Why no Ret Paladins?!

Dramatized

Legend
Howdy!

Today I came across the thought that I rarely see any Retradins at all. I mean imo they're one of the most fun and balanced classes currently, easy to gear + they're really useful to a team.

Now this is :EU: - dunno how things are in the :US:.

So guys, first of all: do you agree with my observations? Do you have any idea why we see so few Retri Paladins?

I think prot is somewhat nice to go with just for the silence, sure big crits can be fun from time to time.

Retri paladin is probably the most hardhitting class/spec in the bracket. Btw brosmash is almost always ret now.

As much retarded damage as Ret Paladins have, I hardly see any.

My friend just rolled a Ret twink yesterday. With all of his gear I have seen him one hit people.

I was intimidated.

Rets hit hard, but lacks mobility.

The reason there are such few rets is because even a horrible backpedaling hunter can destroy a ret.

Why there's not a lot of them?

First let's face the Overpowerness of Holy. You get high mana, crazy healing and almost never run Oom. You can fill yourself back up in about 2 seconds.

Second point, Hunters. As a ret you'll get pretty fucked up by any hunter, since the only thing you can do if there's no LoS is kill and pet and die.

Third reason, Mobility.

I think these 3 reasons are the one keeping people away from Ret. I do believe that Ret is really good, but just gimped compared to the two other spec they can go.

bankbeauty said:

First let's face the Overpowerness of Holy. You get high mana, crazy healing and almost never run Oom. You can fill yourself back up in about 2 seconds.

Second point, Hunters. As a ret you'll get pretty fucked up by any hunter, since the only thing you can do if there's no LoS is kill and pet and die.

Third reason, Mobility.

I think these 3 reasons are the one keeping people away from Ret. I do believe that Ret is really good, but just gimped compared to the two other spec they can go.

I agree with that, but I find it sad that not many people are willing to try out anything that is considered "gimped". If you ask me, it makes the game more enjoyable and more of a challenge. You can make it work, it just takes more patience and "skill" then anything considered to be OP or balanced.

bankbeauty said:

Third reason, Mobility.

I see what you mean. I admit Holy is pretty awesome, however I don't think everyone that rolls a Paladin think that Holy is the way to go, rather than Retri. And well - sure, Retradins don't stand a chance vs a Hutards, but nor Mage, nor Balance Druids, nor Elemental Shamans and I still see lots more of those three classes.

And yeah - the low mobility is probably the biggest reason so few plays the class, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread