Why are ferals Banned?

Sickness

Legend
Hi all,
As somebody who has played the 70 bracket for many years, I remember Blood Dk's, Rogues , Discs and Prot Pallys and how silly OP they all were at times. So my question stands...If none of those "scum" classes were banned then why now are ferals?

Cheers

Sickness

5 cp bite deals too much damage
This is what I've always found ironic about the "Twinks" on TI. It's 100% not the fault of the Player who chooses a Class that Blizzard refuses to balance. It's 100% not the fault of a Player who chooses to farm Consumables, yet they're banned too because most of the community is too fucking lazy to farm them also. So the TI community at large bans things out of the control of Players but has ZERO PROBLEM CHEATING to gain an edge over others using Jump exploits, DDOS attacks during the TC, Lag programs as well as various other Exploits and game Hacks.

5 cp bite deals too much damage

and prots who oneshotted everything that didnt stack stam with avengers/harsh words/engi trinket were fine, same with rogues who could kill you in every single opener?
the reason ppl "ban" ferals is because the bracket is nearly dead so the few people who still play it can decide which classes should be banned, it wasnt possible during cata or mop when the bracket was more active

and prots who oneshotted everything that didnt stack stam with avengers/harsh words/engi trinket were fine, same with rogues who could kill you in every single opener?
the reason ppl "ban" ferals is because the bracket is nearly dead so the few people who still play it can decide which classes should be banned, it wasnt possible during cata or mop when the bracket was more active

ofc not i just answered his question, nothing more to it.

Can't speak for US, but on EU they are only banned from a weekly tournament that is being hosted by one guy. Much the same way prot paladins were usually banned for tournaments during mop.
I am not personally for the banning of ferals in said tournament though.

This is what I've always found ironic about the "Twinks" on TI. It's 100% not the fault of the Player who chooses a Class that Blizzard refuses to balance. It's 100% not the fault of a Player who chooses to farm Consumables, yet they're banned too because most of the community is too fucking lazy to farm them also. So the TI community at large bans things out of the control of Players but has ZERO PROBLEM CHEATING to gain an edge over others using Jump exploits, DDOS attacks during the TC, Lag programs as well as various other Exploits and game Hacks.

I can answer this for you pretty easily. As I have been studying TI for quite some time.
Two factors. Maturity level(not correlated with age) and the herd mentality.
Just stick to your guns and you too may become like me. " The most hated person on TI "

Do 70 bgs even pop =), and if yes, what BG should i queue for it to pop?

There aren't enough 70 twinks, at least on horde side, to have BG pops, and because there's no BG pops people don't make lvl70 twinks.

Basically there just needs to be an influx of maybe 10-15 active players so BGs will pop, and from there on we might see more people joining.

As for OP: I have no idea what you're talking about unless you specifically mean the tournaments Healium is trying to set up, in which case you could've just asked in his threads. You're free to play w/e you want in Skirmishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 100% not the fault of the Player who chooses a Class that Blizzard refuses to balance. It's 100% not the fault of a Player who chooses to farm Consumables, yet they're banned too because most of the community is too fucking lazy to farm them also.

About consumables, yes. You can go, you can farm them. But, there is one objection i can give. Allowing Consumables to do the trick for you, means you will not have a better time when you are NOT using them, this means, being in a 10v10 wargame. You will try to pop that Swiftness Potion, but you cannot. Using a swiftness potion, just means this for me "I have completely been outplayed, and now i tend to use a consumable to save me". With this, i truly tell you there is no way of getting better with a consumable. No. It is in my experience. I have felt this. In MoP Swiftness Potion was the most used item for me. "The Most". WoD happened. I didn't use it, boom. Dead, throw game 1, throw game 2.... game 20. Then get into it, think every move. Outplay even that swiftness potion. Boom! I can say i am on that level i never expected myself to be. I still do use the item, but only when someone else uses it, against me.

" The most hated person on TI "

I take no part in that, for sure. ^

About consumables, yes. You can go, you can farm them. But, there is one objection i can give. Allowing Consumables to do the trick for you, means you will not have a better time when you are NOT using them, this means, being in a 10v10 wargame. You will try to pop that Swiftness Potion, but you cannot. Using a swiftness potion, just means this for me "I have completely been outplayed, and now i tend to use a consumable to save me". With this, i truly tell you there is no way of getting better with a consumable. No. It is in my experience. I have felt this. In MoP Swiftness Potion was the most used item for me. "The Most". WoD happened. I didn't use it, boom. Dead, throw game 1, throw game 2.... game 20. Then get into it, think every move. Outplay even that swiftness potion. Boom! I can say i am on that level i never expected myself to be. I still do use the item, but only when someone else uses it, against me. I take no part in that, for sure. ^
The notion that one doesn't use tools available to them because "they're a better person/player without them" is false. In life, if you were a real actual Hunter trying to feed your family/village you would take with you every possible tool in your arsenal to give you the best possible chance to bring home food. No Hunter ever said "I don't really need this weapon, I'm sure a Deer will just drop dead at my feet so I can feed my family". What is more accurate is that some people feel that those who overachieve (farm consumables, get their Character to BiS Gear/Enchants/etc) have an unfair advantage over the common pleb in PvP. There in lies the problem. You have group A who uses every possible tool available to them to succeed and group B who complains about group A using every possible tool available to them to succeed because group B is either too lazy, too incompetent, or down right too indifferent to use those tools.

It's been brought up repeatedly, as the main excuse why Consumables are banned, that it's too expensive and too time consuming to farm/use them. That excuse proves my point, that group B doesn't want to have to work at succeeding so they require group A to "dumb down" to their level so it's considered "fair".

The EXACT same excuse is used in end game Raiding, only there it's group A that makes the rules. You have MANY Players that don't want to Flask/Food up and use Pots during burn phases because they think they shouldn't have to in order to kill said Boss. And those Players are quickly removed from Raid or forced to use consumables. The only difference in BG's from Raiding is that you are fighting other Players instead of scripted NPC encounters. You should ALWAYS want to perform at your best, and anyone not using consumables is NOT performing at their best. Alas, the point is moot because the underachievers and common plebs rule in BG's.
Just stick to your guns and you too may become like me. " The most hated person on TI "
I can assure you that I am faar more hated than you are on TI if for nothing else my very vocal stance on 10's.

some people feel that those who overachieve (farm consumables, get their Character to BiS Gear/Enchants/etc) have an unfair advantage over the common pleb in PvP. There in lies the problem. You have group A who uses every possible tool available to them to succeed and group B who complains about group A using every possible tool available to them to succeed because group B is either too lazy, too incompetent, or down right too indifferent to use those tools.
qft

Here is a perfect example relevant to this bracket: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f28/scaling-gear-69212/
edit: Just realized you took part in the discussion in that thread and thus probably already read it. Oh well.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Its was the answer I expected. Guess Ill wait for the day when more people return to the bracket and then play my Druid. Until then I guess I can always play one of the other 6 I have lol

Cheers

Sickness

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Its was the answer I expected. Guess Ill wait for the day when more people return to the bracket and then play my Druid. Until then I guess I can always play one of the other 6 I have lol

Cheers

Sickness
A feral leaving feelsbadman

Hi all,

Cheers

Sickness
I'm curious though, do you realize that ferals are only banned from a single tournament that is being hosted by a single guy, or are you still under the impression that they're banned in general?

What the fuck do you mean they're banned?

I logged in my 70 druid like two weeks ago and could still play it !?!?!?

Anyway it's completely retarded to ban certain classes from a tournament while the people who play in this tournament were all playing double tazik rogue three years (or whatever was the lamest at whatever time, we've all been FOTM one month) ago when you could get rating, which was "more important" than a friendly tournament.

Hi ,

I was under the impression that nobody would allow ferals, as in tournys, guilds etc. Glad to hear its a limited group that does that. Time to dust off my feral

Cheers

Sickness

Users who are viewing this thread