Winter Veil Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Enter

To enter this competition you must post in this thread according to the competition rules according to the main competition thread found here. I'll run over them again for you here though.

All you have to do is post in the above thread answering the question posed to you by the previous person and leave your own question behind. You then have to post on the other forums a bit to make sure you have 15 posts. Easy right? You may only post in this thread once.

For example:

Starting question: What is your favourite colour?

Person 1: Red. How many moons does Jupiter have?

Person 2: 63! That's if you count all the little ones anyway. Where did you last go on holiday?

etc.

Your answer does not have to be accurate, but it does have to be on topic. To qualify for prizes you must have a minimum post count of 15 by the 31st December. If you are new this should be plenty of time for you to find a thread or two that interests you and take part in it. If you are not new then you're already set.

If you do not have an account here at Twink Info then do not worry, it should only take you a few moments to register your account.

To Discuss the Competition...

...go to the main competition thread. This thread is just for entries; to talk about the competition, introduce yourselves or otherwise have some friendly banter go to the Twink Info Winter Veil Competition thread

[font=trajan, tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Rules and Conditions[/font]

[font=trajan, tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As always, there have to be a couple of rules.[/font]
  • Entering the competition with more than one account will disqualify you
  • You must only post in the entries thread once
  • This forum is subject to moderation the same as any other forum. If deemed to be inappropriate your posts may be removed and thus your entry will be deemed invalid. In the entries thread an offtopic post is one that does not adhere to the thread's game rules and will thus be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove any member from the competition for any reason with no warning

Let's get this started then shall we?

Tea or coffee?

coffee, starbucks or go home

How much did Levi Strauss get for his first pair of jeans in 1850?

Just FYI, I'll probably be deleting your posts when I open this to the public. Also, I forgot to mention that you can only post in this thread once.

coffee, starbucks or go home,

How much did Levi Strauss get for his first pair of jeans in 1850?

Gift.

What does Talib Kweli rap at 2:22-2:26 on the track "Finally free" by DeStorm?

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAIP9tNN9Y

Gift.

What does Talib Kweli rap at 2:22-2:26 on the track "Finally free" by DeStorm?

Cameras gonna pick her, my movements slow motion, im a camera crow pitcher.

how much wood would a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

EDIT: wtf people keep posting in front of me.

A: None, i like SWTOR. ( would have to chose 80 bracket though, since i think im required to answer..)

Q: How many "BIS Reports" have there been?

Q: Can you please give a basic rundown of the components of a hydrogen fuel cell, and how hydrogen gas can produce energy for the (vehicle/object)?

A: The explanation of the hydrogen fuel cell should really be explained by a trained Scientist so we dont confuse anyone on here.

-edit- (just talked to a scientist)

A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction with oxygen or another oxidizing agent.[sup][1][/sup] Hydrogen is the most common fuel, but hydrocarbons such as natural gas and alcohols like methanol are sometimes used. Fuel cells are different from batteries in that they require a constant source of fuel and oxygen to run, but they can produce electricity continually for as long as these inputs are supplied.

Welsh Physicist William Grove developed the first crude fuel cells in 1839. The first commercial use of fuel cells was in NASA space programs to generate power for probes, satellites and space capsules. Since then, fuel cells have been used in many other applications. Fuel cells are used for primary and backup power for commercial, industrial and residential buildings and in remote or inaccessible areas. They are used to power fuel cell vehicles, including automobiles, buses, forklifts, airplanes, boats, motorcycles and submarines.

There are many types of fuel cells, but they all consist of an anode (negative side), a cathode(positive side) and an electrolyte that allows charges to move between the two sides of the fuel cell. Electrons are drawn from the anode to the cathode through an external circuit, producing direct current electricity. As the main difference among fuel cell types is the electrolyte, fuel cells are classified by the type of electrolyte they use. Fuel cells come in a variety of sizes. Individual fuel cells produce very small amounts of electricity, about 0.7 volts, so cells are "stacked", or placed in series or parallel circuits, to increase the voltage and current output to meet an application’s power generation requirements.[sup][2][/sup] In addition to electricity, fuel cells produce water, heat and, depending on the fuel source, very small amounts of nitrogen dioxide and other emissions. The energy efficiency of a fuel cell is generally between 40-60%, or up to 85% efficient if waste heat is captured for use.

Question:

Whats the definition of twink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread