football players are muscular and athletic gods who play a hard-hitting, physical game...then that's total BS. All of them are like 80kg and incredibly defined due to their low body fat, but the hits (flops) that they take are nothing compared to the collisions in the NFL, NHL and in rugby league and union.

I don't think anybody's disputing the ridiculous amount of skill and aerobic fitness required in football.

But when people try to say that football players are muscular and athletic gods who play a hard-hitting, physical game...then that's total BS. All of them are like 80kg and incredibly defined due to their low body fat, but the hits (flops) that they take are nothing compared to the collisions in the NFL, NHL and in rugby league and union.

this guy....gets it.

ofc football players arent muscular monster..its all about stamina, more muscles = more power your body has to spend, thats why professional marathon runner are so skinny its disgusting to look at. football is awesome because in no other sport with a ball you have that many possibilities for moves, skills and shots (like curve, bend, knuckle and so on). tactic is very important (as in nearly every single teamsport) aswell.

why the hell do you guys even argue about injuries? please dont tell me you rate sports by the chance of serious injuries...

meh, chance of serious injuries would imply its more of a fast paced sport + physical contact. both of which make things more fun to watch/play imo

speaking of serious injuries........if "football" players would stop with all the fucking flopping and diving it would be easier to watch. just when i start to watch it and somehow manage to enjoy a bit of it, some cock head has to act like he got shot when he was barely touched. the 300 slo mo replays after such an event just high light how soft these people are. fifa and all the other governing bodies need to figure out how to punish the pansies to eliminate it from the game

meh, chance of serious injuries would imply its more of a fast paced sport + physical contact. both of which make things more fun to watch/play imo

speaking of serious injuries........if "football" players would stop with all the fucking flopping and diving it would be easier to watch. just when i start to watch it and somehow manage to enjoy a bit of it, some cock head has to act like he got shot when he was barely touched. the 300 slo mo replays after such an event just high light how soft these people are. fifa and all the other governing bodies need to figure out how to punish the pansies to eliminate it from the game

this is right, diving and exaggerations suck but sadly its pretty normal in modern football because free kicks are worth a lot. its getting worse from year to year

edit: not sure if running/tackling into each other is much fun when your older than 10

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: not sure if running/tackling into each other is much fun when your older than 10

i enjoyed it very much through my 20s, and rugby is something i should be able to get back into, at some level, when i have time. i imagine the pro players also enjoy it very much, and that its not just all for $$$. and thats just for playing. look up the viewer numbers for nfl and college football, and rugby and youll see other non 10 year olds like it

uefa, fifa, and whoever the hell else controls soccer rules needs to start heavily fining and or suspending serial floppers in season. then maybe when its out of the game for most of the year, people just wont do it for international competitions. seriously makes the game so annoying

Users who are viewing this thread