What the %$& is Wildstar? Allow me to show you.

Lights

Legend
yxE6pVe.jpg

What's up, guys! My name is Lights (aka Gidget) and today I'm gonna show you the awesome upcoming MMORPG Wildstar.
This is coming from the perspective of a seasoned MMO player and gamer alike - I've played WoW since 2006, Diablo, Guild Wars, Dragon Nest, League of Legends, DotA and a plethora of other online games throughout my endeavours so far.

So you're a WoW player and you're wondering what all the Wildstar hype is about?
Well here's the first thing, Wildstar has been in development for almost a decade (that's almost as long as WoW's entire life!) and it's not by just any devs either, it's a close-knit team of old friends that worked on World of Warcraft in its very early stages through vanilla, so to say, WoW wouldn't be anything like it is today without these guys.

The second thing, Wildstar isn't trying to break the genre, it's not trying anything overly ~new~ and that's what makes it beautiful - it's taken everything we've loved about previous MMOs, it's polished and reiterated on what makes them great things in an online game and it's put its own cowboy/scifi/western theme on top of it (with already over 2000 years of interesting lore prior to the happenings in-game and where you're going in this new world)

The third, the storyline is continuing, upon release (June 3rd) that's only the tip of the iceberg, there's already 13 months of planned content and we already have an amazing amount of lore based around the Eldan, an ancient race that inhabited Nexus and mysteriously disappeared (and our job here is to find out what happened and progress through the storyline!)

Fourth and finally, Wildstar's combat is AMAZING, hands down. It feels like WoW, Tera, Guild Wars and a spin-off of League of Legend's ability system have all met in an engine and made harmony. The game is smooth, fast, reactive and dynamic, and that's not even to mention the insane fight mechanics and movement capabilities that this has been made possible.

w5GtZEI.jpg

Classes and Limited Action Set.

There's six classes in Wildstar - Warrior, Stalker, Engineer, Medic, Esper and Spellslinger, each with their own theme and armory of abilities and weapons, but the coolest thing about Wildstar's classes isn't your class choice per say, it's how you play them. Every class is capable of two roles, that's to say there is still TANK/HEALER/DPS and whatever class you choose, you will always be able to fill two roles based on your loadout (and that's the next thing I'll explain)
Just like any MMO, you gain new abilities and skills as you level, but Wildstar handles this is in a unique way, you have an action bar that has 8 ability slots and you have to choose 8 abilities out of the 30 odd ones you have, you can also allocate points into these chosen abilities to boost their power/add extra effects (kinda similar to Diablo 3's ability system!) and there's also AMPs (think WoW's old stat trees combined with Glyphs), which are like extra stats and extra ability effects (which are all balanced and constantly being monitored, of course)

Raiding, Dungeons, Adventures, Arenas, Battlegrounds, Warplots and other content!

There's a huge amount of content within Wildstar already and it's not even fully released yet, but to just to dot point a few crucial things for every different kind of player.
  • Raiding - 20-man raid available upon level cap with around 3 months of progression needed, followed by a 40-man raid that unlocks (with an attunement first, of course!) upon defeating the 20-man boss.
  • Dungeons and Adventures - 5-man group content, dungeons are located in places within the actual world and are pretty damn hard, Adventures are emulations of places you've already been with a multiple choice/outcome theme and a lot of replayability
  • Arenas and Battlegrounds - Practice and Ranked with attached and visible ratings (and gear/aesthetics and other rewards upon achieving certain ratings!
  • Warplots - Huge 40v40 battlegrounds that are made entirely by the team prior to the match - set up traps, cannons, terrain, troops, anything and face off in a rated and rewarded 40v40 match.
  • Shiphands - Solo dungeon/elite missions that are scattered around the world.
  • Professions, paths, housing as well - which all intertwine and benefit everything else in the game!

Addons, UI and Macros

Wildstar's user interface is completely customisable just like its sister game WoW. Everything can be turned on/off and added via the games addon menu.
The macro system is also a lot like WoW with a full language supporting all sorts of custom macros for abilities/gear switching/etc.
There's already a huge amount of addons on Curse mirroring a lot of WoW's core addons like TinyPlates, Recount and Threat Meter!

Helpful Links and other stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can not stop your XP and you gain easy XP in BGs.
I don't see how it would work.

remember wildstar has ex-blizz devs working for them, pretty sure they did not like twinking along with other devs still working for blizz. they have said more or less it was never intended and should have never happened. WOW got into a situation where twinking got so large, they actually made concessions, xp-off option, arenas, wargames, and RBGs.

if you search twinking wildstar the dev's on their forums have said there will be no xp-off option and that everything gives xp such as kills, mobs, bosses, etc.

the devs also said twinking would be possible, but they would eventually level

remember wildstar has ex-blizz devs working for them, pretty sure they did not like twinking along with other devs still working for blizz. they have said more or less it was never intended and should have never happened. WOW got into a situation where twinking got so large, they actually made concessions, xp-off option, arenas, wargames, and RBGs.

if you search twinking wildstar the dev's on their forums have said there will be no xp-off option and that everything gives xp such as kills, mobs, bosses, etc.

the devs also said twinking would be possible, but they would eventually level

If the current devs didnt like twinking, why would they let us turn out XP Off?

"WOW got into a situation where twinking got so large, they actually made concessions, xp-off option, arenas, wargames, and RBGs. " from my original post

not sure if there is still a pre-CATA wiped archived van-WOW, BC and then into WOTLK you can search, posts and info would be there.. XP off was due to extensive QQ by players claiming unfair advantages, QQ still continued due to BOA geared levelers being the new twinks. brackets were later split due to similiar QQ concerning talents, glyphs, etc. imbalances

in WOTLK blizzard nerfed leg armors, etc, due them being a unfair advantage for players who don't have gold bound mains. funny they brought them back in 5.4 and they scale rather nicely

speaking of brackets, i don't see how they are going to balance 10 level PVP brackets again. blizz seems to go in circles. new devs forget or have no clue what the last devs did

Wildstar is BombDigitty. I love how your able to get back your weapon when your disarmed and the way your able to get out of CCs.

Ive been playing and its good fun =] hard on my shitty gfx card though i pull 25 fps on ultra low

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

HOW TO BE GOOD AT WILDSTAR
1. LOGIN
2. SELECT CHARACTER
3. OPEN CHATBOX
4. TYPE: /eval GameLib.Cheat_MakeMeLevel50()
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread