When are we going to address the elephant in the 20-29 bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if every BG becomes a polarised mess (every game this weekend has been a disaster, 0 close game on saturday or sunday, keep in mind that not all were alliance victories), then the bracket is, in my opinion, dead.

people don't intend to spend hundreds of hours to gear their toon to be on either end of "a pre-made annihilating a pug".

maybe that is your family guild's intention, if so, ignore this conversation, my original message was directed at guild leaders with vision instead. but keep in mind that if the bracket dies, your guild would be worthless too.

Instead of complaining about premades, why don't you rally the horde side (maybe your guildies) into forming a group to counter these premades?

Premade vs premade games are some of the most fun games and will get you more prepared for wargames (which I think you'd really enjoy as well).

You have the tools to fight this, it's just a matter or whether you will use them.

Brackets been thriving like this for years now. We'll be fine.

each guild leader (or well known twink in general) will have their own definition of "fine".

maybe your values align with the family guild guy above.

my original message was directed at guild leaders with vision instead
You've done nothing for this bracket but intentionally cause drama by ceaselessly trolling the forums attempting to instigate fights with other people.

Maybe cool your shit with trying to tell me how to run my guild so it will better fit your expectations.

Instead of complaining about premades, why don't you rally the horde side (maybe your guildies) into forming a group to counter these premades? Premade vs premade games are some of the most fun games and will get you more prepared for wargames (which I think you'd really enjoy as well). You have the tools to fight this, it's just a matter or whether you will use them.

because i don't want to become part of the problem: the root cause of the problem is pre-mades in a bracket intended for solo queuing. think of solo queue vs flex 5 in LoL.

the whole we play pre-made to beat other pre-mades talk is complete nonsense because when they seperated exp-on and exp-off, the exp-off queue simply do not pop.

twinks are built to "carry" their teams, but because people are so insecure about their ability (they don't want to lose games on their twinks), they group queue to make it fail proof.

You've done nothing for this bracket but intentionally cause drama by ceaselessly trolling the forums attempting to instigate fights with other people.

Maybe cool your shit with trying to tell me how to run my guild so it will better fit your expectations.

i didn't know you had a guild, sorry i stand corrected.

I am pretty cool, i wrote my post after a steamroll by horde, so i am not sure what you are referring to in terms of "trolling" or "instigate fights"?

each guild leader (or well known twink in general) will have their own definition of "fine".

maybe your values align with the family guild guy above.
Consistent queues is everything, as long as we have that, the bracket is alive and well.

20s has always been a casual and mostly unbalanced bracket, and if you don't like that, might I suggest trying something else. I've seen dozens of people try and fail to make 20s something that it isn't. You aren't the first nor will you be the last.

Hell, I'm not entirely happy with the state of the bracket myself, and I've stepped back a bit from how involved I used to be in it. I realize what 20s is and that trying to start any sort of "movement" to change it is just a waste of breath.

this guy reminds me of a fresh hire out of college that thinks he knows how the company he just joined should be run. well-intentioned and naive; will eventually learn there are reasons things are the way they are. i don't prefer to crap on that kind of optimism but geez dial it back some.

my direct advice: be the change you want to see in the world. you won't get it by asking others to.

Last edited:
I realize what it is and that trying to start any sort of "movement" is just a waste of breath.

i see.

this guy reminds me of a fresh hire out of college that thinks he knows how the company he just joined should be run. well-intentioned and naive; will eventually learn there are reasons things are the way they are. i don't prefer to crap on that kind of optimism but geez dial it back some.

what honolos (the best horde side hunter i have seen so far) and condition were doing (i am not sure if you consider those folks "fresh out of college") really moved me, I was actually mad that they were AFK and thought they were sabotaging horde's winning chances on purpose.

but then they started playing when alliance's score was higher than horde's, then it hit me.

because i don't want to become part of the problem: the root cause of the problem is pre-mades in a bracket intended for solo queuing. think of solo queue vs flex 5 in LoL.

the whole we play pre-made to beat other pre-mades talk is complete nonsense because when they seperated exp-on and exp-off, the exp-off queue simply do not pop.

twinks are built to "carry" their teams, but because people are so insecure about their ability (they don't want to lose games on their twinks), they group queue to make it fail proof.

i didn't know you had a guild, sorry i stand corrected.

I am pretty cool, i wrote my post after a steamroll by horde, so i am not sure what you are referring to in terms of "trolling" or "instigate fights"?

So thought experiment here, what happens if you get a bunch of people solo queuing and a random game just so happens to get more twinks on one side than the other? Would you consider this the same issue?

You have to realize you can't control everyone. You can't possibly police how many people are able to queue on each side at any given time to make it so each side has a "magic number". Its impossible to get a perfectly even game even with systems like MMR.

Can you not treat honorlos like some saint? I straight ip posted a ss of them gy farming me in ssm when it was a 2 twink team ( my alliance priest isnt even geared ao more like 1 twink) Not to mention they also harpoonwd up just to try and farm pugs even harder. Not saying honorlo is wrong to do that just he is just as "bad" as others lol

So thought experiment here, what happens if you get a bunch of people solo queuing and a random game just so happens to get more twinks on one side than the other? Would you consider this the same issue?

You have to realize you can't control everyone. You can't possibly police how many people are able to queue on each side at any given time to make it so each side has a "magic number". Its impossible to get a perfectly even game even with systems like MMR.

i am not asking people to solo queue, like you said, I cannot control everyone,

i am suggesting pre-mades on both sides to "tone it down" when they are facing an obvious pug, this is a perfectly reasonable message that leaders can tell their guild members, no?

I pretty much do what he's asking for. I never gyd farm, when the fight's lopsided I generally sit back and watch, try to make things interesting in general with silliness when there's no real match to be fought. still, i think speaking as someone who solo pug queued my whole battlemaster achiev, i have the authority to say expecting others to is a fool's errand.

i am not asking people to solo queue, like you said, I cannot control everyone,

i am suggesting pre-mades on both sides to "tone it down" when they are facing an obvious pug, this is a perfectly reasonable message that leaders can tell their guild members, no?

Again, I dont understand how you cant just group with friends and rally the horde to counter this somehow. Why would you join a guild if you didnt want to play with them?

This game is meant to be played with others. That's the whole point of battlegrounds/the game. It's a multiplayer game for a reason.

I agree with what tence said. If you are not gonna play with others, what's the point of playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game?

after digesting all the replies, i guess what i am doing is like telling people to not roll hunters or use 49 wepaons because those are really OP at this level.

i stand corrected.

i stand corrected.
let me try and help you out here.

If you genuinely *GENUINELY* care about pushing this bracket forward, you need to help Hash increase your membership. You need to run with guild groups and commit to increasing the presence of Horde War Machine (not just Glancelot) in the bracket. You need to build synergy with your guildies. You need to stop solo queing to fluff your own ego and start encouraging group participation.

This bracket will grow if you commit to doing your part to help your small little corner of it flourish, instead of constantly whining about how everyone else is doing it wrong. To paraphrase Voltaire... tend your garden among the chaos. And trust that we'll tend ours.

And also, stop complaining about pugs, after all they're...
iverson.gif

I agree with what tence said. If you are not gonna play with others, what's the point of playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game?

what can i say, i have a lot of friends but i don't like queuing with a group. queuing with 1 other person is fine, anything bigger than 2 is a bit too much.

which is why i have gotten 2200 in 2's, but never got into 3s.

what can i say, i have a lot of friends but i don't like queuing with a group. queuing with 1 other person is fine, anything bigger than 2 is a bit too much.

which is why i have gotten 2200 in 2's, but never got into 3s.

2 people queued together isnt a group? You literally need to make a party (or "group") to be able to play together. I'm so confused lol

You just quit the bg on your teammates - This conversation is really over and you don't deserve the attention you are getting. And yeah your team had 6 twinks on your side and you still bailed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread