What is the best races for casters? (retail/10s)

chaoticmind

Royal Member
Im pre making toons so I can stop subbing and im not sure what to pick for casters. Im unsure what there lacking in or what would be the most convenient. So what do you guys think of my choices below ? Right choices or wrong choices?

Mage : Alliance] Void Elf? (casting racial) Horde Troll (hp regen) or maybe Goblin (haste racial) ????? im super unsure here

Priest : Alliance Void Elf? (casting racial) Horde Troll (hp regen) or maybe Goblin (haste racial) ????? im super unsure here

Warlock : Alliance Draenei? (heal racial) Horde Vulperia? (heal racial)

Shaman Alliance Void Elf? (casting racial) impossible Draenei? (heal racial)? Horde Troll (hp regen) or maybe Goblin (haste racial) ????? im super unsure here

Last edited:
Make them all. They all have their ups and downs. Mage cant heal, but nasty AoE. Priest can heal and AoE but the damage is less. Warlock damage is really good but cant do it on the move like the other 2. Shaman hits like a truck but also lacks the ability to do that while moving. I have all 4 listed in my signature below. EDIT. Im tired and its been a long day. Overlooked where you said races, lol.

Last edited:
Make them all. They all have their ups and downs. Mage cant heal, but nasty AoE. Priest can heal and AoE but the damage is less. Warlock damage is really good but cant do it on the move like the other 2. Shaman hits like a truck but also lacks the ability to do that while moving. I have all 4 listed in my signature below. EDIT. Im tired and its been a long day. Overlooked where you said races, lol.
Pretty useful info either way. So now im pretty confident in these choices below all but the shaman anyway

Mage : Alliance Draenei (heal racial) Horde Vulperia (heal racial) cuz heals lacking

Priest : Alliance Void Elf (casting racial) Goblin (haste racial) not really lacking in heals so boosting casting times seems solid enough

Warlock : Alliance Draenei (heal racial) Horde Vulperia (heal racial) extra heals cuz you drain hp to go fast with talent and ill prob end up using frag belt for added aoe

Shaman Alliance Draenei? (heal racial)? Horde Troll (hp regen) or maybe Goblin (haste racial) ????? im still super unsure here

Im considering doing a dark iron dwarf for my alliance shaman. Just cuz I dont have 1 on a lower lvl to port myself and maybe a friend sometimes. But horde shaman im totally lost for what to do.

Im considering doing a dark iron dwarf for my alliance shaman. Just cuz I dont have 1 on a lower lvl to port myself and maybe a friend sometimes. But horde shaman im totally lost for what to do.
Goblin is great for the Rocket Jump || Rocket Barrage, as well as nifty things like bank access / vendor discounts / haste buff. Pandaren are also a good choice because you can double your well-fed buffs.

if you are looking at peak performance in PVE look to MDI teams. last time i saw the results of a competition top two teams were alliance, composed of three races. NE, Dark iron and regular dwarves.

haven't checked out current AWC, one from 2023 top two teams i believe were HU, NE, forgot which sham classes were used. one of the teams btw plays year round as horde but when money is on the line they were alliance on the tourney realm

trolls you get for the haste trinket racial with a long CD. HP reg in combat is not noticeable
UD with touch of the grave is more noticeable with HP gained, this racial is like a LS enchant racial, damages and heals
ZA trolls you pick and can change your racials which are ones that other horde races have
Mechgnomes have a stat ramp up in combat
vulpera bag CD is long

Users who are viewing this thread