Which one takes more skill: Battlegrounds or Arena?

Neon

washed f2p tink
titles says it

opinions are opinions

friendly discussion

no trolls

explain ur reasoning

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion - Arenas takes more skill in that is it less forgiving when a mistake is made.

Missing one cc, a heal, popping a trinket too early, not using a sw to get out of polymorph :cool:. etc = a loss

while in bgs it is more forgiving : you die , you rez and you have a better oppurtunity to correct that mistake.

no poll?

Which one takes more skill

arenas ofc since nothing takes more skill then being p2p or roll spin tn agg premade and roll against pugs.
money = skill

Last edited by a moderator:
Arena is quite wide as a term, blizzard always said they wanted to get rid of the 2v2 format because it's clearly not balanced and that in each season some comps massively dominated that bracket. They kept it because it's the most popular one (takes way less effort than building than a 3v3 or 5v5).

I don't know which between arena or BG takes more skills but BG also includes a strategic element which is the map, plus it requires effort from more players. More players means more possible error made.

define skills, arena vs bg, and you might just find your answer

one is trying to perform in a group setting(comp), the other is synergy reliant

I'd say its so comp dependant that you cant rlly argue that one takes more skill than the other, its the same skills, utilized in different ways, now how are you goin to measure the amount of said skill, correctly anyway ?

its all gonna be opinion vs opinion, so asking for no trolls is biggest joke on TI 2k14

dumb thread is dumb

Well both settings have PuGs and competitive play.

Skirmishes are more difficult and less forgiving than random battlegrounds.

Rated Arenas are less intensive (in most cases) than Rated Battlegrounds.

The Rated case for each is definitely closer in terms of skill than the PuG case for each.

It's kind of a difficult call. To succeed in Arenas, your margin of error and coordination have to be on point. But in battlegrounds (at least the Rated variety), your shot calling has to be on point - and the way people follow that call based off of their PvP skill and knowledge of class mechanics is very skillful. Arenas have a fairly linear goal, whereas Rated Battlegrounds features two teams actively trying to complete a complex objective.

In my opinion - Arenas takes more skill in that is it less forgiving when a mistake is made.

Missing one cc, a heal, popping a trinket too early, not using a sw to get out of polymorph :cool:. etc = a loss

while in bgs it is more forgiving : you die , you rez and you have a better oppurtunity to correct that mistake.

This is exactly how I think about it as well.

comparing apples and oranges.

When asking a question of fruit comparison, comparing apples to oranges is totally legitimate.

Arenas. Timing, CC and LoS is much more important while in bgs the team with more fotm class wins, most of the time, not always, but most of the time.

in bgs the team with more fotm class wins, most of the time, not always, but most of the time.

True for Arenas as well.

It is easier to get lost in the crowd and faceroll in a BG situation without drawing attention or killing your team's chances. In an arena where the team is made up of 2-3 it is not as easy to do this.

BGs require all the same skills as arenas, but also add objectives outside of just killing the opponent.

So to be great, I say BGs take more skill. But arenas take a higher skill level too just be good or even mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread