Visual Guide to Downloading F2PAddon

I've help several people get the F2PAddon already and I found that it takes a #$% long time to walk people through the steps. So I made this visual guide on how to get the addon and set it up so you can chat in the F2P community on your server.

If you've ever tried to help someone get the F2Paddon you know how difficult and frustrating troubleshooting can be. You say to yourself, "It's not that $@#&$@ hard!" but for some reason he/she just can't seem to get it. Next time this happens, save the hair pulling and just link them to this post.

Step 1: Go to F2PAddon_1.2.6 - F2PAddon - Chat & Communication - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse and it should start downloading. If your download doesn't begin click on the "click here" that I highlighted. A zip file will be downloaded into your computer.

Common issues: Internet Explorer has been known to have issues with this download. My recommendation is to get Google Chrome and use Chrome to download this file.

Step1.jpg

Step 2: OPEN the zip file that you just downloaded and INSIDE should be a folder called "F2PAddon". This is the addon! Move this folder with all of its contents into your World of Warcraft "AddOns" folder. The "AddOns" folder is located in the file containing your World of Warcraft game. Generally that location is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

Common issues: It is very important that the file is named correctly. Make sure the name of the file is exactly "F2PAddon" (case sensitive, without the quotes).

Step2.jpg

Step 3: Varify that inside your "AddOns" file, it now looks like this:

Step3a-1.jpg

Inside the "F2PAddon" folder, it looks like this:

Step3b-1.jpg

Step 4: If you game is open, log out and EXIT the game. Then, log back in and go to the character selection screen. If you followed every step correctly there should be a button on the bottom left hand corner named "Addons". If the button is not there then you did a step wrong.

Step4a.jpg

Step 5: Enter world and type "/join f2ptwink" this will allow you to join the channel. Then type notice the channel number, for example mine is "5_f2ptwink". So to chat I would just type "/5".

StartChatting.jpg

Your all set! Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work on the pictorial. Hopefully will help more players use the addon.

Maybe also include steps for adding a chat frame and enabling "f2ptwink" under Global Channels.

Seems a lot of people don't enable the chat in their chat frames and as a result think nobody is talking or that it's not working and then stop using the addon.

Is there any way to prevent the channel to change its "number", depending on the zone you're login in, it can be /1 /5 etc ??

This is a bit annoying if you set a color for this channel to have more exposure.

This is a great post! I m always recruiting people and I ll tell ya, it takes FOREVER to teach some people how to install the addon and how to get it to work. In some cases I've even given up. I think these pictures will be really helpful and really facilitate the process.

Bruh tried to install for 2 hrs now how to i get it to the save as part to save as winzip.rar? plz post plz thx.

The OPs pictures show that because he has the winzip program installed, but you don't need it. Windows can open zip files without any other programs, so you can save it as whatever it says on your computer, and open the .zip file in windows explorer (not internet explorer).

Curse.com has their own guide on how to install addons manually, but for some reason they started hiding it on the site, instead of having a help link next to the download button. It can now be found at:

http://support.curse.com/hc/en-us/articles/204270005--WoW-Manually-Installing-AddOns

Personally though, I'd recommend installing the curse client, and then using the 'install via curse client' button

Last edited by a moderator:
The OPs pictures show that because he has the winzip program installed, but you don't need it. Windows can open zip files without any other programs, so you can save it as whatever it says on your computer, and open the .zip file in windows explorer (not internet explorer).

Curse.com has their own guide on how to install addons manually, but for some reason they started hiding it on the site, instead of having a help link next to the download button. It can now be found at:

[WoW] Manually Installing AddOns – Curse Customer Service

Personally though, I'd recommend installing the curse client, and then using the 'install via curse client' button

Thanks for the stuff bro i got the curse client and f2p addon is in but it said its outdated and i got the latest version so i clicked enable all and use out of date addons but when went into the game it said f2pui is disabled as you are a trail account and cannot invite so what do i do?

Users who are viewing this thread