WoD 10 Day Trials for Old P2P Accounts

7 day trial at launch and now a 10 day one.
Obama-08-18-2012-CJF-056-B-USM.jpg

SS BG doesn't seem to be popping, although I can queue for it. Maybe there aren't enough people trying to do it. If it's anything like the MoP trials, it will be every three months.

Various mounts drop from rares. Some grinding ones too, but those might be a tough ask in only 10 days. Still, can always continue the grind next free trial.

Not just old accounts. I let my sub lapse after the WoD launch fiasco and I also have the 10-day trial available.

Not sure whether I will get much use out of it now as I heard the WoD gear drops require level 91. Is this true?

Maybe you can use trial for garrisons?

yes, you can. garrisons are kinda fun, its similar to your own ship in KotOR or Mass Effect - building crew and shit. im just sad that they were so inspired by those fucking facebook games that they copied them (send slaves on mission and wait 1 hour) but here it doesnt make you pay for faster finish (as that option just is not there), it just plainly pisses you off. about equip - you get tons of equip from quests. those are really fun and tell pretty interesting story

By old, I simply meant non WoD accounts. You only get the trial if you're on MoP level. Most of the crafted gear which jumps in stats by a large amount requires 91. All the quest rewards are absolute junk, although there is a ring from a rare that gives you temporary stealth, which is nice.

yes, you can. garrisons are kinda fun...

Most of the crafted gear which jumps in stats by a large amount requires 91. All the quest rewards are absolute junk, although there is a ring from a rare that gives you temporary stealth, which is nice.

Thanks for the info. I heard that Father Christmas might be getting me Warlords for Christmas so I'm not sure if I can start the trial and upgrade to WoD straight away and keep the 10 days game time.

Garrisons are basically a facebook game

Professions were made obsolete except for enchanting

No flying sux for some people

Facebook games? Wow, you must have a lot of spare time! :p

Have to say, after playing it for a couple hours, Warlords is too easy. I easy soloed mobs/rares where the suggested number of party members was 3. I did a whole bunch of quests, took on multiple mobs simultaneously and never came close to being in trouble. I hear the heroics, etc are more of a challenge but so far I feel like I could complete all of the zone quests as an ilvl 570 level 90.

Have to say, after playing it for a couple hours, Warlords is too easy. I easy soloed mobs/rares where the suggested number of party members was 3. I did a whole bunch of quests, took on multiple mobs simultaneously and never came close to being in trouble. I hear the heroics, etc are more of a challenge but so far I feel like I could complete all of the zone quests as an ilvl 570 level 90.

The starter 90 zones are designed for boosted noobs in greens. Obviously a raid geared 90 will stomp them. Once you get to 91, the gear and difficulty goes up significantly. In previous expansions, greens were better than legendaries, and getting through the starter zones and dungeons was a big jump in gear and difficulty. This time, Blizz decided to make that jump at 91.

The starter 90 zones are designed for boosted noobs in greens. Obviously a raid geared 90 will stomp them. Once you get to 91, the gear and difficulty goes up significantly. In previous expansions, greens were better than legendaries, and getting through the starter zones and dungeons was a big jump in gear and difficulty. This time, Blizz decided to make that jump at 91.

Hmmm... I hope so. I've been disenchanting blues with required level 94 because they're so crap.

no you cant, it stops when youre 1 exp away from lvl up. you can lvl your slaves in garrison tho :-D

no you cant, it stops when youre 1 exp away from lvl up. you can lvl your slaves in garrison tho :-D

so you still see the bar filling up for 1 level? :]

im just sad that they were so inspired by those fucking facebook games that they copied them (send slaves on mission and wait 1 hour) but here it doesnt make you pay for faster finish (as that option just is not there)

Blizzard is already double dipping on sub fees + micro transactions, this is the next step, hahah. They put a system where time slows progression (for free), people get used to it, add more and more similar features and people will beg for micro transactions to speed the process.

This is really similar to the frog reacting to boiling water: if you put a frog in boililing water, it will fight to get out, but if you put it in warm water and progressively up the temperature till it boils, the frog will stay till it dies.

They did it with pets on the cash shop. First they did one "it's for the good cause, buy a pet for tsunami relief", people get used to it. Now they release pets in the shop on a regular basis.

Hmmm... I hope so. I've been disenchanting blues with required level 94 because they're so crap.
Yeah my 550 PvP gear got me through the first couple zones at least. Look into just selling your blues. Depending on your server, it's probably a better deal to sell the blues, and just buy the mats on the AH (possibly the greens too).

This is really similar to the frog reacting to boiling water: if you put a frog in boililing water, it will fight to get out, but if you put it in warm water and progressively up the temperature till it boils, the frog will stay till it dies.

As a biologist I feel compelled to nerd-ily interject that this anecdote isn't actually true. Please forgive my pedantry!

Quick question: do you actually level up with this trial? If you have only Mop, can you reach 91?

Yeah, my follows are all higher level than me. The epic pally (sorry, forgot his name) just dinged 94. My garrison is level 2 but quite a bit of stuff is locked until a higher level.

Users who are viewing this thread