World Cup discussion

"real football" - college, then nfl. also rugby, even tho its hard as hell to watch in the us...gotta wake up super early and stream it illegally, unless its like the 2 times a year a 7s tourny or college championship is on nbcsn. basketball and baseball are almost as silly as soccer.

l00000000000000000000000000l
another reason why its grade-a trash to watch. already refs are deciding games. and they added goaline cams for some reasons, but iirc theres no replays for goals or offsides? why billions of people love human error ill never know

tastes are different , nearly everyone in europe thinks american football is lame as sht (including me), and a lot of americans think football (not soccer, USA isnt above every other country) is lame so its kinda pointless to argue about which sport is "entertaining" and which one isnt

Last edited by a moderator:
"real football"

b5d986_4104775.jpg

"Real football" is what my six year old plays but without full body armor...

Also, why is it called football when you pick it up and throw it?

tastes are different , nearly everyone in europe thinks american football is lame as sht (including me), and a lot of americans think football (not soccer, USA isnt above every other country) is lame so its kinda pointless to argue about which sport is "entertaining" and which one isnt
for sure taste are different. i also met plenty of people in europe who liked NFL, theres a reason why the commisioner has games played in london and contemplates expansion. there also was an nfl europe for several years
b5d986_4104775.jpg

"Real football" is what my six year old plays but without full body armor...

Also, why is it called football when you pick it up and throw it?

rofl that aint no soccer player. so far every player at the world cup looks like 5'11 and thin as a pole. people like ronaldo only have muscle by virtue of 3% body fat, they arent muscular or strong.
not only do they kick the ball, but you use ur feet to move it via running! seems legit

yeah ruby > 'MERICAN football. cause padding is for dick weeds.

meh, two different sports. you couldnt play current american football with no pads, people would die becuase they're used to the padding and use their body as weapons. hence the insane number of injuries, including head trauma.
rugby is a lot "slower" with tactical tackling and more rules, and better enforced rules, about how to tackle.

i would watch a shiiiiit load more rugby if it was ever on TV. its a pain in the ass to set a 7am alarm to watch some random weekend union games, but ive done it. cant wait for olympic 7s to kick off, and i hope 15s can be added eventually too.

oops forgot to mention hockey as a good sport as well. try hating on that uro people, cuz u have it too!

fucking kings had to be red hot with scoring while playing the blackhawks then score like 10 goals in 5 games vs the rangers. buncha horsedick.jpg, but oh well im glad the eastern conference, and lundqvist, got exposed like they need to

worst world cup song ever (cmon pitbull?)
terrible referees (so far in EVERY SINGLE GAME)
a country which shouldnt host a worldcup (and 2022 will be even better with qatar, who needs human rights anyway)
meh

Hockey is basically soccer but better in every regard besides the sea of fans soccer has

and with much higher pace, more action, goalies that can actually steal games (since they can take up most of the net vs soccer where even the best guys cant cover it all), oh and physical contact with no baby flopping and fake injuries

As opposed to watching 5 seconds of action before a dude falls to the ground and another 10 minute round of commercials begins?
id rather 5 seconds of action followed by 10 minutes of commercials than 100 minutes of bullshit (flopping, back and forth kicking, etc) and no commercials
worst world cup song ever (cmon pitbull?)
terrible referees (so far in EVERY SINGLE GAME)
a country which shouldnt host a worldcup (and 2022 will be even better with qatar, who needs human rights anyway)
meh

word on the intertubes is that qatar could lose their cup, no?

Who's gunna take it all the way? Who are you rooting for. Should be a great World Cup

im taking Argentina vs Brazil in the final holding out hope for Argentina!!!

I'm not sure anymore who might end up in the final, after watching the magnificent display by the Oranje. But I'm thinking it might be Brazil v Chile.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Uruguay since they got the best striker in the world right now: Luis SUAREZ!!! Woy and England can go to hell if they don't let Sterling play.

Off down the pub to watch England get thrashed. Prediction... 1-0 Italy.

Users who are viewing this thread