Welcome to the End 59's.

There isn't a single BattleGroup with enough activity to keep this bracket alive. Farewell.

I was considering posting the same thing on the 2 other forums but I figured I'd just come off as an repetitive a**hole. But I am 99% convinced that this is going to kill the bracket(s).

The only chance that we have is if Blizzard turns out to be awesome and links the non-xp BattleGroups together. Wish for the best I guess. I will sure miss 59s (Pre-Dk era) though : /

Situation said:
I was considering posting the same thing on the 2 other forums but I figured I'd just come off as an repetitive a**hole. But I am 99% convinced that this is going to kill the bracket(s).

The only chance that we have is if Blizzard turns out to be awesome and links the non-xp BattleGroups together. Wish for the best I guess. I will sure miss 59s (Pre-Dk era) though : /

But you have a 39 on Cyclone, not all is lost :]

i thought 59's died when lich came out, everyone i knew in 59's went 69's were dk's had to get something other then there starting gear to be on an equal level playing field

Yeah but I still had no problem rolling DK's with my twinks even with their gear. It just was annoying to wade through them to get to other classes. I just got bored after a while and found myself not enjoying the overall scene. Now there won't even be that option.

Here's the main question. What should we do with out 59s now?? I don't really want anymore 80s. Possibly 70 for rated arenas and pvp gear!

We should all decide on a BG to transfer to.

If we can't do that, welcome to the end, my friends :(

Anyone else on Cyclone?

I like 49s and 59s and hope this works out.

I don't think i that it makes sense to level up/out of 59s and I would sit tight and wait and see what happens. No point in having another 80 whose gear is outdated every patch release...

Hopefully they get smart and merge all the non-XP into one battle group by bracket. The only problem with that is that then they might get more popular than the high end and as they grow they may need to sub-divide again...

nodoze said:
Anyone else on Cyclone?

I like 49s and 59s and hope this works out.

I don't think i that it makes sense to level up/out of 59s and I would sit tight and wait and see what happens. No point in having another 80 whose gear is outdated every patch release...

Hopefully they get smart and merge all the non-XP into one battle group by bracket. The only problem with that is that then they might get more popular than the high end and as they grow they may need to sub-divide again...

Everyone talking about merging battlegroups needs to understand that there are physical, technical reasons that this is highly unlikely. Mostly due to server proximity. A few battlegroups in the same datacenters *might* get merged (there's 3 datacenters in the us: LA, Dallas, and somewhere eastcoast- NYC? Boston?) but somehow I doubt Blizzard cares enough about twinks to go through with that just for us.

I might very well end up transferring if nothing changes in the next few weeks.

Evocate said:
Ruin go go

I second this.

Here are my reasons why:

1. No battlegroup currently has a workable population of 59s.

2. Post 3.2, there has been a big influx of twinkers (myself included) to Ruin.

3. Ruin therefore has a higher than normal population of twinkers, on top of that, has many 49s.

4. The progression from to 59 makes the most sense for someone who tires of 49, or has multiple 49s and desires the challenge of twinking for a difficult bracket - and Ruin has an abundance of 49s, a perfect pool of potential 59 twinks.

Let's be honest, twinking for 59 is a challenge - grinding Zandalar rep, farming drops & turn-ins, getting raids together. While many BiS equips are outland greens, there are a lot of pre-BC epics that surpass them.

Pre 3.2, getting the grind done without levelling was more tedium than it was worth - I doubt very many people have done a full on BiS twink for 59s. Now with XP off as an option, the doors are open.

A 59 twink is both a PVE twink and a PVP twink. Classic raids, classic content, done with appropriate gear - not being run through by lvl 80s. You can twink for lvl 59 pvp as a side project of PVE twinking - just cap at 59 instead of 60. You'll get much of the gear you need as a natural result of going through that classic content.

It is my sincere hope that enough people become interested in twinking @ 59 to make it a viable bracket - the XP off feature of 3.2 should mean it's not just a dk roflstomp, as everyone in the XP off queues will have a chance at getting geared.

I've had a plan for my hunter for 59s:

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

(with leatherworking. I'm gonna rock those drums.)

I'm also twinking a <edit> GNOME </edit> DK, just because it's awesome to be jumping around swinging my sword Yoda-style as a midget. Plus 390 engineering ftw.

I'd love to get into 59s, I hope more out there become interested as well.

someone really needs to get the research together and take the time to spam enough forums to group up all the 59s. the problem is all the 59s i know wont be on their 59s anymore so its going ot be alot of trade spamming to find the people that dont do forums. at least if we get a few we can do the arena.

So, I've been super busy IRL since 3.2, but I have an idea of what to do with 59's... go up a level, find a 60-capped guild, and do Vanilla raids? I'm considering it, just hurts to leave the 59 bracket... perhaps at 60 I'll go patrol HFP for some easy kills and incite some world pvp.

/target 59 bracket

/mourn

I wont lvl out. I will join bg's stall a flag cap as long as possible then /afk out just before flag cap. Rinse repeat on my 49/39 twinks.

[char=Drak%27Tharon]Iblue[/char]

So what's the latest on the 59s after this weekend? I'm about finished with a revamp of my horde resto shaman, and I should be back into WoW in a month or two. But will my shaman be all dressed up with no place to go?

Bwappo

Short answer: Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread