Whos not making a Panda?

Syphílis @ The Venture Co - Community - World of Warcraft

^

Made a panda just to experience the first quest area. Turned him to a semi twink and picked up magicians mantle and 9/12 agm before realizing the animations made me want to vomit.

Could have been influenced by your "xmog" too. I actually like most of the panda animations, they're very fluid. But I could see those animations combined with that getup triggering some form of latent epilepsy.

Could have been influenced by your "xmog" too. I actually like most of the panda animations, they're very fluid. But I could see those animations combined with that getup triggering some form of latent epilepsy.
I support this theory.

I mean, you didn't realize this until you hit 20 and started gearing, sound fishy to me, yo :O

I support this theory.

I mean, you didn't realize this until you hit 20 and started gearing, sound fishy to me, yo :O

Well to be honest i hate alliance que times so figured id make a replacement shaman horde side while checking out the new race. Apparently hitting 2 birds with one stone wasn't a good idea. And as to the question of xmog that had no effect, im simply talking about casting animation, emotes heck even them running *remembers the horrors and shutters* I'm not a fan of the male panda and think the females look and feel even worst, but to each his own i suppose....

I do actually like that the fact from the males at least they seem to be more lively and have a more fluid feel. I remember something long ago about blizzard saying they needed to upgrade the previous races because the panda seems much more life-like while the previous races are a bit outdated.

TLDR: Its not the looks its the animations. For example I think Worgens look fine but there casting animations on the males make me want to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Syphílis @ The Venture Co - Community - World of Warcraft

^

Made a panda just to experience the first quest area. Turned him to a semi twink and picked up magicians mantle and 9/12 agm before realizing the animations made me want to vomit.

'Yea I just picked up a magicians mantle like its no big deal. Really the magicians mantle found me, cause ima boss'

You getting the magicians mantle so quick wants to make ME vomit....

'Yea I just picked up a magicians mantle like its no big deal. Really the magicians mantle found me, cause ima boss'

You getting the magicians mantle so quick wants to make ME vomit....

You have to remember I've gotten it on almost all my twink which are casters not to mention 26+ AGMS between my toons. Yea that was one instance but you have to take into account my other toons and that time. Don't be a hater congratulate people, my drop rate or happiness or w/e doesn't negatively effect you.

And for my panda these were the looks I was going for :
WoWScrnShot_100112_125419.jpg

WoWScrnShot_100112_125354.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a mage last night, and managed to get to level 6, but it's even more painful to level in WoW than it was before, after having played GW2. I'd have thought they'd put more effort into making the Pandaren starting area interesting, but besides looking nice (for WoW) it's still just a hugely boring grind, made even more boring thanks to the pitiful number of abilities you're given. I'm really just sick of every fight involving little more than spamming frostfire bolts, with the occasional fireblast thrown in.

To compare, I've got a level 6 guardian in GW2, that has 15 unique abilities, with just the skills for greatsword, 1h mace and shield unlocked (I didn't count the basic attacks on the weapons I have yet to fully unlock in that 15, as a lot of them are pretty similar. If I'd made use of more weapons in the time I've played, I'd have even more abilities).

Add to the lack of abilities the fact that I can't move while casting, and can't dodge attacks, or the complete lack of any challenge at all to the game's quests, and WoW is just really dull. Meanwhile some of the dynamic events in GW2 have been challenging enough that I've died several times levelling to 6 (along with everyone else attempting the event, several times over in one case).

Made a mage last night, and managed to get to level 6, but it's even more painful to level in WoW than it was before, after having played GW2. I'd have thought they'd put more effort into making the Pandaren starting area interesting, but besides looking nice (for WoW) it's still just a hugely boring grind, made even more boring thanks to the pitiful number of abilities you're given. I'm really just sick of every fight involving little more than spamming frostfire bolts, with the occasional fireblast thrown in.

To compare, I've got a level 6 guardian in GW2, that has 15 unique abilities, with just the skills for greatsword, 1h mace and shield unlocked (I didn't count the basic attacks on the weapons I have yet to fully unlock in that 15, as a lot of them are pretty similar. If I'd made use of more weapons in the time I've played, I'd have even more abilities).

Add to the lack of abilities the fact that I can't move while casting, and can't dodge attacks, or the complete lack of any challenge at all to the game's quests, and WoW is just really dull. Meanwhile some of the dynamic events in GW2 have been challenging enough that I've died several times levelling to 6 (along with everyone else attempting the event, several times over in one case).

Yeah you are so right! And GW2 is totally relevant to this thread,since they are both the 2 exact games! thanks for the heads up!

You have to remember I've gotten it on almost all my twink which are casters not to mention 26+ AGMS between my toons. Yea that was one instance but you have to take into account my other toons and that time. Don't be a hater congratulate people, my drop rate or happiness or w/e doesn't negatively effect you.

Sorry, i didn't mean to sound like i was attacking you, im just cursing my bad luck in an attempt at sarcasm that failed :p

And i like the yellow panda

Well to be honest i hate alliance que times so figured id make a replacement shaman horde side while checking out the new race. Apparently hitting 2 birds with one stone wasn't a good idea.

2x well fed (6 stam and spirit)=12 stam and 12 spirit (which is 12 hit for ele shamans). Panda is BiS ele shaman for horde imo

Monks aren't that great anyways they are more of a support DPS, and thier healing spec has to channel healing spells which can easily be interrupted. Rogues hit harder than monks by far.

I understand that they arent that great, but I play classes cause of the fun i get out of it, not because they are strong or not. Would it be worth it to make a lvl 20 P2P monk? of course with F2P gear/enchant.

I understand that they arent that great, but I play classes cause of the fun i get out of it, not because they are strong or not. Would it be worth it to make a lvl 20 P2P monk? of course with F2P gear/enchant.

I'd love to see that, and encourage that, as an f2p player.

Some hardcores won't like that you're doing something they can't, but others will see it as a loud and clear message that you wanted an even, respectable playing field despite being p2p.

You'd have my support 100%

Users who are viewing this thread