Why F2P Mage?

If you play a mage:
  • Why did you make one?
  • What do you like about them?
  • What could blizzard change to make you stop playing your mage?

-because i wanted to try a f2p mage

-their amazing ability to kill the 2 "biggest threats" in this bracket (besides 24's), hunters and pally's

-take away sheep,blink, and silence.

I got bored
That mine has the swift pot already/blink/MoP Aoe's
No blink/sheep, Arcane Explosion(mop), or ruin the dmg of FB/Pyro

1) I like ranged damage and CC, but I couldn't in good conscience roll a hunter.
2) My mage is undead and wears a dress, and he looks better than you.
3) Somehow make hunters more overpowered in MoP. In that case, I will probably just quit.

I rolled my "f2p" mage because I already had a priest, and wanted my f2p-restricted worgen to be as trollerific as possible. I'd played one a bit in the past, and I had a lot of work to do improving as a DPS (and in general) in PvP. The mobility and CC are great, and they offer amazing utility in a strong group. Balancing various forms of CC while being super squishy was a great learning experience, poor positioning and awareness almost inevitably puts a Release Spirit button on your screen.

With 5.0/MoP on the horizon, I've finally started looking through the new talent calculators a bit, and I'm pretty unsure about mages at 20 going forward. Cone of cold is moved to 28, Improved CS to 70, Frostbolt is limited to Frost spec. As arcane, the only way to slow someone will be a 2.75 second Frostfire Bolt cast. Arcane Charge - Spell - World of Warcraft could be a nice boost to damage, but the cleave worres me slightly in terms of breaking CC.

Frost seems relatively unchanged, outside of Cone of Cold. Ice Floes - Spell - World of Warcraft from the T1 talents may be enough of a mobility buff to make it the ideal spec.

Off-topic: Ice Lance at 22 and Fingers of Frost at 24 are scary.

What would be a better chest enchant for a mage come MoP between 4 stats and 100 health? I know these enchants are unavailable to F2P but please, humor me.

Mage is the one class I haven't rolled.

I guess my question is:
If you don't play a mage:
  • Why don't you make one?
  • What don't you like about them?
  • What could blizzard change about mages to make you want to play one?

What would be a better chest enchant for a mage come MoP between 4 stats and 100 health? I know these enchants are unavailable to F2P but please, humor me.

A bit Off-topic... but, I always use 4+ stats on my BoA chest, although you should have both enchants on separate heirlooms.

I haven't paid in a long time and gw2 early access in 18 days :p

Users who are viewing this thread