Which professions do you prefer for your 60 twinks?

Vaxyo

Legend
Hi people,

I'm looking for some input from my fellow twinkers as to what kind of professions you like to have at level 60, specifically crafting professions with a non-GF'd maximum skill cap of 375, as my new 60 Monk project needs a set of primary professions.

For my Warrior I've prefered Mining for the stamina bonus and Enchanting for the ring enchants, but with the recent scaling on Herbalism and Mining perks, I'm at a bit of a loss as to which professions might be interesting at 60.

Adding to that, we know now that there will be "no direct combat benefits to professions" in Warlords.

I will probably also pick up Enchanting for my Monk, but what about the 2nd profession?

(I will not be a Gnome at any point, so the racial engineering bonus is out of my reach)

Thanks!

I think engineering is great choice at this moment:

Goblin Rocket Launcher - Item - World of Warcraft
and many other things + bombs.

So you get additional stun abilities and many other items that can be somehow usefull and fun. I preferred gathering proffs before scaling, but now eng is clearly great choice.

I'm not reading news about WoD, so dont know whats going to be better in 6.x.x

Engineering is always a safe bet. I also personally enjoy Alchemy, since it's one of the more useful professions if you want to steer clear of the gathering ones. While giving a boost to elixirs and granting access to the epic +15 all stats trinket (lessens the negative impact battle fatigue has on healing potions), it also gives you the means to make various useful pots (such as swiftness potions or elixirs for lower level alts), which can come in handy if you don't already have an alchemist on a realm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have leatherworking and engineering, I have no idea if they are good but when I made my twink back in WoTLK I thought they were solid choices.

I would think Engineering would be best for the trinkets and helmet and probably mining for stam (if prot pally or warrior)

This question was "like to have" not must have.

I LIKE to have Blacksmithing and Mining, but Blacksmithing only has garbage left since everything has been removed from it and I cba leveling mining so I'm stuck with no professions.

I play pure 60 twink which means I only have 300 in professions. So im using mining / blacksmith on my warrior
and enchanting / mining on my shaman.

I actually still prefer Alchemy for casters since with Flask of Distilled wisdom perking up to 89 intellect, that's a lot of extra spell power to burst someone down. And another would be enchanting for the 40 intellect wizard oil.

But of course, that's all me. Everyone might prefer the engineering stuff over the others.

Users who are viewing this thread