Veteran Edition account (6.1 update)

My guess is something like RuneScape's newly added Hardcore Ironman

looking at strings:

1. Can't change calendar events (CALENDAR_ERROR_MODERATOR_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot modify Calendar events.")

2. Some kind of level cap (CAPPED_LEVEL_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition level cap reached.")

3. Gold cap (CAPPED_MONEY_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition money cap reached.")

4. Other cap of IDK what it is (CAP_REACHED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition cap reached.")

5. Chat restrictions (CHAT_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "A Veteran Edition account may only send whispers to characters that have you on their friends list. \124cffffd000\124HurlIndex:2\124h[Click To Upgrade]\124h\124r") Notice that they get CLICK TO UPGRADE which might mean they are playing for free

6. Can't join guilds with character not already in guild? Can't understand this one (ERR_GUILD_TRIAL_ACCOUNT_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot join guilds without an existing character in the guild.")

7. Can't add ppl to party (ERR_INVITE_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot invite characters into groups. \124cffffd000\124HurlIndex:2\124h[Click To Upgrade]\124h\124r")

Very interesting thing that I've noticed now concerning is some kind of tradeskill blockade for F2Ps introduced in 6.1

TRIAL_ACCOUNT_TRADESKILL_RESTRICTED - "Not available for trial accounts"

Time will tell, thanks for the heads up :)

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe like for old p2p account that haven't upgrade to WOD?
LVL cap 90? will veteran edition be able to use whisper feature?

Might be related to the recently announced gametime-for-gold changes that are coming. Maybe p2p accounts without an active subscription will turn into a veteran account to allow people to still play the game and purchase game time. Otherwise you would be forced to pay actual money to return to the game. I would at least assume there is a possibility the two are related.

Might be related to the recently announced gametime-for-gold changes that are coming. Maybe p2p accounts without an active subscription will turn into a veteran account to allow people to still play the game and purchase game time. Otherwise you would be forced to pay actual money to return to the game. I would at least assume there is a possibility the two are related.

but then why does it still have a gold cap, this is something very interesting

I think that the guild thing works like this, if you have a guilded p2p and merge it to a f2p, you get the ability to join guilds.
With this said, my bro is going to get full access on all of his characters, because his druid is a Guilded F2P, and he will gain access to every character now... including mine... Lennyw.

I think that the guild thing works like this, if you have a guilded p2p and merge it to a f2p, you get the ability to join guilds.
With this said, my bro is going to get full access on all of his characters, because his druid is a Guilded F2P, and he will gain access to every character now... including mine... Lennyw.

hmm don't think it'll work like that. I think maybe your p2p without WOD turns into a veteran acc and, if you already have a p2p in a guild you get to still be part of it, but if you are without one, or leave it; ;you can't join another guild till you pay.

hmm don't think it'll work like that. I think maybe your p2p without WOD turns into a veteran acc and, if you already have a p2p in a guild you get to still be part of it, but if you are without one, or leave it; ;you can't join another guild till you pay.

Time will tell.

Wow, this is a great read. Did you see the part where it says Ferocious Bite will now do more damage?

Really.

But I'm most excited about the Darkmoon Faire races! I love races, I will complete them all!

There really is an appeal to not being able to trade, it's like you have earned everything yourself.

Wow, this is a great read. Did you see the part where it says Ferocious Bite will now do more damage?

Really.

But I'm most excited about the Darkmoon Faire races! I love races, I will complete them all!

Yeah, most of the class "balancing" changes seem really really awful for 20-29. Next patch sounds quite awful to be honest...

Yeah, most of the class "balancing" changes seem really really awful for 20-29. Next patch sounds quite awful to be honest...

Actually reading the comments below the article, it seems that at least some of those changes are really just tooltip changes to reflect actual changes that already occurred. So it's possible that nothing significant will actually change with abilities, other than the tooltips reading correctly. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Never expected this wild card! How the vets gonna trade for game-time tokens if they cant trade though? Will 20 still be starter edition cap? What will the veteran gold cap actually be? Who is eric cartman's father? these questions i suppose time will tell essentially, in a sense.

I enjoy speculating, so as long as we're speculating, I would surmise that trial accounts won't change, but that veteran accounts will be a way for people with old expired paid accounts to get a taste of the end-game to entice them into subscribing again. It's a pretty smart plan, but it's also one step closer to WoW becoming a free to play, pay for perks game.

If I had to guess, I would guess that a veteran account will allow you access to all content prior to WoD (like trials) and will have chat and gold restrictions, and a level cap of 90. What I wonder though is how will they deal with old accounts who have more gold on them than the new level cap? Should be interesting to see how this goes.

I predict that the veteran account will splinter the trial account bracket significantly. I know for myself, I will definitely be playing on my veteran account at least half the time. On the other hand, gearing BIS will always be easier at 20 than at 90. But still, can you imagine what a massively active 90 bracket would be like?

This is very likely going to change our community in very significant ways. I hope everyone's mentally prepared for that.

My guess is something like RuneScape's newly added Hardcore Ironman

looking at strings:

1. Can't change calendar events (CALENDAR_ERROR_MODERATOR_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot modify Calendar events.")

2. Some kind of level cap (CAPPED_LEVEL_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition level cap reached.")

3. Gold cap (CAPPED_MONEY_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition money cap reached.")

4. Other cap of IDK what it is (CAP_REACHED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition cap reached.")

5. Chat restrictions (CHAT_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "A Veteran Edition account may only send whispers to characters that have you on their friends list. \124cffffd000\124HurlIndex:2\124h[Click To Upgrade]\124h\124r") Notice that they get CLICK TO UPGRADE which might mean they are playing for free

6. Can't join guilds with character not already in guild? Can't understand this one (ERR_GUILD_TRIAL_ACCOUNT_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot join guilds without an existing character in the guild.")

7. Can't add ppl to party (ERR_INVITE_RESTRICTED_VETERAN - "Veteran Edition accounts cannot invite characters into groups. \124cffffd000\124HurlIndex:2\124h[Click To Upgrade]\124h\124r")

Very interesting thing that I've noticed now concerning is some kind of tradeskill blockade for F2Ps introduced in 6.1

TRIAL_ACCOUNT_TRADESKILL_RESTRICTED - "Not available for trial accounts"

Time will tell, thanks for the heads up :)

Really interesting. I am a F2P player and one of my characters is a member of a guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread