Whale Shark!

I've a feeling it's simply the mana consumption that resto druids at 85 have to deal with (even though you have SILLY high amounts of spirit by comparison). I'm not so sure about what is more healing, WG/Efflorescence or rejuv, I figure you can check WoL for that (No significant healing changes between 80 and 85, but you do gain a little in terms of regrowth hot healing, and nature's grace (might be an idea to grab this on an 80, since Furor is only a (somewhat useless in this case) regen increase.

Just quickly done a 25 man ICC HC with 85's, and the breakdown of healing was...

Rejuvenation 2815 casts, 12056384 healing
Wild Growth 4835 casts, 7727587 healing
Regrowth 1012 casts, 6700768 healing
Efflorescence 645 casts, 2356118 healing
Living Seed 171 casts, 974200 healing
Lifebloom 351 casts, 964735 healing
Swiftmend 49 casts, 857337 healing
Healing Touch 22 casts, 731387 healing
Tranquility 191 casts, 717667 healing

Rejuvenation as I thought would be my most used spell, I was pretty much putting it on anything that dipped below full hp.
Wild Growth, although wasn't cast on CD. I did use it as much as I could. I might try it with the glyph next time to see if it brings the healing up a bit more.
Regrowth amazed me with the amount of healing it done, I was really not expecting it to be as high as it was. I was spamming it on LK though, 85's take too much fucking damage.
Efflorescence was incidental most of the time, I didn't plan on it's healing as an AoE or anything. Not finding a target in a group etc... It was just extra from using swiftmend as an oh shit button.
Living Seed, incidental from spamming Regrowth so much.
Lifebloom, I know I should keep it up more. But when a raid of 25 people are going down at one time, I rarely think... Oh yeah refresh LB on the tank.
Swiftmend, like I said. Oh shit button.
Healing Touch, mainly just a test of HPS on Dreamwalker and to get some very low health 85's back up.
Tranquility, used this on Dreamwalker and at a phase transition on LK, could have been used more. But I hate CD's.

As for my decision on Nature's Grace, I like my max mana so much. It's an epeen thing. Nothing else.

So now that we've sorted that debacle out, who else has solo'd the whale shark? Obviously pretty easy with a ranged class, but how many melee classes have?

Best DK EU is gonna attempt it when he's finished gearing. Wonder if a rogue could do it with an evasion spec. Like kite when it's not up... Might take a few hours though.

So now that we've sorted that debacle out, who else has solo'd the whale shark? Obviously pretty easy with a ranged class, but how many melee classes have?

Best DK EU is gonna attempt it when he's finished gearing. Wonder if a rogue could do it with an evasion spec. Like kite when it's not up... Might take a few hours though.

I managed it at 85 as retribution, could try getting 2% more hit and doing it on my 80, would just take ages (exo hard casts FTL).

chardev 9

I wonder if that would work. 102.51% avoidance, so you'd be missing 0.5% I think. Pity there isn't any avoidance elixirs that don't suck, it'd be nice to get +225 parry, since agi to dodge has DR'd so hard in that set.

I wonder if that would work. 102.51% avoidance, so you'd be missing 0.5% I think.
Could go Inscription for the 60dodge + 15parry shoulder enchant and there'd also be the alchemist's 80 agi bonus on the Flask of the Winds :) Not sure how JC/BS would do against Inscription in terms of added CTC.

Could go Inscription for the 60dodge + 15parry shoulder enchant and there'd also be the alchemist's 80 agi bonus on the Flask of the Winds :) Not sure how JC/BS would do against Inscription in terms of added CTC.

Might be better with the agi buff, since agi>dodge for avoidances. ALthough, the old tbc dodge + parry shoulder enchant probably provides more CTC than the 80 one. Question is, is it enough?

Edit: Turns out LW + the tbc shoulder enchant is enough to push the CTC up to 104.13%, more if the mixology bonus isn't applied on chardev. That is more than enough to solo a whale shark without him hitting you. Now just gotta get that gear...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread