Where is the option to delete a XPOFF account?

Hello, I want know where or how a user can delete his account and his data/related information.

Why so you can go through the same cycle of threads in a few months?
1683574573425.png

As a curious user, I cant know how delete a account? Or if I want delete my account I cant do it?

As a curious user, I cant know how delete a account? Or if I want delete my account I cant do it?
Well the answer is no, they don't simply delete accounts. The easier solution would be to just not log in.

Well the answer is no, they don't simply delete accounts. The easier solution would be to just not log in.
So this is a service they dont control? who is the real admin of this forum third party company?

Information about this is not in the forum, or in the configuration of the user account. How a user can get information about this?

When the Terms and Rules page has "If you wish to close your account, please contact us." But the contact us link goes to the same Terms and Rules page... PepeLaugh

Get in freaking line, Nko, we're still waiting for them to add the lists button to the editor, as well as fixing the messed up "OP" text in the avatar's upper left corner. :KEKW:

GDPR violation? Time for xpoff mods to hire a governance, risk and compliance officer for $150-200k salary...

*exhales*
I'm upset ya'll are making me do this...

*puts on professional hat*

Having worked with GDPR at a few previous companies... if you are a citizen of the EU you have the right to erasure. The information you have the right to request to be removed is any PII or identifying information about said individual. The only real identifying information we even collect on xpoff is your email, which is arguably not even considered identifying information.

We will work on an actual "process" for those that are EU that want their data erased but for now follow there isn't anything for you to really do but remove any info you don't want shared that you supplied in your account settings page and just stop logging in.

*removes hat and burns it*

But the contact us link goes to the same Terms and Rules page
That's a new one, thanks.
lists button to the editor
totally forgot about this
messed up "OP" text
I keep forgetting because its maybe a dozen hardly noticeable pixels that don't change the functionality of the site.

Could always ask a mod about banning yourself since I see them do that every now and again.

You can keep your guns, we get to erase data :ez:
with the nwo coming up soon … ya gotta hope that’s still a thing.

Woah there.

Anyways. The way we've handled before, and how we'll continue to handle situations/requests like those is:
You may DM me or any other Admin to request a permanent closure of your account. You may even request having it renamed if you ask nicely about it. As for full blown deletions: The way I see it, this is an honor that's earnt. You may, of course petition for one regardless, but chances are we'll reject it and offer you our aforementioned fallback instead. This is something we'll decide on a case-by-case basis.

Oh and, one last thing: Being an ass about any of this will just reduce your odds of us granting you any of said honors. You reap what you sow, yadda dadda.

Nice. I haven't logged into this account for years and read this. OP delete what you can and log off. Simple as that. Stop crying and thinking you are special!

Users who are viewing this thread