Why did you decide to play level20?

Why did you decide to play level20?

• Because it's fun (Twinking is fun + simplistic PvP)

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Because it's free (#starterEdition. You can play as long as you want + you don't need to pay money)

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Because it's challenging (Achievements, collections, farming. WoW is harder when you play lvl20)

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters

Embu

French Moderator
If you have previously voted on Discord, no need to vote here!

Why did you decide to play level 20? :slight_smile:

Z.png

ANSWERS

1 - Because it's fun
• Twinking is fun
• Simplistic PvP
2 - Because it's free (#starterEdition)
• You can play as long as you want
• You don't need to pay money
3 - Because it's challenging
• Achievements, collections, farming
• WoW is harder when you play lvl20

You can give a more detailed answer here of course!

the only active bracket (<5 min queue time)? not like you have a choice...

Because they cucked my 19s

19's cucked your 19. they are scattered
- 19's whined when F2P could play their bracket that helped ques, same ones who rolled 24/29 twinks
- private servers
- classic WOW
- classic TBC
- retail WOW
- already talking fresh classic WOW
- have mentioned even classic WOTLK, which will have XP on and off separated along with 19s losing enhancements from van WOW and TBC

I used to love twinking back when I was introduced to it in vanilla. I twinked from vanilla through cata playing every bracket from 19 to 70. I was informed of xpoff working again in shadowlands, but no sooner did they fix it. I then found out about f2p and vets through this fine website. I usually pvp at end game at a decent rating, but as of late I don't care for end game, and I just love that I can rock all my old mogs at 20, and it's just simple pvp and gameplay with no bullshit systems, and typically very chill people with a few outliers here and there! Anyway! I just love the community, and the games! See you in the gulch!

Mostly due to the fact it's got it's own unique set of circumstances and challenges.

In many ways, playing F2P at 20 feels more like an oldschool MMORPG to me. The unique sets of challenges, and self reliance, for example. It feels somehow both very polished yet raw, and is much more similar to the kind of MMORPGs that I prefer as to modern WoW.

I also feel as it has a very nice and tight knit community that is very helpful, and truly cares about eachother and helping people with their objectives. It reminds me quite a bit of the 60s twink community during WoTLK/Cata ish eras, in that it's much more like it's own end game than any sort of twinking.

It was all of the above, but gradually my relation with the game became toxic and unhealhy, to the point that im just twinking to kill time and hoard stuff. It all boiled down to choice number 2 only. And I have little capacity to press more than 4 buttons.

Thanks for your answers guys. It's always interesting to know the reasons behind this!

On my side I mainly play lvl20 for community reasons.

When I played level 20 in 2011 it was the first time I was playing World of Warcraft. And in the same time this was also the first time I met people online. That's why I decided to stay at this level.

Without knowing it, I was looking for a community - and found one immediately. Never felt the need to go higher and looking further, for I already got what I wanted.

I also used to like PvP when I was younger. But now I don't have the time anymore for that. Too many changes at every patch, and too many spells to keep in mind for each different class. So, can you see me trying to memorize all the high level spells if I would decide to play lvl60 one day... that wouldn't even that possible lol.

Another thing I like in the level 20 gameplay is the environment. And more precisely, the hostile environement. Everything around you is a high deadly potential area. That makes the game much harder than what it is at high level. Before Shadowlands some quests were also unaccessible, so for me there was always a part of mystery around these quests I wasn't able to achieve. Like if you was an anomaly in this world. The only player playing not normally, unlike the others. The only player playing a world into a world.

I do like Shadowlands because I am now able to play World of Warcraft as if I was a high level player, but still in starting edition. Now we have more quests than before, more dungeons than before (only if, like me, you did the F2P DK bug in 2012) and we also have more battlegrounds and less limits than before. Gosh, I can tell you I feel the difference now with a 100% mount speed and 1,000 gold pieces in my inventory. After 10 years, that's really something different.

Also on another topic I can finally join battlegrounds with my main character (created on French servers), and it wasn't no longer possible since WoD. So it's really great to be able to PvP again, 6 years after PvE content only. I can only join epic random battlegrounds tho but that's something.

Considering this PvP thing + the others limits removed with the arrival of Shadowlands, I kinda see this expansion as a return to the good old days of Cataclysm, back when there was F2P activity on French servers and there was a large range of possible things.

Of course the F2P community from that time doesn't exist anymore in game, but I kept contact with many of them on Facebook and social media. I feel pretty happy when I organize IRLs with them, it's like resurrecting Cataclysm and the good memories kept from this period. Hope it will last.

So, since I originally chose to stay lvl20 for a community reason, I should normally vote the "community" option into this poll. But as you can see, this option doesn't exist.

But apart from that I also liked doing PvP, facing an hostile environement and playing without paying. Everytime I was playing level 20, I liked doing all this. So I can naturally vote for these 3 options at the same time.

I do hope we'll be able to play F2P as long as possible, together as community.

Hi everyone !

Been a lurker for months and finally decide to write a first comment.
First of all, thank you all for all the great work you've done over the years.
You made me wanna play wow again (as a long term addict... I mean a Vanilla player, it means a lot).

Why I play level 20 is mostly about the playing experience :
- Professions are usefull again,
- Endgame isn't just doing the same dungeon again and again,
- there's many ways to gear up : quests, dungeons, grinding 28's BOE, professions...
- You NEED the help of the community ( how the hell did you discover the ilvl54 artifact bug?? Couldn't figured it out myself...),
- leveling is fast,
- you can chose either to play casual or hard grinding for the perfect loot,
- You travel back in all previous XPac in order to gear up, making the world so much bigger,
- There's always new things to discover (that's why I keep checking on the forum on a daily basis).

So again, thank you all for the effort you put in building this great community.

I've got a last question for @Embu (sorry to derail, couldn't find the answer nor sending a personnal message).
You said you were finally able to queued for BG with your main on a french server. How do you do that?
I had the bad idea to create my twink on my main server (Dalaran, French) to finally discover that it was complete crap for twinking (30min / 1hour to enter a TBC dungeon and you can wait all night for a lvl 20 BG).
Was considering to transfer my twink to another server but if there's another (free) way to play, I'm in ! :)

I played WoW, mainly end game arena for 5 years (2010 to 2015). I had some RL friends that I would do arena with, but 1 by 1 they left, and then when there was only me and 1 other friend left, I started to lose interest in the end game grind (during WoD), and we started to have different things we wanted to do in WoW.
During those 5 years, 1 friend who had stopped playing end game, mentioned something about a whole community existing at lvl 20. I didn't know what he was on about - I was like, what stupid idiot plays WoW as F2P and only lvl 20......... :POGGERS:

So around 2012, I had a foray into the 20 - 24 bracket, with a lvl 24 Draenei Surv Huntard - Nighthawk - who sadly is now deleted.
Being 24 he was whooping everything with his Explosive Shot, but I was still very much into end game arena, so I just didn't stick in the bracket.

However, in 2015, after getting fed up with end game, but still wanting a PvP fix, I created Krystalhawk. I was having fun, gearing and also doing PvP, not realising that there was so much rare gear and hard to find items at lvl 20. Soon after, I made my beloved Iceháwk. It was soon after this, I stumbled across TwinkInfo and the community I had heard about years earlier.
Not wanting to give up the cool mogs and stuff collected, plus professions from 5 years of end game, I stuck to being Vet and in all honesty, it's being part of this online twink community that I really enjoy, sharing each others successes, achievements, lucky RNG etc etc. It's just a great bunch of ppl that all share a common interest.

I've now been Vet longer than my P2P days, and it still gives me enjoyment and that PvP fix, or PvE fix I crave. I'm still a bit of a loner in game, but won't normally knock back an invite to a 5 man to crack some Horde skulls...... :p

And to answer the question, I selected all 3 options. I like all of it, and the community.

Thanks to everyone who makes this bracket great! ;)

I've got a last question for @Embu (sorry to derail, couldn't find the answer nor sending a personnal message).
You said you were finally able to queued for BG with your main on a french server. How do you do that?
I had the bad idea to create my twink on my main server (Dalaran, French) to finally discover that it was complete crap for twinking (30min / 1hour to enter a TBC dungeon and you can wait all night for a lvl 20 BG).
Was considering to transfer my twink to another server but if there's another (free) way to play, I'm in ! :)

Champs de bataille épiques aléatoires (random epic battlegrounds)
You can queue for it and you'll last about 20 minutes. Last one I've made was 1 week ago, I waited for 19min

And to answer the question, I selected all 3 options. I like all of it, and the community.

Thanks to everyone who makes this bracket great! ;)

:p

Users who are viewing this thread