Wandering Isle Stayers

Hyper-Compressed Ocean toy is really great if you're an islander and want to start collecting some impossible to get mats on the isle.
It's also the best gold making method on the isle atm.
Here are some of the items you can get.
upload_2020-9-3_0-24-57.png

You also get a ton of grey items that vendor for 2g+, and a tong of bfa fish that you can turn into Spare Parts, or Aromatic Fish Oil
upload_2020-9-3_0-26-52.png

A big tip: If you like watching videos/movies while fishing, you can make the game only play the bobber sound and mute everything else.
These are the settings I'm using:
upload_2020-9-3_0-28-33.png

And also make this a macro and run it to disable the Toy's background water sounds
Code:
/run MuteSoundFile(2066801)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066802)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066783)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066784)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066785)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066786)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066787)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066788)
/run MuteSoundFile(2066789)

Edit: A more compact version of the macro that includes using the item
Code:
/run local s = {2066801,2066802,2066783,2066784,2066785,2066786,2066787,2066788,2066789} for _, i in pairs (s) do MuteSoundFile(i) end
/cast Hyper-Compressed Ocean
Also I use this macro for turning BfA fish into Spare Parts and Aromatic Fish Oil to free bag space.
Code:
/use Redtail Loach
/use Tiragarde Perch
/use Great Sea Catfish
/use Lane Snapper
/use Frenzied Fangtooth
/use Slimy Mackerel
/use Sand Shifter
/use Sentry Fish
/use Mauve Stinger
/use Viper Fish

Last edited:
Speaking of Stayers

has anyone ever made a discord for us stayers?
it'd be nice to have a place to communicate about professions, mats, etc

the links on this page no longer work, needs updating :)

I will be playing again after a two year break next month, sorry for not updating this thread etc.. will read everything and update what I can find..

Seeing that there are no posts over the last few years.. I'm starting to wonder if people are still doing this..?

Yeah it’s crazy. Both milestones have been reached.

Max level in wandering isles

max level in exiles reach (done just a few days ago)

Hiya everybody!

I've thought about keeping someone on the Isle ever since I first heard about DoubleAgent. Not to try & follow their footsteps. Just level enough to be able to help other players. And for rp purposes. Which - until I discovered this site today by blind luck - I thought would be lonely.

Even if I do have to fly solo, I've already seen some excellent pointers here. Getting access to guild bank for one.

This thread encourages me enough to actually make a character & put some modest effort into exploring the possibilities. I'd like to make the character on same server as my other characters. So i'm wondering ...

Does anyone have Neutral Pandaren on - in order of preference - Wyrmrest Accord (factioned mains), Moonguard, or Scarlet Crusade ?

Hiya everybody!

I've thought about keeping someone on the Isle ever since I first heard about DoubleAgent. Not to try & follow their footsteps. Just level enough to be able to help other players. And for rp purposes. Which - until I discovered this site today by blind luck - I thought would be lonely.

Even if I do have to fly solo, I've already seen some excellent pointers here. Getting access to guild bank for one.

This thread encourages me enough to actually make a character & put some modest effort into exploring the possibilities. I'd like to make the character on same server as my other characters. So i'm wondering ...

Does anyone have Neutral Pandaren on - in order of preference - Wyrmrest Accord (factioned mains), Moonguard, or Scarlet Crusade ?
The hype died down quite a lot for Neutral Stayers, couple years ago. It's still fun to do, specially now with mobs scaling alongside you, makes leveling faster.

The hype died down quite a lot for Neutral Stayers, couple years ago. It's still fun to do, specially now with mobs scaling alongside you, makes leveling faster.
I've made quite few characters just to run the start zone because i love the enviro. I notice there's lately a bit of a revival in people making Pandaren. i usually see one or two regardless of if i'm there in daytime or middle of the night. i just think it'd be enjoyable to have a healer and sort of help out whoever happens by.

Too bad we lost the ability to bank & ride. I'd love to be able to mog.
[doublepost=1677451064,1677450938][/doublepost]Has anyone ever bugged Blizzard to create a title such as " ... The Stayer"? Would be cool if they had an ach for reaching max level.

Since I bumped exile's reach I might as well bump this up too, how's it going fellow neutral pandas? What's the leveling meta right now? Still dailies until the end, or are herbs/mining the way to go?
Shadowlands and Dragonflight has been mostly herbing and mining for me, at least when I leveled DA at the start of the expansions. Shadowlands would have taken 64 days to do with just those, got it done in 17. Oddly enough DF would have taken less time... 60 days, did that in 12 days.
I've made quite few characters just to run the start zone because i love the enviro. I notice there's lately a bit of a revival in people making Pandaren. i usually see one or two regardless of if i'm there in daytime or middle of the night. i just think it'd be enjoyable to have a healer and sort of help out whoever happens by.

Too bad we lost the ability to bank & ride. I'd love to be able to mog.
[doublepost=1677451064,1677450938][/doublepost]Has anyone ever bugged Blizzard to create a title such as " ... The Stayer"? Would be cool if they had an ach for reaching max level.
I realize this was before it existed but we have the Ethereal Transmogrifier now.

I'm actually getting close to maxing out all classes available to Neutral Pandaren on the isle, gonna keep at it.

ETA: I did recently level a 2nd Shaman 1-70 with herbing and mining, no dailies. There's a video up, pulled up the statistics panel in it. Fun times lol.

Last edited:
has anyone at this zone ever gotten or used the "gear update" option tsthat was level 10+ that has picked no faction?

curious if it's available, and if blizzard forces a faction pick, if not where they would place you

has anyone at this zone ever gotten or used the "gear update" option tsthat was level 10+ that has picked no faction?

curious if it's available, and if blizzard forces a faction pick, if not where they would place you
Actually, last time someone tried it I believe it forced a faction on them and ported them off

Users who are viewing this thread