Why hate?

Omeros

Legend
So I happened to be browsing the Internet and came across an extremely ancient post by "Chubs". This was on MMO Champion and it was when he got 2k achievement points. Everyone there just flammed, trolled and claimed it to be easy.

What I'm struggling to understand is why would they say it's "easy" when they couldnt get a level 1 with 500 achievement points. RAGE!

I got quite angry after reading it to.. People with no clue commenting on shit they dont know anything about.

I finally made my twink and am starting to admire people around the 1k mark even. Sure hitting 2.5k is a dream (they are free) but as Squeaky said, 1k is a challange.

Yeah, tell them it's "easy" to get even 1k when you don't have access to ANY 2 person mount like I don't with 4 of 6 of my 10's (cause they're on the same account as my mains). I'm pushing 1k on my Hunter and it has been 100% on foot with no help from anyone. I've even explored 3 and almost 4 zones of Northrend on foot with him.

my post on there at the time and before it got locked had more views and more comments than when <Premonition> had the US first H:LK kill and their world first H:Halion kill.

it even generated a spin-off thread that got the poster of that banned on MMO. after that post, I was interviewed for a couple of mmo blogs and had at least half a dozen GMs that play contact me in game to ask me questions. I was even contacted by a game dev and tried hard to get an NPC in the game named after me
<
even today I get people popping on the server asking to inspect me because they don't believe that.

but mostly, i get spammed, ignored, called a hacker, and a gm alt account....and then those people that have the nerve to log on and say anyone could do that or that it's not cool to have 100k HKs because some people have 250k, that they could do it, or that it's just plain stupid to do it in the first place

no one understands that us old timers paved the way for this new class of level 1s and that you will pave the way for greater things from the next set of new guys, and that there is a deep passion to do it at this level and a tight nit community that makes it all happen.

i'm finally putting together my solo video of Cenarion Emissary from 10/2010 and plan on putting it on MMO to see more fireworks
<

Anyone can do it and that's what makes it so great, since so few people actually realize how easy it is.

Time and effort is all you need, well that and a love for indescribably boring tasks.

Time and effort is all you need, well that and a love for indescribably boring tasks.

Coming from you, the Master of the Grind, that sounds good...but I disagree, everyone can NOT do it. Heck, I've grinded a lot, but I can not do what you've done
<
You're the definition of insane...and we all respect you because of that! It really is like saying that everyone CAN be top dps .. technically you are correct, but in reality, there are very few that can.

However, and this is what I tell people that hate, roll up a level 1 and try it...cause everyone definitely can have fun doing it.

i know im on a 10 but with 3K points, you gradually get well know cross server. nearly every day people make toons to come inspect me or talk to me.

85 on my server are always randomly opening trade and giving me stuff whn they see my titles. a guy just gave me 750g the other, day and i didn't know him from adam.

i played 1s since preBC and am only grinding reps and achieve farming cause i got inspired by you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread