What gear for 109?

It might not be that bad, could just be landing below the percentage threshold. Not worrying about it tho, cuz I cant do anything but cross my fingers and hope it drops. Like you said, figure it out after. Lots to do to be safe.
[doublepost=1549252054,1549249423][/doublepost]Worth noting.... on the PTR BoA gear is now 163 ilvl at level 109. Better than the SoO shoulders if you want crit or haste.

Same with the legs, assuming crit and haste are secondaries you can live with. Better in every way.

(I guess the 3 socket shoulders or legs might be ok, was looking at my hunter.)
[doublepost=1549310521][/doublepost]Triple proc bracer dropped today, so it's available at least... hope we get another week.

nrgopWd.png

so I'm moving my 99 DK to 109, for no other than queue time. My question is... Is it SoO or WoD HC gear. I know 101 epics are bis and if they turn up on the ah I'll buy them, but farming them would cause me to break stuff :cool:. Anyone?

I know 101 epics are bis

Not always, depends on what you want. WoD heroic is BiS in some slots due to enchants, for raw STR SoO can be.

WoD is a crap shoot tho, only able to run each once a day and no guarantee of a good proc. BoA armor looks to be going to 163 at level 109 and can be enchanted, so it's looking better than almost all alternatives for many classes.

If you value secondary stats, the highest BoE might be the best option for some slots too... it's all relative.

My advice would be to run some heroics as often as you can before patch day and then sort out what you have. 109 breezes right through them solo, 108 and lower is quite difficult. Right now, sockets are better than epic procs.

edit- saying, they scale weird. Heroic blues are 152 on the PTR and epics are 154. So the epics aren't much better.

Last edited:
Not always, depends on what you want. WoD heroic is BiS in some slots due to enchants, for raw STR SoO can be.

WoD is a crap shoot tho, only able to run each once a day and no guarantee of a good proc. BoA armor looks to be going to 163 at level 109 and can be enchanted, so it's looking better than almost all alternatives for many classes.

If you value secondary stats, the highest BoE might be the best option for some slots too... it's all relative.

My advice would be to run some heroics as often as you can until patch day and then sort out what you have. 109 breezes right through them solo, 108 and lower is quite difficult. Right now, sockets are better than epic procs. Hope for all 3.

edit- saying, they scale weird. Heroic blues are 152 on the PTR and epics are 154. So the epics aren't much better.
So run HCs till patch, pray to the AH gods. Already have most SoO gear.

Thanks for the help

legion BoE?

They go pretty high. I have a 209 helm I haven't equipped yet for my warrior.

edit- on the PTR, BoA are up to ilvl 163 at 109. Basically same as lowest BoE and can take all enchants. If the secondary stats on one is what you're after, most likely BiS for many slots. Tertiary and socket procs can be more useful tho, too.

Last edited:
They go pretty high. I have a 209 helm I haven't equipped yet for my warrior.

edit- on the PTR, BoA are up to ilvl 163 at 109. Basically same as lowest BoE and can take all enchants. If the secondary stats on one is what you're after, most likely BiS for many slots. Tertiary and socket procs can be more useful tho, too.
has to be the level 101 required ones right? the ones looted by higher level toons scale down in power as they go up in level

the ones looted by higher level toons scale down in power as they go up in level

I think the ones looted by 110+ are the ones you're talking about, I've seen 101 level BoE that are only like 153, which is around actual 101 epic level (like if you proc an epic quest reward on a 101). Have you ever seen a 110 required https://www.wowhead.com/item=141577/fists-of-thane-kray-tan ? There's 101 BoE, and there's BoE looted by 101. As they go up in required level they just follow the epic ilvl parameters for whatever level found, I think. I've never seen anything 98-109 higher than 164 that's not 101.

But yes, the ones you're looking for higher than 164 will only be 101 required. You wont see a 109 required 200 ilvl.

Last edited:
Think I'm just gonna be happy being well geared in this bracket... You're never gonna get all this stuff on one server.

I don't even think there's all that much difference, to be honest. The thing about the WoD pieces is they are changing on patch day and until (if) they ever up the max level allowed for those enchants, will be grandfathered.

By the way, a 101 can earn wakening essences doing Legion invasions or missions and buy the legendary of his or her choice directly from the vendor. I did on my 101.

a 101 can earn wakening essences doing Legion invasions

Yeah, I got like 150 using invasions to level from 99 to 109. It'll take a while, but it's way better than random BoA tokens.

The same WoD dungeon gear works for 101, no difference... really no reason to level anymore that I can see. Same 4 dungeons in legion, right? Didn't there used to be 5 you could run? I could have sworn Black Rook Hold was 105 to enter.

(edit- no reason to level past 101 if you can get run for WoD gear. 109 just blazes thru it solo...)

By the way, a 101 can earn wakening essences doing Legion invasions or missions and buy the legendary of his or her choice directly from the vendor. I did on my 101.
wow that will take ages .. you should use a lvl110-120 to do it, because there are class hall missions that gives 250 essence .. all my essences comes from the higher lvl toons and send it to my 101, yes you can do it on your 101, but it will take up so much of your playing time just farming them in 10s or 20s from the tiny quests littered over broken

wow that will take ages .. you should use a lvl110-120 to do it, because there are class hall missions that gives 250 essence .. all my essences comes from the higher lvl toons and send it to my 101, yes you can do it on your 101, but it will take up so much of your playing time just farming them in 10s or 20s from the tiny quests littered over broken
QFT. takes forever if you’re only getting 10 at a time from WQ’s but the main has to have collected all of the legendary items for their class first right? before the tokens become BoA?
i also like to add the same process is used to get a fel focuser on a toon under 110. once the 110 or higher toon is revered with armies of legionfall the rep reward chest becomes BoA and you send it to your 101-109 who buys the https://www.wowhead.com/item=147707/repurposed-fel-focuser

not the highest stats from a consumable but its a great backup if youre low on draenic flasks

Last edited:
the main has to have collected all of the legendary items for their class first right? before the tokens become BoA?

No, you just buy them from the vendor and mail them to your 101-109. The tokens give a random leggo tho, so...

You don't have to have any leggos at all on the 110+ just 1000 wakening essence to buy the token.

edit- random leggo for the loot specialization you are when you use the token. Generic leggos apply to that too.

Users who are viewing this thread