WoD Legacy Looting Tip

Found the helm.

Attachments

• Alacrity.jpg
    Alacrity.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 130
its not messed up. its working fine. Its just... a bit dead.

But yea, if you arent just outright hellbent on F2P, make a 29.
Oh there’s an update in the dragon flight 20s saying that veterans are being queued with xp off. Are F2P’s not currently effected by this?

they are. this is working as intended.

It happened back in august. its not a mistake, though. So like... dont assume itll change.
Okay so is there a benefit to making a 20 over a 29 when they are being queued together anyway? Wouldn’t it be better to just make a 29 for the extra talent points?

thank you for answering by the way, can’t find these up to date answers anywhere.

I wouldnt be surprised if it's not possible on that, nothing has ever had 4 sockets... might be a flat limitation.

im waiting for a rogue or a monk wanting to try grind out a socket proc on Raven-Heart Headdress .
it should be possible to get a socket proc and a viable choice with 4x sockets on it compared to ilvl 87s, since there are no WoD leather-helms with crit/vers roll either.

the plate-helm from the same boss in auchenai crypts could also be a posibility for warriors & DKs.

we'll have to wait and see when someone decides to give that grind a try..

Found the helm.

as mentioned, socket procs on helms have already been confirmed and is a part of the shadowlands socket-slots theory.

i'd be very interessted if you manage to dig up the screenshot of the TBC trinket with the socket though.

Okay so is there a benefit to making a 20 over a 29 when they are being queued together anyway?

The ONLY benefit would be if the queues ever went back to f2play and vet queueing against levelers, 29 will die straight away... so you wouldnt have to reroll. But to gimp yourself on a possiblity isnt a good idea, and rerolling 20 would be easy since (currently) neither level can enchant their gear with the older, ilvl 50 or lower enchants.

29 has more power, more abilities, and more content than 20... but also requires a sub to play.

edit- as always, make both IMO.

we'll have to wait and see when someone decides to give that grind a try.

In my limited runs I've gotten multiple 3 socket belts and zero 4 socket anything, despite the fact I've had access to the pants/chests/helms far more than 2 socket belts. I hate to admit it, but I'm leaning toward limited slots capable of socket upgrade. :Sadge:

The ONLY benefit would be if the queues ever went back to f2play and vet queueing against levelers, 29 will die straight away... so you wouldnt have to reroll. But to gimp yourself on a possiblity isnt a good idea, and rerolling 20 would be easy since (currently) neither level can enchant their gear with the older, ilvl 50 or lower enchants.

29 has more power, more abilities, and more content than 20... but also requires a sub to play.

edit- as always, make both IMO.
Makes sense. My plan was to start with a 29 and if I’m able to get him geared to my liking I’ll roll a 20 on a vet account I have just incase they ever fix the queues. It’s really hard digesting all the info since DF is so new and so much has changed. Is there anywhere to easily find a BiS list for a 29 Hunter? From what I’ve read running WoD dungeons and doing dailies is best currently? Is there anywhere to find the current best enchants as well.

I like running 4x 10s and 1 60. Even tho it’s expensive I find this to be optimal as you can do a cloth/leather/mail/plate team and then no loot every goes to waste except for the rare level 60 drop.

From what I’ve read running WoD dungeons and doing dailies is best currently?

You can get likely away with TBC triple socket slots as blue (pants/chest/helm as we're discussing) for a while at the very least, they are close to the epic counterparts if you gem 2/2 main/stam gems in them and easier to get.

If you're going to roll a hunter just try for epic mastery drops from WoD dungeons, Iron Docks has some great trinkets that you can likely get epic without too much of a hassle. One or two slots dont drop there but I forget... maybe cloak/legs?

Also the second boss(s) drop a rifle that you'll probably get upgraded before the trinket, lol.

Lists are kind of moot for WoD as it's all a crapshoot what secondary stats you'll get. Nice part about the overtuned gear at 29 is that you can solo bosses pretty easy once you get a decent amount of epic slots, so you can get 2 drops per boss legacy.

Also keep in mind that there's no guarantee that queues will remain as they are, so a deep investment might be unwise.

I like running 4x 10s and 1 60. Even tho it’s expensive I find this to be optimal as you can do a cloth/leather/mail/plate team and then no loot every goes to waste except for the rare level 60 drop.

I'm leaning into doing it with 15s just for a few more talents and dungeons, all I use them for is self-run normal drops for my other twinks. Islands was fun for a bit with my 15 druid, but gets repetative too fast...

But even if queues go back to how they were pre dragon flight will there still be a place for 29 queues with xp off? Or are you saying they may change them all over again to something else?

also it’s been a very long tome since I’ve played WoD. Is there something special you have to do to get dungeons to drop epics? Or if you set the loot to legacy it will automatically do it?
You can get likely away with TBC triple socket slots as blue (pants/chest/helm as we're discussing) for a while at the very least, they are close to the epic counterparts if you gem 2/2 main/stam gems in them and easier to get.

If you're going to roll a hunter just try for epic mastery drops from WoD dungeons, Iron Docks has some great trinkets that you can likely get epic without too much of a hassle. One or two slots dont drop there but I forget... maybe cloak/legs?

Also the second boss(s) drop a rifle that you'll probably get upgraded before the trinket, lol.

Lists are kind of moot for WoD as it's all a crapshoot what secondary stats you'll get. Nice part about the overtuned gear at 29 is that you can solo bosses pretty easy once you get a decent amount of epic slots, so you can get 2 drops per boss legacy.

Also keep in mind that there's no guarantee that queues will remain as they are, so a deep investment might be unwise.

I'm leaning into doing it with 15s just for a few more talents and dungeons, all I use them for is self-run normal drops for my other twinks. Islands was fun for a bit with my 15 druid, but gets repetative too fast...

Is there something special you have to do to get dungeons to drop epics?

Run it over and over and over trying to get drops that "warforge" which means upgrade to add a tertiary, or socket, or epic, or combination of those. Not unusual to see at least one epic upgrade every 2-3 runs. Some more some less.

edit- running in legacy is just playing the odds that speed and 1-2 guaranteed drops (not guaranteed useable for your toon tho) will produce better result than normal where you're not even guaranteed any drop, but drops you get are all usable.

will there still be a place for 29 queues with xp off?

Yes, still an xpoff bracket but without f2play to feed into the queues they will dry up and end like every other bracket.

Last edited:
Run it over and over and over trying to get drops that "warforge" which means upgrade to add a tertiary, or socket, or epic, or combination of those. Not unusual to see at least one epic upgrade every 2-3 runs. Some more some less.

Yes, still an xpoff bracket but without f2play to feed into the queues they will dry up and end like every other bracket.

damn so what’s the best recommendation for twinking in retail currently, people just hoping 20s comes back with a queue correction and in the mean time keep playing in the 20-29 bracket? That sucks. Thanks for the info.

Using this post to ask a question because you all seem active. Have not twinked in retail since Wrath. I wanna get back into it. Is there a reason to make a fresh 20 since BG queues are messed up because of DF release. What’s the best bracket to make right now? Should I just go for a 29 since 20s are messed up right now anyway?

To be the most powerful in the 20-29 xp off bracket, it'd be making a 29 and gearing with warforged epic + socket + tert ilvl 112.

To be honest, right now the best way to twink and actually enter a battleground in a short amount of time is to easily honor gear at level 70 and party sync into lower brackets. Funny how blizz booted f2p, vets, and xp off 29s into the abyss and kept the party sync system to give levelers a beatdown.

It was easier before the DF prepatch, making new 20-29 now is just more run and hope and repeat.
I’m assuming it’s better to run yourself if you have two subbed accounts than doing random queues. That is until you can solo bosses like you mentioned.
[doublepost=1670556540,1670556360][/doublepost]
To be the most powerful in the 20-29 xp off bracket, it'd be making a 29 and gearing with warforged epic + socket + tert ilvl 112.

To be honest, right now the best way to twink and actually enter a battleground in a short amount of time is to easily honor gear at level 70 and party sync into lower brackets. Funny how blizz booted f2p, vets, and xp off 29s into the abyss and kept the party sync system to give levelers a beatdown.
Yeah for some reason I don’t have any interest in doing that. Twinking is a bit of a nostalgic experience for me, I still have my original 19 hunter twink from BC/Wrath. The simplicity of lower level and less abilities and idea of running myself for gear is what sounds fun. If I wanted to pvp with a 70 I’d just do normal BGs.

I’m assuming it’s better to run yourself if you have two subbed accounts than doing random queues. That is until you can solo bosses like you mentioned.

From an ease of use and "not having to bother anyone," yes it's better to control the high level and low level toons. I couldn't see myself bothering friends for 114 BRD runs for a socketed Circle of Flame. It only took ~80 seconds each run, could just run it 10x and try again at my convenience.

From an ease of use and "not having to bother anyone," yes it's better to control the high level and low level toons. I couldn't see myself bothering friends for 114 BRD runs for a socketed Circle of Flame. It only took ~80 seconds each run, could just run it 10x and try again at my convenience.
Totally makes sense, thank you for the info.
[doublepost=1670557143,1670556828][/doublepost]
How bad are queues currently in the 20-29 xp off bracket?

Users who are viewing this thread