Why F2P Mage?

Deadvulcano

Legend
wowmage.png

If you play a mage:
  • Why did you make one?
  • What do you like about them?
  • What could blizzard change to make you stop playing your mage?

If you don't play a mage:
  • Why don't you make one?
  • What don't you like about them?
  • What could blizzard change about mages to make you want to play one?

1. cuz i read your guide
2. the mobility and cc
3. probably moving poly up higher

After i watched some of your videos Deadvulcano, and a 19 twink named Spam, is when I decided to make a Frost mage.

I love the uniqueness of the Frost mage because not very many people play them. Our CC is awesome even though I still need to GREATLY improve in that aspect. Last night we were running thorough tunnel with last flag, winning 2-0, and then our flag gets picked with 1 minute left. As i blink up the tunnel I have Freeze ready, and as I turn the corner I throw a Freeze all the way across the room freezing a rogue carrying our flag. He was already past the wall, but I froze him in his tracks. I went after him and Frostbolt crit him 550, froze him again with nova, Crit him for another 550, and then 200 with Fireblast. We won that game. Oh yeah, I crit hard and often and make hunters wanna cry... ;) I recently played my first arena, and I realized how powerful poly is, gamechanging really. I freeze dpsers that attack my healer, and we basically own. Disc Priest+Frost mage+whatever, is amazing.

Also Like youakim said. If they move poly up higher then I might CONSIDER stopping, but I love my mage.. MAGES NEED POLY!

i love mages

the good balance between dps and survive abilities made me make one as my first f2p character

i like the influence they have on how your team does becasue of the various abilities to cc a target and also burst them down

if they would make poly a skill that you learn after 20 and if they would lose counterspell (those 2 abilities makes the mage without them it would be a allmost useless class)

ps : MAGES FTW :O !!!!

I always playd mage.
Mages are amazing with a group of people who know what they are doing.
Mass kite + cc (improved cs <33333333)
Mages sometimes makes me sad, because they are sooooooooooooooo bad in duels ;(
and (female) d0rf mages are just the best hihi

• Why did you make one?
I couldn't decide if I would make a Warrior or a Mage, so I made a threat here on TI and I played my Mage to glad before aswell.

Mobility, CC and burst damage. In fact, just a way to get out a fight if you want too.

Get rid of Blink or Sheep.

1. I played a mage in Late Vanilla - WOTLK. Originally I made a mage because I liked the color of their starting robe.
2. The CC is fun, and deadzoning hunters isn't bad either.
3. Well taking away hunter deadzone might make me stop playing as much (which is happening.) I'll have to see how it goes.

• Why did you make one?
    I always play casters.

Dynamic high paced game play, and the best control toolkit in the bracket.

They could reduce the size of the control toolkit; they could take away mage coc. Nothing is more satisfying than swinging around and blasting coc in enemy faces. They are usually so shocked that they stay frozen in place for two seconds before they can react.

• Why did you make one?
    I made one for the 19 war games due to their control.
    I like their mobility, CC, and burst damage.
    Blizzard could reduce their mobility via a blink nerf or cc by way of giving sheep a cd. Otherwise I dislike mage in general due to their squishy nature and I am also not a huge fan of a pure casting class.

PS: Does anyone know what font the word Guardian is in, in my signature?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you play a mage:
  • Why did you make one?
First class comes to your mind when thinking about fantasy world? For me its mage. Also I wanted to see myself how good is mages CC as f2p.
Best CC on this level , usefulness of Blink in so many ways.
Remove spells that makes him unique : Blink, Polymorph, Counterspell. Also removing his freeze spells may shatter my love towards my mage.

Users who are viewing this thread