Which classes can solo dungeons (ranked)

Not sure if anyone even still visits or monitors this board (doesn’t really look like any board gets activity other than 20s), but wanted to see if anyone’s still here.

I recently became interested in soloing dungeons... moreso on a level 10 than anything. That said, I know next to nothing about level 10s, how they work/scale/fare in dungeons, etc. Sounds like it’s possible to solo on Prot Pally and Hunter maybe... is it possible to do this on any other class/specs?

Also, is there any easy-to-obtain gear that makes it easier or more gimmicky that allows you to cheese certain parts more effectively?

Thanks for any help!
Warrior cannot on any of their specs, not even with 22 arti weapon.

Maybe GF'd ones can, but what would be the point of that?
[doublepost=1610587465,1610587377][/doublepost]
They have Victory Rush for on-demand heals every time you kill a mob, Shield Block to reduce damage, Execute, and can have Whirlwind for AoE.

Rage generation is slow at level 10, no Ignore Pain, victory rush requires you to kill mobs (inapplicable on bosses) mediocre mobility (charge is good, kiting is abysmal) and whirlwind has crap scaling.

Additionally, shield block requires weapon switching mid combat, or giving up Mortal Strike (you *can* do fury with sword and board but it isn't any good either)

10s > 20s for dungeons and it's not even close. Some 20s can't even solo dungeons while I'm still pulling entire trashpacks all the way to the boss.

10s are still insane in dungeons. The only reason to say they're not is if you were around for the pre-patch madness. Obviously, compared to that, we're not as strong.

If I can run a dungeon that a guildie needs, they usually ask me to queue with them. lol
What spec(s) do you play for soloing dungeons or helping your guildies?

I personally haven't tried Fury with Shield but can say even VERY well geared 10 Warrior isn't great for solo Dungeons. It can be done but other Classes are superior.

@ohti is correct about HPriest. You just Bubble and Tab-target SWP and watch every thing die.

I personally haven't tried Fury with Shield but can say even VERY well geared 10 Warrior isn't great for solo Dungeons. It can be done but other Classes are superior.

@ohti is correct about HPriest. You just Bubble and Tab-target SWP and watch every thing die.
Why is Holy superior to Disc?

@Zemmix The problem with Guardian at 10 is Blizz took pretty much all the Abilities away that make it any good. There's zero AOE so you're killing things 1 by 1. Resto isn't a bad spec perse, just going to take you forever to solo a Dungeon as ANY Druid spec at 10.
Been a hot minuet since I've played druid at any lower levels, but that does sound pretty brutal and ineffective. Especially when you have the alternatives for better lower level tank specs. =/

This is a really stupid question, but a legitimate hurdle to me wanting to try this...

If you want to solo a dungeon, do you literally have to ride at 60% mount speed to every entrance, or is there a quicker way to do it? Obviously you could queue and the four people you’re grouped with in a dungeon could drop, but there’s absolutely no way you’d convince people to drop group just so you could fiddle around by yourself and that just seems like an awkward approach anyway.

It just seems miserable to have to travel the world on the slowest mount to get to dungeon entrances!

@Zorch unfortunately yes. I'm uncertain if the old Garrison-Hearth trick works still and for lower Levels. But even if it does, it only helps you easily get back to the beginning of the Dungeon you're in, not to other ones.

Don't pets scale to their master, like more HP/dmg/stats the better gear you wear? I was thinking Warlock could be reasonable, but are voidwalkers really as bad as people say here? And what about Felguards? (nevermind, I see Felguard is only available at 12 now)

And hunter pets, I assume ferocity's 10% leech makes them vastly superior?

Felguard even at level 20 is squishy as hell, honestly... I was shocked how quickly their health goes down.

Warlock pets are the worst, theyre mostly used for pve enemies or geing ganked by normal mobs. But in actual dungeons/tanking situations.....its a massacre.

Users who are viewing this thread