Will Shadowlands reset twinks?

foomax

Veteran
"Shadowlands will introduce a "level squish" -- existing characters will have their level number reduced to a new scale. Level 120 characters will wake up in the new expansion as level 50" - Wowhead

If your 39 is squished to 16 won't you have to start gearing from scratch for a new bracket?

Asking because I don't want to make a twink if my progress is going to be reset by the year's end.

Well the only playable twinks are f2p 20s and the previous expansion pack type twinks. Honestly I don't see f2ps lasting into shadowlands, I can see blizzard putting an end to them somehow. So that leaves your only option as previous expansion twinks.

This is a big reason why I am making the switch to classic wow.

Every twink bracket is alive 24 hours of the day. Classic wow will remain the same.

Sure the gameplay is different than retail more resource management, jumps etc, but we have to make the best of what we have.

Class variety is pretty low as well but it is what it is.

F2p/vet(level 20's) are your safe bet for now, and like neon said, classic. Everything about the level squish and twinking is purely speculation, and no one will know for sure atleast until the beta comes out.

If your 39 is squished to 16 won't you have to start gearing from scratch for a new bracket?
nobody knows exactly how its scale down, the lvl might be reduced proportionately or it might not .. blizz hasnt reveal anything yet cos i couldnt find anything on this, ive been grinding heroic bc gems since this piece of news came out on all my 70 and higher lvl toons everyday .. i think these bc gems might be useful for low lvl in shadow, the 5str/6stam for plate class, 5int/5versa & 5int/6stam for casters (there are bunch of other drops like 5int/4haste or dodge gems which i just stored up), i have a feeling the stats on these gems might change in shadow, they are soulbound so its only good for that toon while lvling up. i also anticipate that i can stuff these gems on my Headdress of the First Shaman and those heirloom weapon with sockets (for lvl90) after the lvl squished because they are boa

Well the only playable twinks are f2p 20s and the previous expansion pack type twinks. Honestly I don't see f2ps lasting into shadowlands, I can see blizzard putting an end to them somehow. So that leaves your only option as previous expansion twinks.

This is a big reason why I am making the switch to classic wow.

Every twink bracket is alive 24 hours of the day. Classic wow will remain the same.

Sure the gameplay is different than retail more resource management, jumps etc, but we have to make the best of what we have.

Class variety is pretty low as well but it is what it is.
unless you are almond who hacks 29s in bgs. haven’t seen him lately but i know at least 20 people that reported him so maybe he got banned.

I honestly didn’t mind him hacking in because he wasn’t that good. other people were flaming mad and i was like hes not banned yet get on your 29s lol

I shouldn't say he wasn't good. He just wasn't OP for being 29 and was killable. no different than a 20 twink who knows how to play

Last edited:

1. Im buying an "a"
2. Aqueduct?

But what have they ever given us? - The Aqueduct?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread