Why don't you twink in Wotlk?

Why don't you twink in Wotlk? (choose up to 2)

• Barrier to entry/dont know where to start?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Too much work, Cant be asked to have a max level to farm Heroics.

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Wrath twinking is boring.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • General wrath community is unfriendly.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (please leave a message)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
I was super pumped about my 10 Rogue on WotLK prepatch, got him pre-boa bis, did some bgs, wpvp, achievements.

WotLK released, alongside BoAs, I lost all interest. Due to my own personal schedule, I play maybe 1-4 hours a day. After a long day of parenting, I'm not gonna torture myself for those 1-4 hours questing and leveling up my 71 paladin to 80, to then farm toxic Heroics for all my BoAs.

I told myself I would wait until you can buy a boost to 80, grind heroics and go ahead and play my 10. I'm not too stressed about "missing" out on WotLK for 10s. Gameplay wise its meh, it was just really important to acquire all that gear before it gets GF'd in Cata. Cata is where the true fun for 10s started.

The 10-14 bracket will cry for mercy, once more.

Same boat, but when Joyous Journeys came back I returned and finished leveling my main.

I had enough emblems for my first BOA piece just from leveling through Icecrown. You should have enough for 2 pieces if you do both Icecrown and Storm Peaks.

Just doing 1 heroic daily per day should net you 6-7 emblems. Logging on for an hour a few days a week and you'll be heirloomed out in no time. If you have time or motivation, do another easy one like CoS for an additional 5 emblems.

Even though I don't have much time to play BGs, I like that I am remaining BiS. If a night comes along that my wife goes out with my daughter, I'll have Purj ready to remind people who the boomer shaman king is.

I have 27 emblems or something to go, just to get the SP trinkets which I won't really use, but I should probably have.

but when Joyous Journeys came back I returned and finished leveling my main.
I'm waiting for this to come back again honestly
Even though I don't have much time to play BGs, I like that I am remaining BiS.
This is one of the biggest draws to wrath for me.
[doublepost=1677679502,1677679405][/doublepost]
Get your shit together and start creating your twink or getting to 80.
:YEP:
I've made some sets in my discord for each class that might not be 100% BiS
I've also got the armory threads for 19/39s

fwiw you can still be competitive without looms. there's a 39 warrior nijel that does great without them.

And yeah after we get the upgrade complete and functional, I'd like to get a lot of the wrath resources on here so people don't have to crawl through different discords just to find links and builds, etc.

I will say, Nijel is a very good warrior, but he also DOES have a PoD :D

Party sync is ok
Oh, and it gets annoying how BGs are FILLED with hunters while leveling because hunters are braindead easy to play and do ridiculous damage.

Ok so I did maybe 10 or so BGs last night, partysync'd my 61 destro lock into the 20-29 bracket. I really miss BG'ing on my old lvl 20 vet destro. Was not disappointed, had fun. And now I have these cool vanilla/tbc talents like shadowburn, backlash (instant incinerates) and soul link. Soul fire crits 1 shot just like old lvl 20 vetting.

The army of hunters wasn't really a problem. I have so much experience fighting twink hunters in the old lvl 20 bracket that fighting non-twink hunters is laughable. Juke a kick then essence drain life to make their aimed shot do -36% dmg. Also I have the GF'd heirloom absorb trink that works in partysync and helps a lot.

Most of my talents work in 20-29 too, feels like that will get nerfed? Even infernal works. There's only 5 noteworthy ones I can't use - cataclysm, channel demonfire, shadowfury, mortal coil and grimoire of sacrifice. But who cares, just spend the points somewhere else.

Last edited:
Destro locks are about as OP as hunters in lower levels, but lock is less brain dead easy to play so you don't see as many. The scaling on those nukes seems wack.

I wouldn't play anything below 49s because I lose too many baseline abilities that I care about on my shaman. Party sync is perhaps the closest thing to twinking on retail given how easy it is to get games doing it and there is no underhanded methods involved (Edit: needing a second account or levelers to queue with could be a hurdle for some players). The talent thing is a problem but we all know it will be many many months before they adjust anything, if at all. Remember to keep an eye out for flasks and food buffs you can use. You can use saltwater potions and third wind potions. The biggest loss is no gliders.

I didn't realize there was a GF'd absorb trinket. I just use the pvp hierloom and that one that boosts my hp 15%. Then the on use heal neck heirloom is the only other thing I know if that does anything gear wise.

I do start to feel like a bit of a loser griefing levelers for the 'fun' of it, but that's part of what I signed up for when I started twinking. I feel that I'm enjoying max level a lot more because I've outgrown that part of me and improved in pvp overall. Still feels good to power trip a little when I'm in the mood for it.

Edit: the usual twink hate on the forums has transitioned strongly to party syncing now that the real twinks are mostly gone. The less stupid players do realize why they are stomped so hard in those BGs. Also, party syncing is a nice way to get honor for max level gear without being at a power disadvantage.

Last edited:
Just started twinking in Wrath Classic. Joined <Golden Twinkies> - Westfall (let’s go fam), but definitely feeling the burn when leveling my main to max just for heirlooms. With not much time to play it’s definitely obnoxious to have to waste so much effort for a few items, but it is what it is.

Just started twinking in Wrath Classic. Joined <Golden Twinkies> - Westfall (let’s go fam), but definitely feeling the burn when leveling my main to max just for heirlooms. With not much time to play it’s definitely obnoxious to have to waste so much effort for a few items, but it is what it is.
Welcome sunshine <3 I’m so happy to have you! Big love!

the heirlooms acquired via pvp are different from the ones acquired via heroic currency and are typically (but not always) the worse choice

Ok thats what I thought, i wasn't sure if it was the case or if I was misremembering ty.

Users who are viewing this thread