Vers vs mastery for 20spriest (vet)

Logica

Veteran
Hello.

Which stat will be better for spriest vers or mastery if i'm interesting in pure dmg? (Let's just forget about bonus to healing and dmg reducton for min)
I have +- same numbers from each +X stat from items, but mastery is increased my dmg by x% for each DoT on the target. So against targets with 2 DoTs mastery will be x2 better than vers, and x3 better with all tree DoTs, is that's true?

And what about haste stat? Last time when i was playing around DoT's they got additional ticks, hold character's stats when they was casted (with refresh machanic u could save bonus from blood lust during all combat, for example) etc. That's all was changed so idk about haste, how good or bad this stat.
___
I'm really bad in mechanic math, and not sure which stat i should max. Atm i have more than 31% critchance, but
i wanna change it for more smooth dmg by maxing another stat (thinking about vers or mastery).

I will be very grateful if you can help me!

Haste is best stat for spriests endgame and I can't see why it wouldn't be at lower levels, except maybe scaling. You even get an added benefit of proccing elemental force more often.

RPPM is affected by haste, so it actually will.

E.g. 10 RPPM with no haste will proc 10 times per minute. With 20% haste it will proc 12 times.
^^this... Elemental Force is RPPM, not PPM.

RPPM is affected by haste, so it actually will.

E.g. 10 RPPM with no haste will proc 10 times per minute. With 20% haste it will proc 12 times.

^^this... Elemental Force is RPPM, not PPM.

I was always under the impression Elemental Force was PPM, guess not. Maybe because we never had the opportunity to hit the amount of haste needed before, without sacrificng too many vital stats.

My bad.

I don't have any simulation math but I'll share my thought's:

Crit is undervalued IMO. Part of the issue with running raid-type simulations is 1 more haste might actually edge out 1 crit over an infinite patchwerk style fight. But PvP combat isn't that. The fractional tick of a dot for a few more isn't going to actually land a kill. You need pressure. Plus I believe crit is still counting for 200% damage in PvP (was 150%) which is pretty much going to force any pvp stat priority guides you see right now to rewrite.

Haste is still strong. The spec just plays a lot smoother with it. Yes it does equate to more EF and Hidden Satyr procs, which is also great. It lowers your cast time and cd on spells, helps you get Shadow Mend's off in time, it's a good stat.

Mastery is also very good and yes, better than vers (in terms of pure damage). I think you'll be hard pressed to get 3 dots on people, DP has a pretty big ramp up and falls off quick. The damage is huge but if you are planning for 10% mastery so 30% damage increase with 3 dots, it's not a large chunk of your time.

Versatility feels less important now. We have larger health pools, Dispersion, Shadow Mend pretty much heals you to full, Desperate Pray, and Void Shift.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/zilch

I hit 760 dps single target last night, which is by far the highest I've seen. Burn your Shadowfiend with 3 dots up, I don't stack DP, I just reapply before the other falls off (you used to be able to apply 2, now it just appends the additional time to the first one). I'm still tweaking gear, it feels like every week we have to regrind BiS. I'm planning a few more haste to hit 20% (15.38% gets you a 1.3 cast, 25% gets you a 1.2 sec cast). Also remember we loose secondary stats when entering BGs, so you need more at 20 to equal the same % when scaled to 29. I'd like to swap some Vers for Mastery, and I'm planning on gemming +2 int +2 crit on everything with a socket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread