Where are good places to farm demons during invasions?

Calligraphy

Veteran
I'm probably going to be resubbing soon (still have delusions of getting the rocket), and will probably be making a toon to farm invasions for drops for my other characters. Since the only real source for some BOE relics are invasion spawns and lockboxes, I'll be focusing on those first.

So since I'll be farming demons until my hands fall off, I'm wondering where are the best places to find concentrations of them. Ideally in places where there won't be too much competition from people trying to complete the objectives.

Roof on Black Rook Hold, Val'Sharah - which is the second part of the World Quest - Nearly instant spawns.

Where ever you try and farm you will have competition from people doing the objectives, just make sure you're fast and can tag efficiently - imo

I’ll ask a noob question.

is there an understood knowledge that certain boe relic types drop from certain areas/mobs?

ex: say life relics would generally drop in Val’shara and say holy in stormheim?

i apologize if this was a quick wowhead search

Running compilation and stats on relics as I've been mowing down tens of thousands of mobs with other players. :p

All relic types drop during an invasion:
  • Murloc island in stormheim
  • Roof on Black Rook Hold in Val'Sharah
Specific zone mob:
  • Storm - 1) murloc beach in azuna 2) shackle's den south to temple of a thousand lights in azuna
  • Frost - 1) murloc beach in azuna 2) shackle's den south to temple of a thousand lights in azuna
  • Holy - Felskorn in stormheim
  • Blood - Felskorn in stormheim
  • Shadow - grizzleweald imps in Val'shara
  • Life - grizzleweald imps in Val'shara
  • Iron - ? pinerock hunter or mucksnout aggressor in highmountain
  • Fire - ? spellfire oil from mob seawarden largush or duskwatch orbitist in suramar -> suramar ones can't be obtained by any other means but lockbox afaik (https://xpoff.com/threads/7-relics-for-artifact-weapons.94751/page-2). I also tried for a little bit in suramar and none of the mobs had loot sparklies for my level 24.

All relic types drop from lockboxes. Statistics from a couple weeks farming, 80 lockboxes:
  • arcane x5
  • blood x1
  • fel x1
  • fire x1
  • holy x1
  • iron x1
  • life x1
Total number of relics from both normal drops and lockboxes for my two toons: 82

Thanks @Loveto really good stuff!

No problem, gives me something to do while farming. /cry I'm not sure which is worse. This endless green socket / relic farm or 152 dungeon runs (for 3 toons).

At least my next batch of 20's can start almost fully geared with green sockets. Just those darn socket rings are unicorns.

Users who are viewing this thread