Why do you play 19's?

because its a fun bracket that ive played in for about 5 years now (with multiple short breaks). I left for quite the time after the bracket stopped queueing in 09 or whenever it was.

EDIT: and thanks to Suzzane for fixing great premades and arenas back in the days!

I've played 19 twinks since '06 also in a small battle group called retaliation. Although I didn't know most of you, I had great times in burning crusade, it wasn't about being the best or having good averages, it was about having FUN, nothing more.

Then the "Great Nerf" as we call it (the removal of leg armor) hit and basically destroyed the 19 retaliation battle group. I thought 19s were dead but I couldn't bring myself to level mine like all my friends. I had a small feeling, 19s would come back. But for the most of WOTLK I hibernated my 19 rogue Trilium.

So whether this was the end of WOTLK or early cata, I was fishing for my fishing hat, and I decided to que just for fun, and of course, an unavailable time. 20min into fishing, my que popped and it was a feeling that can't be recreated.

Later on in Cata, I worked hard to make a name for myself is the community and became the rogue you know as Trilium today.

On a side note at Pizza. I despise you and the majority of your guild, but I will admit something. With the fear of being GY farmed by your guild, comes the HOPE of defeating you. I think this hope drives the 19 bracket and allows this hatred to drive you to play your best game, creating some cometitive games. I think Waw Tawent, although bastards, give 19s on Alliance a goal.

-Tril

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played 19 twinks since '06 also in a small battle group called retaliation. Although I didn't know most of you, I had great times in burning crusade, it wasn't about being the best or having good averages, it was about having FUN, nothing more.

Then the "Great Nerf" as we call it (the removal of leg armor) hit and basically destroyed the 19 retaliation battle group. I thought 19s were dead but I couldn't bring myself to level mine like all my friends. I had a small feeling, 19s would come back. But for the most of WOTLK I hibernated my 19 rogue Trilium.

So whether this was the end of WOTLK or early cata, I was fishing for my fishing hat, and I decided to que just for fun, and of course, an unavailable time. 20min into fishing, my que popped and it was a feeling that can't be recreated.

Later on in Cata, I worked hard to make a name for myself is the community and became the rogue you know as Trilium today.

On a side note at Pizza. I despise you and the majority of your guild, but I will admit something. With the fear of being GY farmed by your guild, comes the HOPE of defeating you. I think this hope drives the 19 bracket and allows this hatred to drive you to play your best game, creating some cometitive games. I think Waw Tawent, although bastards, give 19s on Alliance a goal.

-Tril

we do beat them all the time they just make sure they afk before the game is over when they know they will lose

Your just saying that because your class is getting screwed over...
Let's be honest though, I dont even have a rogue and I can say that they are doing way to much to rogues in mop... Hunter's annoy me much more than rogues do, so taking away disengage was the right thing but they did way to much to rogues upcoming patch

Suffering through an entire expansion playing a nerfed into the ground class for epeen purposes doesn't take a great player.

Yeah we've heard the blah blah hurrr durrr rog will rely on superior movement and skillz just like in the old days bullcrap many times before. There's no doubting that with those things and some support you'll be able to outplay and beat low to mid tier players, but against any person/team with even half a brain that knows how to play their classes you'll be utterly helpless. In their current form on the PTR rogues are like the warriors of Cata, but without the "holy crap you took 90% of my health in 2 gcds" aspect to them and a charge.

A lot can change before MoP goes live (and I hope it does), but as of now you'll have to be chugging speed pots on cooldown to even TRY and compete with every other classes mobility and be an asset to the team. Unless there is some magic gap closer that you only get if you have good movement and are a skilled player you're going to be out of luck.

You can't out movement someone that has a 30%+ speed bonus on you or simply rolls out of your range.
You can't out movement someone when 1 CC takes you off of target with no way to get back on.
You can't out skill someone that you literally can't touch outside of throws.

Not only will rogues take a nerf at 19 but I'm also hearing that 90 isn't looking too good for them either. Apparently DK's kite the shet out of them, leaving them snared almost 100% of the time.

Despite all of that, I have a strong feeling that at some point Blizzard will come to the aid of rogues. From since Vanilla, Rogues and Hunters have never been underpowered.

Despite all of that, I have a strong feeling that at some point Blizzard will come to the aid of rogues. From since Vanilla, Rogues and Hunters have never been underpowered.

"blah blah hurrr durrr rog will rely on superior movement and skillz just like in the old days bullcrap"

TRANSLATION:

Wotlk for a month or so! (for a month or so) and then they were fixed. So I don't see the point in QQing hardcore that rogues are terrible and MoP will be terrible and everything is horrible and the world sucks just because Mocha who typically speaks out against the mainstream opinion disagrees with Curley and Slyd.... there's nothing wrong with disagreeing but simply don't be a fool about it

Users who are viewing this thread