Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

but hunters still gonna kite ya 1v1.
Posthaste pops after u land on ground now.

On your first charge you just try do some damage before they disengage. Wait for posthaste to kick in then do your 2nd charge + piercing howl. The hunter now has to either eat the snare or trinket. Most hunters will automatically trinket if they can't disengage. So be ready for a 2nd piercing howl.

No scatter shot, no pet CC.

On your first charge you just try do some damage before they disengage. Wait for posthaste to kick in then do your 2nd charge + piercing howl. The hunter now has to either eat the snare or trinket. Most hunters will automatically trinket if they can't disengage. So be ready for a 2nd piercing howl.

No scatter shot, no pet CC.

By the the time you snare him after he trinkets he will be out of melee range with you having no charge.
Dont forget, spider pet has 2nd slow on 6 sec cd. you be asmuch snared as he.

Last edited by a moderator:
iirc hunters can still get a pet that will "slow" you . there are no more roots or stuns ect but i remember seeing a slow. thing is that piercing howl has a 15 yard range . not mele range. let me put a "banana" in for scale.
frost nova has a 12 yard radius
piercing howl has a 15 yard radius .
get the idea . getting away from a furry warrior with anything less than blink blazing speed or major cc is going to be pretty damn hard.

Crocolisk - Pet - World of Warcraft ( crocadilisk slow in wod)

also check out the new dataz for beta they just put out.

feral got nerfed again . same with balance so now they should be a lil bit more balance.
Warlocks got buffed (corruption tick=moonfire tick) before u toss in the effects of eclipse ect.
hunter got a minor buff in damage . (frankly i felt sorry for them so this is ok in my book)
frost mage got nerfed arcane and fire got buffed.
rogues got nerfed even more.
atm a enh shaman will hit for almost the same as an ambush with lava lash and it will be pure fire damage so it will probably work out to be more.
aflic still garbage.

But the highlight of the entire build..................
Sheild charge at lvl 18 . too bad u need the lvl 100 talent for it to work .
blizz just teasing again . #ragingblowproc #overkilllpassive #middlefinger

Snowjobs, I'm wondering if the wod info on wowhead just isn't updated yet:

From here:

"Hunter pets no longer have crowd-control abilities.

Basilisk: Petrifying Gaze; Bat: Sonic Blast; Bird of Prey: Snatch; Crab: Pin; Crane: Lullaby; Crocolisk: Ankle Crack; Dog: Lock Jaw; Gorilla: Pummel; Monkey: Bad Manner; Moth: Serenity Dust; Nether Ray: Nether Shock; Porcupine: Paralyzing Quill; Rhino: Horn Toss; Scorpid: Clench; Shale Spider: Web Wrap; Silithid: Venom Web Spray; Spider: Web; and Wasp: Sting have been removed as pet abilities."

Snowjobs, I'm wondering if the wod info on wowhead just isn't updated yet:

From here:

Basilisk: Petrifying Gaze; Bat: Sonic Blast; Bird of Prey: Snatch; Crab: Pin; Crane: Lullaby; Crocolisk: Ankle Crack; Dog: Lock Jaw; Gorilla: Pummel; Monkey: Bad Manner; Moth: Serenity Dust; Nether Ray: Nether Shock; Porcupine: Paralyzing Quill; Rhino: Horn Toss; Scorpid: Clench; Shale Spider: Web Wrap; Silithid: Venom Web Spray; Spider: Web; and Wasp: Sting have been removed as pet abilities."
It could very well be a typo :0 on wowheads part . I just can't wait to have that multistrike aura from hunters makes possible crit / burst so amazing like chaos bolt +2 multistrike hits + conflag which crits and then multistrike o.o such epic I can't wait .

Imo bis premade comps may involve hunter simply for the multistrike aura or the battle res they just have so much potential to save a game :0 but then u have feral and arms and fury warrior which are sick too now and ret pallys . Gosh so much potential in warlords . O and then demo locks and monks urh mah gurd I just can't wait. 1 hunter for multi strike and slowing ranged targets and bres. Fury warrior arms warrior ret pally feral Druid . Ww monk for speed and stuff . BM fc for slows on everyone so ur mele can stay on tot . Any combo of 3 healers . :eek: I just can't wait . ..................... This was only supose to be a 2 line post but then I had to go and spaz out on ot stuff -.- sawy

This makes me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Kincaide "Hell hath no Fury" sig pic. I forgot where I uploaded it. *sadface*

Except spider doesn't have a slow, because all hunter pet CC has been removed in WoD.
Well 40 yd range on concussive shot sure cares.
However, unless war gonna do some voodo shit magic by timing it right after u trinket, 1 sec be enough to be out of melee. 95% wars be reroll, aswell as ferals. not really something ppl should worry about.

Will see how things gonna play out. may aswell be finally useful have 10 sec disengage or net talent

iirc hunters can still get a pet that will "slow" you . there are no more roots or stuns ect but i remember seeing a slow. thing is that piercing howl has a 15 yard range . not mele range. let me put a "banana" in for scale.
frost nova has a 12 yard radius
piercing howl has a 15 yard radius .
get the idea . getting away from a furry warrior with anything less than blink blazing speed or major cc is going to be pretty damn hard.

[MENTION=6328]Snowjobs[/MENTION] , I always look for your posts for WoD updates haha. Very excited to see WoD looking good for f2ps. Fury, ret, fire mage, enh sham viable makes me grin. Also, the fact that people like me who enjoy hunters but hated their OPness in MoP may have a new alt :)
Also, is Elemental mechanics have changed with hard casting lightning bolt, which obviously cuts its mobility and potential for pocket healing. How do you think this is going to play out compared to MoP or compared to boomkin?
Crocolisk - Pet - World of Warcraft ( crocadilisk slow in wod)

also check out the new dataz for beta they just put out.

feral got nerfed again . same with balance so now they should be a lil bit more balance.
Warlocks got buffed (corruption tick=moonfire tick) before u toss in the effects of eclipse ect.
hunter got a minor buff in damage . (frankly i felt sorry for them so this is ok in my book)
frost mage got nerfed arcane and fire got buffed.
rogues got nerfed even more.
atm a enh shaman will hit for almost the same as an ambush with lava lash and it will be pure fire damage so it will probably work out to be more.
aflic still garbage.

But the highlight of the entire build..................
Sheild charge at lvl 18 . too bad u need the lvl 100 talent for it to work .
blizz just teasing again . #ragingblowproc #overkilllpassive #middlefinger

[MENTION=6328]Snowjobs[/MENTION] , I always look for your posts for WoD updates haha. Very excited to see WoD looking good for f2ps. Fury, ret, fire mage, enh sham viable makes me grin. Also, the fact that people like me who enjoy hunters but hated their OPness in MoP may have a new alt :)
Also, is Elemental mechanics have changed with hard casting lightning bolt, which obviously cuts its mobility and potential for pocket healing. How do you think this is going to play out compared to MoP or compared to boomkin?

Remember when ele didn't have moving lightning belt? Yea, most people dont because no one played ele then. Ele was more than viable then and it will remain viable come wod. There will be burst, off heals, decent mobility, and still all of that utility. You will simply see all of the ele rerolls shelve their characters, but I'll still be on mine :D. Compared to boomkin? Boomkin will likely be better then ele come wod I would think.

Remember when ele didn't have moving lightning belt? Yea, most people dont because no one played ele then. Ele was more than viable then and it will remain viable come wod. There will be burst, off heals, decent mobility, and still all of that utility. You will simply see all of the ele rerolls shelve their characters, but I'll still be on mine :D. Compared to boomkin? Boomkin will likely be better then ele come wod I would think.

What boomkins don't know is the awesomeness that is the elements. Nice sham btw :)

Elemental has been indirectly nerfed quite hard. Fulmination now has 15 charges and charges can only be generated by lightning bolt, LB multistrikes and chain lightning. Since F2P does not have access to multistrikes or chain lightning, you literally need to turret and cast LB 15 times just to do the same fulmination damage you do now on live.

I tested it out on my 28 shaman. Getting 15 charges with chain lightning is cake, getting 15 with just LB is very painful. Like I said fulmination at 15 charges does the same damage as fulmination with 7 charges on live. So it's going to take you over twice as long to build up that burst.

Well 40 yd range on concussive shot sure cares.
However, unless war gonna do some voodo shit magic by timing it right after u trinket, 1 sec be enough to be out of melee. 95% wars be reroll, aswell as ferals. not really something ppl should worry about.

Will see how things gonna play out. may aswell be finally useful have 10 sec disengage or net talent

I kill hunters on live with just 2 charges, warstomp and some crits. Not all hunters obviously, but I kill quite a few.

In wod hunters lose;
-scatter shot
-all pet CC
-the abiltiy to kill people in 2-3 globals (oh noes! better reroll!)

Warriors gain;
-aoe snare on short cooldown for all specs
-a weapon that will reduce hunter's armor to zero or almost zero

Yeah, think my warrior will do just fine. Note conc shot has a 5 second cooldown, piercing howl has no cooldown. So trinketing a conc shot when disengage is on c/d can u give 5 seconds up time. You can juke a hunters trinket by spamming piercing howl 2 or even 3 times. They trinket and 0.5 seconds later they are snared again.

You wouldn't believe how many hunters trinket my charge stun (yes, the 1 second stun) only to get hit by my warstomp. It's hilarious. The same thing will happen with chaining piercing howl. Most hunters just panic and will trink the very first thing that inhibits them.

Just checked my p2p tanks on beta. Finally, bonus armor has been nerfed for p2ps. I'm talking about the +90 to cloak, +40 to chest / gloves / boots / legs. So no more +300 bonus armor. If that went live, it would have been game breaking.

It also means that f2p prots wont be stupid powerful with +16 kits. They are just +2 now.

edit; Elixir of minor defense is still +50 however. Wonder if that will get fixed or if it will slip through.

Elemental has been indirectly nerfed quite hard. Fulmination now has 15 charges and charges can only be generated by lightning bolt, LB multistrikes and chain lightning. Since F2P does not have access to multistrikes or chain lightning, you literally need to turret and cast LB 15 times just to do the same fulmination damage you do now on live.

I tested it out on my 28 shaman. Getting 15 charges with chain lightning is cake, getting 15 with just LB is very painful. Like I said fulmination at 15 charges does the same damage as fulmination with 7 charges on live. So it's going to take you over twice as long to build up that burst.

Flumigation takes about 1-3 casts of lightning bolt for one charge to a total of 7

In wod its every stack= one cast.. to a total of 15. Almost the same imo ^-^

But no moving lightning bolt casts will be a pain :(

I kill hunters on live with just 2 charges
Obviously not talking about backpedaling hunters.

Charge: 20 rage, bloodthurst: 10 rage
Considering snare cost 10 rage it is not really what you wanna spam alot if you wanna do dmg.
30% proc on bloodthurst for raging blow dont pop that often due to 4.5 sec on bloodthurst.
Arms got no snare, prots can spam it every 5.5 sec but their shield slam dose 90dmg.

Am not saying fury are worse then they are now, it gonna be fun to play around with and have one just for sake of x2 executioner swords.
However i don't think hunter cant adapt to it.

Also it is silly to think hunters not gonna endup on top again in mid/end of expansion.

thenetx, I'm wondering if the wod info on wowhead just isn't updated yet:

From here:

My guess is, regardless of what wowhead says at the moment, there will be no hunter pet cc - snares are CC.

This makes me sad. I'm looking for a hybrid caster, should I consider boomkin? :( eww

Users who are viewing this thread