What is a twink to you?

A twink is an alternative endgame for people who like to pvp but don't want to regear every 3 months.

I tried explaining that to a random leveler the other day while I was downscaling an undergeared 120 to 119s. There's no reason for me to spend the time to fully gear a 120 this late in the expansion. He called me a dumb cunt, so I swapped factions and ate his insignia.

What is a twink to you?
giphy.gif

what is your idea of a twink?
a twink is any character that has been helped by another that is higher level, imho.
the beauty of this simple definition is that you can even measure 'twinkness' if you talk about achievements, e.g. i have 6000 achievement points of which about 300 is due to my high-level friend's help (i really wanted that 'universal explorer' title, sorry). so, i consider myself 95% 'pure solo f2p' and 5% 'twink'.

Last edited:
My idea of a typical twink?

Someone who backpedals, blows cooldowns inappropriately, thinks KB scores means they are doing well, needs to be cajoled to get out of mid, relies on gear over skill and loves playing the most OP class.

My idea of a typical twink?

Someone who backpedals, blows cooldowns inappropriately, thinks KB scores means they are doing well, needs to be cajoled to get out of mid, relies on gear over skill and loves playing the most OP class.
Well stop playing like that

A Twink is a Character with items/Achievements/etc that they shouldn't be normally capable of obtaining without a tremendous amount of effort and time. Think of them as a fully BiS Raid Geared Toon, no expense spared, but at a Character Level lower than what the Game deems appropriate for said Level.

I don’t consider myself a twink nor do I want to be. What I am And want to be is a killing blow machine that’s drops everyone with 2 Aimed shots and maybe crow.

that guy is scary to me in a bg. You always need a few guys to make a mess of things.

I'm sorry did I just read this correctly? are my eyes deceiving me or are you playing some sick twisted discriminatory bigoted racist joke on me?

are you implying that politically aligning with the ideology of communism is something negative? something to be ashamed of? something to be frowned upon? something derogatory? because to be frank with you that's what it seems that you're doing and even though political discrmination isn't as common as racial, religious and sexual orientation discrimination, i'm here to shed light on your bigoted behavior and absolutely uncalled for hateful rhetoric that you're promoting in your post

I know this takes a lot of courage for me to do and I feel like a martyr right now but I'm going to be brave and mentally strong for every xpoff user that might feel the way I feel but they do not have a strong enough voice to stand up to bullies like you. Yes, I AM A COMMUNIST. I am a proud supporter of the ideology of communism and I will never be scared to admit it. I will TYPE IT, I will SCREAM IT, I will YELL IT, I will DECLARE IT everywhere that communism runs deeply in my veins and makes my heart beat every single second of the day. There's nothing that a bully like you can do to me to silence me, censor me, discourage me and beat me down to my knees. I AM PROUD FOR WHO I AM AND I WILL NOT LET YOU BRING ME DOWN.

¡Viva la Revolución!
black listed. i called senator mcarthys office as well. pack your bags comrade.

a twink is any character that has been helped by another that is higher level, imho.
the beauty of this simple definition is that you can even measure 'twinkness' if you talk about achievements, e.g. i have 6000 achievement points of which about 300 is due to my high-level friend's help (i really wanted that 'universal explorer' title, sorry). so, i consider myself 95% 'pure solo f2p' and 5% 'twink'.

Project 60, 70, 80, 85, etc etc all do it on their own with players their levels. Twinks aren't always carried. But 95% of the time they are carried.

Hmmm, good question.

A Twink to me...

Is a beautiful, smooth, young boy...

Who plays World Of Warcraft...

At a much lower level than most...

(Just a joke).

<3 xx.

Last edited:
As a twink ive found myself having to regear every 3 months, i personally couldnt consider the 20 bracket twinking either because its just endgame for broke people. Twinking died with the creation of the XP off bracket. The truest form of twinking is whats going on classic. Constant prem v prem of min maxxed 19s or min maxxed farming low levels who qued without realizing what theyre queing into. Anything in retail after wrath shouldnt be considered twinking. You stopped your xp, thats your endgame and you treat it as so.

It's like a hot rod you keep in the garage and tune up every now and then. You pop in on the weekends, peek under the hood, maybe have an idea of how to get a couple more horsepower out of that engine.

Then you start working on another car and boy howdy, this one's a beaut. Your friends come by and help you work on it, maybe you all go for a drive and see how she runs.

Next thing you know your yard is full of cars, your house reeks of cat litter, and you haven't showered in a week. But when you're out on that open road and she hits 180 everything else just fades away...

what is your idea of a twink?

my idea of twinks is a little different from most twinks .. i just like to have that superior feeling in the battleground lolol .. started to play my 101 hunters yesterday .. i have 8 of them lining up, clearing all my 101 epic boes, they will be useless in SL .. to play before the game undergoes level squished .. i will also play my few bDKs and ret pallys, 2 mages and a druid .. i think i have only 2 weeks or less to go, if they dont squished it this coming tuesday or next tuesday

101BG2020.jpg

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/nagrand/cælëstråsz

my idea of twinks is a little different from most twinks .. i just like to have that superior feeling in the battleground lolol .. started to play my 101 hunters yesterday .. i have 8 of them lining up, clearing all my 101 epic boes, they will be useless in SL .. to play before the game undergoes level squished .. i will also play my few bDKs and ret pallys, 2 mages and a druid .. i think i have only 2 weeks or less to go, if they dont squished it this coming tuesday or next tuesday

View attachment 16734

You could use the 95% trick to play many more games too.

View attachment 16734

Huh? Don’t we need have another month to play them?

Users who are viewing this thread