Warlock neck BiS?

stonebound

Legend
Voice amp modulator sent medalion or bronze necklace?

discusss!

bronze necklace 9 times out of 10, voice amp if youre pushing the EFC/defending your flag from a big O

Does anyone know how much armor/dodge does 6 agi give? i would assume it would be bronze 90% of the time tho.

Personal preference overall i guess

Antísocial said:
3stm neck ofc. 12armor isn't that gr8 for a lock imo.

But if you stack stam, 12 armor over 1700 health or so adds up. The more health you have the better the 12 armor is

Brüno said:
But if you stack stam, 12 armor over 1700 health or so adds up. The more health you have the better the 12 armor is

Only if you assume you get no heals. The more heals you receive the more armor matters and the less stamina does. A twink with 1010 health has 1% more health than a twink with 1000 health, but when they both get 5000 healing on them, the difference will only be ( 1010 + 5000 - 6000 ) / ( 1000 + 5000 ) = 10 / 6000 = 0.0017 = 0.17%

A twink with 512 armor has 0.4% more armor than a twink with 500 armor. The formula for physical damage reduction by armor is Armor / (Armor + 2015) at level 19, so the twink with 512 armor will have 512 / 2527 = 20.3% damage reduction vs. 500 / 2515 = 19.9% for the twink with 500 armor. So a twink in this situation going for the Thick Bronze Necklace taking 5000 healing will have an EH of 5010/(1-0.199) = 6255, while the twink with the Sentinel's Medallion will have an EH of 5000/(1-0.203) = 6274.

Even leaving out the dodge you get from the agility, I can conclude that vs. physical classes, Sentinel's Medallion is the way to go if you have a decent healer on you. But not every arena enemy combo consists of warriors, rogues, paladins and hunters and therefore the Thick Bronze Necklace is the best allround.

On my druid a rule of thumb i use is <1400hp i use thick bronze, >1400hp i use sentinel's. However i occasionally deviate from this rule if, for instance, the extra one stam will kick my healthpool up to a nice round number :)

I use this rule because when i stack more stam the value of stam decreases comparatively, while agilities value stays pretty much constant. Stamina is useful for helping with burst, and when you have 1.6k hp burst isnt so much of a worry, so reducing incoming damage becomes more important.

Supadrood said:
voice amp is best in slot.

ye i guess if you dont know what juke is, you'll save 0.5 sec everytime you fail at the game

Rayu said:
Only if you assume you get no heals. The more heals you receive the less armor matters. A twink with 1200 health has 20% more health than a twink with 1000 health, but when they both get 5000 healing on them, the difference will only be ( 1200 + 5000 - 6000 ) / ( 1000 + 5000 ) = 200 / 6000 = 0.03 = 3%

Actually, the more you get healed, the better the armor is. Also, if your getting healed it makes the stam even worse because I doubt your dropping to <10 health

Brüno said:
Actually, the more you get healed, the better the armor is. Also, if your getting healed it makes the stam even worse because I doubt your dropping to <10 health

This is the approach i take. If you have heals the stamina is only the best surv stat if you cannot live through the burst till your next heal. Of course scaling matters, and the difference between 6agi and 1 stam is minimal.

guys if you are going to flame each other please don't do it on my thread. What is Juking? i have a feeling someones just using a new word for something i already know of.

he means fake casting: starting to cast, then canceling to get the opponent to waste their interrupt, but that isnt always and option and doesnt always work; voice amp is bis. juking is when you trick someone into jumping off a ledge while you stay on top.

yh i kow what fake casting is lawl thanks anyway, who decides to make up a word for something which already has one. i play around 2350-2.4k end game fake casting is basic basic stuff.

stonebound said:
yh i kow what fake casting is lawl thanks anyway, who decides to make up a word for something which already has one. i play around 2350-2.4k end game fake casting is basic basic stuff.

the point was that he was missapplying the term juke to the term fake casting. they are different things.

stonebound said:

surprisingly you aren't the only person who reads this board; what kore said.

Muqmuq said:
I've actually seen people write juke instead of fake before, i think some people do call it that

they are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread