What are you doing once 6.1 goes live?

What are you going to do once 6.1 goes live?

• Nothing different

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Using veteran account only

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Quitting bracket

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Unsubscribing

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
my to do list for the coming patch. not hold responsible if this turns out for the worst.
1. to wait until 6.2 comes out and then use the softwares (both the starter-pack and the wod pack ... i'm loco) to make my vet account in-case they decide to add in any-other pieces of heirloom gear to drop.
2. delete the trial model that comes with the vet and merge with my own account with it before i start playing.
3. make a free lvl. 90 and play around with the only said toon.
4. get everything and anything i can possibly get that's usable for the trial for the tab system on the said toon.
5.once i get everything i desire, I'll just play until the timer runs out.
6. ...
7. now i have two choices of game-style to play (vet and trial edition). bwahahahaha!!!

y would they be stricter about vet accs than f2ps

Eh couple hundred subscribers switch to veteran and still play just as much as they used to, couple thousand failed to pays buy one month and then un-sub but still play just as much as ever. It could cause them to investigate why, they see a pattern they figure out how to correct it.

I would expect them to force exp on for veterans within a few months if its not coming live that way (19 veterans a no go), then figure out what to do about failed to pays, my guess would be disable scaling in exp off bg's or remove ability of failed to pays/veterans to que pvp or limit the number of times they can, either total number per account or total number per day/week.

Basically this will draw attention to a group of people that use Blizzard resources and don't pay that they are likely not fully aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's get new gear and buy every boa i don't already have straight cash homie?

This isn't going to last long. Worst case scenario they limit the amount of BGs veteran accounts can participate in (weekly), and we all get fawked.

I've been hoping they'd do this for F2Ps for a long time...

Franchi said:
Eh couple hundred subscribers switch to veteran and still play just as much as they used to, couple thousand failed to pays buy one month and then un-sub but still play just as much as ever. It could cause them to investigate why, they see a pattern they figure out how to correct it.

I would expect them to force exp on for veterans within a few months if its not coming live that way (19 veterans a no go), then figure out what to do about failed to pays, my guess would be disable scaling in exp off bg's or remove ability of failed to pays/veterans to que pvp or limit the number of times they can, either total number per account or total number per day/week.

Basically this will draw attention to a group of people that use Blizzard resources and don't pay that they are likely not fully aware of.

Last time I discussed F2P twinking with a GM, they were fully aware of it and had zero plans to do anything to hinder it. Since then, they've introduced BG scaling, added random BG queue/additional maps, and nerfed the shit out of enchant scaling. I don't think they're going to give two shits about twinks playing Veteran accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last time I discussed F2P twinking with a GM, they were fully aware of it and had zero plans to do anything to hinder it. Since then, they've introduced BG scaling, added random BG queue/additional maps, and nerfed the shit out of enchant scaling. I don't think they're going to give two shits about twinks playing Veteran accounts.

Exactly. This is a marketing tool. They at banking on more lapsed accounts will log in and be enticed to sub by their friends and former guildies than people will unsub to play level 20s.

As far as 19s go, it only took blizzard a few months to fix this after the unlimited trials went live. IMO, it either won't work out of the gate (xp forced back on when sub lapses) or will get fixed in short order.

Of course they won't care, since 'veteran' accounts are most likely merely trials with guild access (in fact, that's exactly how they've been described). I'll be doing nothing beyond gathering heirlooms on my paid account for the tab. Then I'll return to my trial and play as usual. That should be an option on the poll btw. Many of you seem to think Blizzard is bent on catering to chronic trial users and I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

I am not saying that it WILL happen simply that it might happen.

As it stands now there is not much that you can point to that says a failed to pay ever had an active sub outside of the ones with merged accounts. when people start doing the veteran thing, and mergeing failed to pay acounts wiht veteran acounts for boa tab and allowing accounts that have been paid for years to lapse, that may raise a few eyebrows.

And it wouldn't hurt their marketing one bit if the veterans and failed to pays couldn't do more than a few BG's a week hell provide a little in game button "upgrade your account to unlock unlimited battlegrounds".

Also I seriously doubt many GM's have much interaction with developers etc.

Turning on xp to screw over 19 f2p vets is the same thing as screwing over any 19 that lets their subscription lapse for 1 second. This would be bad.

Okay guys , i have trouble to understand you , im french ... Can you explain me quickly whats happend and what is vet account ? Does this impact 29 twinking ? im afraid because i put loat of times and effort in 29 !

People with a wow account they have payed for will be able to play under the same restrictions as F2P once their subscription runs out. Which results in people making 19 twinks and let their subscriptions run out after they have a fully BiS 19 twink.

Not likely or not for very long. It took blizzard I believe less than 4 mos to fix this the first time around.

With the big difference, that they specifically don´t wanted F2Ps to be able to lock on a certain level, since the starter account was meant to be for new people who should try the content till level 20 and upgrade then.
Veterans having paid for this game for a long or short period of time and therefore already played the content that requeues a payment. There is absolutely no reason for them to automatically turn xp back on.
I think it will be like it is for f2p. We cant lock or unlock it. But the status unlocked should remain when the sub ran out.
We will see what happens

Then it is possible for 29 twinks too ?

Well if you aint subscribing you will be under the same restrctions as a free 2 play twink, that means you can only play your characters that is either level 20 or below.

So we just have to make a free 19 Bis twink and its Good !!??
What people think will happend is everyone pays 1x month and makes a 19twink and then stops paying and play 19 instead of 20-29

Users who are viewing this thread