What class is best to support a rogue

Yupp

OG
Mostly for wsg.

Class: Reason

Thanks for all advise.

Priest as they can stay close to eachother while the priest CCs and the rogue keeps the opponents off with gouge and high DPS.

Rogues usually don't need support, if he needs support he should roll another class.

Priest + Rogue = Infinite win

Im not asking whether a rogue needs support, im asking what class is best to play with a rogue.

A twinked rogue cant take everything on his own, especially with the increased number of horde twinks on blackout.

Thanks for the people that posted information that was useful to me, what do you think about a CC mage?

Would a Mage/Rogue be good for 2v2?

if a rogue needs support the person doesn't know how to play that class

never the less

rogue + priest = GG

rogue + rogue = Rape

Pick,.

I have played many games suporting my wow rogue mate as a priest. We do very well tbh. Armory is down (again) for now but if you're interested:

Twinkup Stormrage (EU) Not The Face (guild) rogue

Penicillin Stormrage (EU) Not The Face (guild) priest

fears can get enemy away from rogue when needed (allso to split enemy healer from other enemy dps class), sap can protect priest when needed, healing shield is always nice, renew and los against hunters, to much to write down here now really. I am talking 2vs2 arena's here. I assume you mean rogue suport for that reason.

Thanks alot Peni, was thinking about a priest, got a massive guild to go up against and there is only 2 of us.....

Very nice chars you got there. :D

As most people have said, priest.

OT: canihascookie, oh lol so thats you with that channel. I saw you left a comment,subed or added me on youtube as a friend here the other day. Was the name of the channel inspired from our channel? Yes it's a regular name though, just seems a like.

I would say priest/shaman but you can alternate and find some decent dps partners :D Such as another rogue or a warlock perhaps?#

P.S Hi Zoxx

I would say if your looking for a healer that can hold his own against the other team and CC at the same time as healing, I would go Shammy simply because if this guild your going against has a good Shaman your priest will get raped hard and heals will be near worthless with purge spams. The bad part of this is Shamans have a 3 second cast unspecced and without any haste (cough cough). The good part is if your Alliance then your Shaman will have gift of the Narru =D. The only reason I mentioned haste is to speed up heals, other than that haste is crap for Shamans.

Since when to rogues not need support? Hunters > Rogues, I would say 40-50% of the 19 bracket are hunters.

Refrain from coming onto the forums and giving out ridiculous and stupid advice.

I guess I will go over possible classes?

Priest: Amazing. Good surv. Clear's most magic effects that can slow a rogue down (ER,FB) Has a bubble to allow better movement for the healer. A clear out CC that is on a diff DR then the rogue. Has DoTs to keep a running target from restealthing O5SR etc (please dont DoT the main target otherwise, dont want to break that gouge =P). Overall a very good team comp. Cons: Bad priests go OOM quickly. Getting CC timers at the right team can be tough on a new team. Priest do go down fairly quickly. Hunters can give you quite the workout etc.

Mage: Pretty good with Rogue. Have the ability to keep someone CC'd for a quite a bit. Both benefit from food/water. The mage can keep one person away while the rogue deals with the other individually. You can reset the arena fairly easily. Mages have DoT's to interrupt bandages as well as Arcane Missiles. (Its fairly easy to get away and bandage) Cons: If the mage goes OOM, you are going to have a 2v1 situation quickly. Thus mages dont generally do amazingly well in long arenas.

Druids: I love druid/rogue teams. Druids are healers with a lot of movability, survivability, a CC and DoTs on different timers. They do pretty good damage, have a bear form for tanking a tough moment and can keep hunter pets off of you. Cons: Most of the heals are HoTs so shamans/priest teams can eat you alive if you dont cover well. Druids go OOM quickly against good teams so you have to really know your way around a spirit stick. Movement and positioning is huge with this team.

Shamans: Honestly shamans are just OP, so it makes this team okay. I dont think shamans have any super amazing buffs for rogues that allow this team to be really really good. Shamans just have amazing O and D capability, totems that can slow.. O dispels. Cons: There really arent many.. its up to how good your shaman/rogue are.

Hunter: Pretty good team in that hunter's are just good.. and hard to kill. Massive DPS, poisons from the hunter that are hard to clear.. a pet to keep the healer or whatever in combat. Overall a good comp that depends largely on the skill of the player.

Warrior: Not a great comp. You can burst one target down quickly by keeping them slowed and targeted..Teams with slows will make this team hard to win with. Warriors are just a rather gimped class at 19.

Warlocks: I like this team. Very offensive, have lots of DoTs, two very good CC's on different DRs. A good lock can make this team amazing. This largely depends on the skill of the lock. You can put a lot of pressure on anyone with this team.

Pally: Okay team, you get heals, HoJ (damn nice against mages though a good mage can reset and shut down the match). You get a stun for a key moment. I honestly dont like it that much. Pally's can do pretty good damage but you have to face the right team, and against some teams you really dont have that much of a chance.

Priest: All though any healing class would work priest would most likely be your best bet. Although a holy pally wouldn't be that bad either because of HoF.

Users who are viewing this thread