Will edit a 30-39 arena video. ;]

Figured I'd post this if anyone out there would like to make a video but isn't familiar with the software. I'm not absolutely amazing with vegas, but I do know a fair amount.

Requirements:

No clicking/keyboard turning/back peddling, ect

Must be arena footage (or duels). I'd be happy to use BG footage for the intro/ect, though.

I'll edit through any perspective - however, if you're playing a "faceroll" class, i'd like you to put a fair amount of effort into finding interesting matches.

I'd prefer decent video quality, but it doesn't have to be amazing.

You'll need a filefront account to host the video files.

I'll need to have some idea of what music you'd like in your video so that I can edit around it - you don't have to name specific songs necessarily; i can probably make some suggestions if it becomes a problem.

I will put a lot of effort into the video, and will be able to show you samples/ect periodically.

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested. :]

Pretty sure he doesn't want to see a warlock just standing back dotting people, or a rogue 1 shotting level 30 mages. Shame though I never understood what people have against clicking especially at 39 when a lot of classes only have a handful of skills anyway.

It's just that you'll never ever be as effective as someone equally skilled that uses keybindings. That's a fact of life. It might work better for you, but all in all, I think nobody will say clicking is superior in general. Well, maybe RC-ST but...

Neratho said:
It's just that you'll never ever be as effective as someone equally skilled that uses keybindings. That's a fact of life. It might work better for you, but all in all, I think nobody will say clicking is superior in general. Well, maybe RC-ST but...

That seems like an opinion more than a fact. Maybe at 80with a whole lot of skills it could be true, but at 39 where you have a handful I don't think it'd matter to much.

It absolutely is a fact that binding your keys is more effective. Just think about it in a rational manner. If your using keybings all your abilities and skills are within fingers reach. Instead of clicking where your constantly moving your mouse around to click abilities, which limits your mobility in turn.

Bromrotama said:
It absolutely is a fact that binding your keys is more effective. Just think about it in a rational manner. If your using keybings all your abilities and skills are within fingers reach. Instead of clicking where your constantly moving your mouse around to click abilities, which limits your mobility in turn.

I use my left hand to push the buttons 1-6 on the off chance I need 7 or 8 I click it with a mouse. I can't imagine how keybindings would drastically improve my playing ability.

Zoomacroom said:
I use my left hand to push the buttons 1-6 on the off chance I need 7 or 8 I click it with a mouse. I can't imagine how keybindings would drastically improve my playing ability.

I'm not even going to address the issue of "handful of abilities" (which any 39 has at least 15 they should always have immediate access to).

As everyone has been trying to say, clicking "any" ability will cause you to lose time. Whether it is 1/10th of a second or 1 second, you still have to take your eyes off of your opponent and focus on the pointer to move it to the ability. You then have to move the mouse back to the playing area to keep moving. Sure I click out-of-combat abilities like eat/drink, etc. but any ability you need in combat should be bound.

This is not meant for those that use mouseover-mouseclick bound spells. This is sometimes very efficient for healers.

Keybinding. Better. For any class/level.End.

Zoomacroom said:
That seems like an opinion more than a fact. Maybe at 80with a whole lot of skills it could be true, but at 39 where you have a handful I don't think it'd matter to much.

My opinion is that keybinding is more effective for 3 reasons:

1 is reaction speed. There is no question it's quicker to hit "Q" (for instance) than it is to click the ability on your screen.

2 is character movement. When I'm circle strafing an opponent and want to cast ability_x, I can do so without messing with my movement at all.

3 is eye movement. To be the best you can be, you need watch for things that literally have to be reacted to in miliseconds. For instance, if I'm battling another rogue (I'm a rogue), I can watch for characters animations (like an attempt to blind me, or a PoM polymorph from a mage, etc) so I can try to vanish it. There is no way I could accomplish those things 9 times out of 10 if I'm looking down at my mouse clicking on my action bars.

Maybe just my opinions of course. But that's how I see it. I'm sure there are people out there who are better clickers than I would be, but I'm positive I couldn't be nearly as skilled as I am if I were to play by clicking.

IMO, it has nothing to do with number of abilities. If I only had 1 ability, I would still keybind.

Let's open another thread for that @Tavern or something, I really think it's a cool move of Subjection to edit those movies, so let's keep it clean here. I apologize for raising that discussion.

Brumble said:
Ahoy there Subjection!

I might be interested with either my Rogue or Druid

You can reach me on MSN
I say Rogue... I am starting to get some video data together... a 39 hunter in arena 1v1 mostly. I saw the Kaylol video and it was great, IMO.

Ooooh.

I have a hard drive sitting here with loads of high quality footage, filmed at 30fps+ full screen, and decent content. My computer is broken though so cannot edit the stuff together myself.

(proof of not complete 'noobness' )

[video=youtube;FYtH0mKOfZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtH0mKOfZQ[/video]

PM/comment here if interested, thanks. ^^

Powerglove said:
1v1ing warriors on a rogue =/= proof of skill

Benchlol said:
(proof of not complete 'noobness' )

"No clicking/keyboard turning/back peddling, ect" was what I was aiming for, and yes I know 1v1 warriors on a rogue is for the most part trivial but that clip was just showing the vanish intercept (uber hard rigght? :p).

I've gotten three people interested so far, so if anyone else is considering posting, I'd like to ask you to wait until I provide an update.

Brumble

Shirk

Bench

I've spoken to Brumble some about it, I've got his MSN so I'll talk to him more later on today. I'm not sure if he's certain he wants to do the video or not (i think he is, but don't know).

If not, I'll move to Shirk and, if something doesn't work out, then to Bench (just going by who contacted me first).

This next part applies to all of you, heh

In addition to your arenas/duels, I'll need clips for your intro/end, as well as any "filler" footage (be it funny, cool, whatever) you'd like in your video. basically, since you'll be providing the footage you'll also be providing rough ideas for what you'd like to see. I can make suggestions, but that's about it. none of it HAS to be complex - that's really up to you.

I'll keep you guys in the loop, thanks for the opportunity. :)

This seems like a good place to ask this: What program should I use to record footage?

I would love to make a movie too but I want to learn to use the programs myself as I simply wouldnt be happy with someone else doing it for me. Plus i get programs for free legally >.>

Users who are viewing this thread