Updated F2P Guide?

The ShL disenchant bug is quite annoying, considering blizzards refers to an ancient blue post claiming it had been fixed and apparently having no intention to admit it's still broken.

There is another problem with BFA enchanting.
To advance you need umbra shards - and i have no clue where to get bfa epics to de (for F2P/Vet in frozen phase).
Maybe i'm missing something?
I assume you mean Veiled Crystals, and those come from epic items; your best bet is to have a crafting proffesion leveled high enough so you can craft epic items. As usual, the best is Tailoring.
First major problem you will encounter is getting Expulsom: this is used in almost 90% of rare and epic recipes and it ONLY comes from scraping gear (medium rare to get it, but you have like 100% chance to get it from scraping trinkets).
Best way to overcome this is farm tidespray linen, like a fuck ton of linen (Freehold best spot, altough there are some decent spots in Zuldazar as well). Use the linen to craft green bracers, scrap them, hope to get expulsom. Repeat until you can craft epic recipes.
Second problem with enchanting is that you also gonna need a fuckton of mats if you wanna max it:687 Umbra Shard, 3139 Gloom Dust, 25 Veiled Crystal 87 Expulsom and 12 Mark of Honor (but you wont need as much if you only need to unlock the weapon recipes and not max the proffesion).

There are four world drop mounts in BFA zones that all drop off of humanoid mobs, meaning linen-dropping mobs. Just sayin' ;)

Also, scrap all the boe wands you find, they give back enchanting mats too + chance at expulsom. Scrap them because they will give umbra shards + gloom dust (+ star wood but that's more irrelevant), instead of just gloom dust (if they're green boes).

Finally, darkmoon faire monthly profession quests help with skill points (though not as much as before) which will save you SOME mats at least.

I assume you mean Veiled Crystals, and those come from epic items; your best bet is to have a crafting proffesion leveled high enough so you can craft epic items. As usual, the best is Tailoring.
First major problem you will encounter is getting Expulsom: this is used in almost 90% of rare and epic recipes and it ONLY comes from scraping gear (medium rare to get it, but you have like 100% chance to get it from scraping trinkets).
Best way to overcome this is farm tidespray linen, like a fuck ton of linen (Freehold best spot, altough there are some decent spots in Zuldazar as well). Use the linen to craft green bracers, scrap them, hope to get expulsom. Repeat until you can craft epic recipes.
Second problem with enchanting is that you also gonna need a fuckton of mats if you wanna max it:687 Umbra Shard, 3139 Gloom Dust, 25 Veiled Crystal 87 Expulsom and 12 Mark of Honor (but you wont need as much if you only need to unlock the weapon recipes and not max the proffesion).
Thanks a lot for directions, sounds ... idk, challenging or just annoying. I wonder, if i start it now - what will happen first: this or another free game time giveaway that will allow to cut the corners
[doublepost=1676921235,1676921131][/doublepost]
Finally, darkmoon faire monthly profession quests help with skill points (though not as much as before) which will save you SOME mats at least.
Afair to use the DMF skillup - 2 at a month, i have to drop the prof and relearn it visout getting Shadowlands skill. Thats another annoyance

Afair to use the DMF skillup - 2 at months, i have to drop the prof and relearn it visout getting Shadowlands skill. Thats another annoyance
Welp, that's true. I wish Blizzard would just let us choose which expac we want the profession skills levelled when we turn in those stupid quests already...

Welp, that's true. I wish Blizzard would just let us choose which expac we want the profession skills levelled when we turn in those stupid quests already...
Sooner or later, probably not without removing the fun with ShL trinkets on the way.

By the way - i saw in another thread a suggestion to fish in BFA for Greater Sea Ray, marked as unconfirmed.
I must add my penny - after 18k casts i still have no traces of it, either i am very unlucky, either it just cant drop for f2p/vet.
I would love to hear some proofs i'm wrong and its possible.
[doublepost=1676922508,1676921683][/doublepost]
Things I am still not sure about:

- Stat priority, is it the same as lvl 70? (I am guessing not?)

You can get a rough values with a help of raidbots.com/simbot/advanced

being f2p?, the last time I checked I couldn't, I asked for lvl: 48. I will check to confirm, this information is worth millions hahaha

Edit: You can learn but not disenchant items to raise and obtain materials, at least not being F2P

I think there would be a lot more to it than that. The old Twink guides are very detailed, and there were even YouTube Chanels devoted to it.
[doublepost=1676875053,1676873161][/doublepost]I guess what I have gathered so far from my own experience and the helpful posts from above (thank you)

WoD Dungeon Boss Drops can Proc to Epic ilvl 87 (run this over and over again)
Some of these WoD gear can Proc a socket but its very rare (I think)
Some Dungeon Quests drop Gear can also proc to ilvl 87 but not the gear within these dungeons (I believe)
BFA Enchanting is the way to go as previous expansion Enchanting will not work on gear above iLvl 60.
Shadowlands Enchanting seems not to allow Disenchanting at lvl 20 which makes it impossible to level and use.
PVP Random BGs are OK you are not going to be stomping on lvl 29s but can accomplish middle of the pack damage and kills.
You can buy +1 Jewels in Honorhold (Right Zircon, Delicate Tourmaline etc)

Things I am still not sure about:

- Stat priority, is it the same as lvl 70? (I am guessing not?)
- Best Gathering Profession
- Can Fishing be useful?
- Updated list of Achievements you can complete (should be much larger with time walking)

Feel free to reply with anything I may have missed or got wrong.

Shadowlands enchanting is possible, but only the wrists, boots, and glove enchants are working. To level Shadowlands enchanting you have to Disenchant CRAFTED gear, that can be from Leatherworking, Tailoring, Blacksmithing, etc. Shadowlands drops are bugged atm and the person that rescaled the gear didn't do it properly so it won't be fixed for a while.

A new F2P guide would be great, how often do guides like that come around?

The main problem with this is that the 20s community is heavily gutted, and the F2Ps that do have complete guides prefer to keep it under wraps in fear of having it getting patched, or are just too lazy to post it *cough cough*. If you want a general 20s guide it goes something like this:

1. Farm WoD Dungeons for 10,000 hours or until full purple ilvl87 with terts and sockets
2. Get wrecked by lvl 29s one-shotting
3. Quit

Maybe one day Blizz will eventually fix low level pvp, but i doubt it. We likely won't see a resurgence in the bracket until 2 years from now, when the next expac releases and we'll finally see some changes again

Sooner or later, probably not without removing the fun with ShL trinkets on the way.

By the way - i saw in another thread a suggestion to fish in BFA for Greater Sea Ray, marked as unconfirmed.
I must add my penny - after 18k casts i still have no traces of it, either i am very unlucky, either it just cant drop for f2p/vet.
[doublepost=1676922508,1676921683][/doublepost]

You can get a rough values with a help of raidbots.com/simbot/advanced
over 50k casts for sea rey here dont think it can drop for pure f2p

over 50k casts for sea rey here dont think it can drop for pure f2p
Which imo is pure bull on Blizzard's part. I can understand for things like Medallion of the Legion not dropping from Tanaan rares for F2Ps but what's their excuse for Great Sea Ray? EVEN SEA TURTLE DROPS FOR F2Ps!!!

Which imo is pure bull on Blizzard's part. I can understand for things like Medallion of the Legion not dropping from Tanaan rares for F2Ps but what's their excuse for Great Sea Ray? EVEN SEA TURTLE DROPS FOR F2Ps!!!
Medallion can be obtained via rare mission in garrison even as f2p and even as low as lvl 10 (provided you have at least ilvl 44 overall gear level). I would like to ask, if you know, does Supreme Lord Kazzakus from Tanaan drop anything for a lvl 20 if engaged? Since he is at boss level it should be possible.

Medallion can be obtained via rare mission in garrison even as f2p and even as low as lvl 10 (provided you have at least ilvl 44 overall gear level).
Yes I know, I was referring to ye old pre-7.3.5 days when Tanaan rares can be looted for I think oil? But no mount cages or medallion of the legion would ever drop alongside it.

Last edited:
I am having trouble (or bad luck) getting trinkets to prod to Epic in WoD dungeons. Is there an easier way to get Trinkets, though a quest or something?
Try doing some dungeon quests from other expansions that award trinkets, they have a 10% chance to proc epic.

Possible as Vet not as F2p.

Tried a bit, getting almost free 32 bags from SL on the way. Seems quite simple, only taking Motherlode instead of Freehold, going great - considering very limited aoe on class of my choice.
But, having Gale-Force as a current enchant, can i even get to Force Multiplier and, most of interest, to Accords?
I havent try summons to Nazjataк yet, but afair the trainer requires some advance in zone questing. So i can expect it gonna be phased and unaccessible for f2p, or there is some way to get him?

Tried a bit, getting almost free 32 bags from SL on the way. Seems quite simple, only taking Motherlode instead of Freehold, going great - considering very limited aoe on class of my choice.
But, having Gale-Force as a current enchant, can i even get to Force Multiplier and, most of interest, to Accords?
I havent try summons to Nazjataк yet, but afair the trainer requires some advance in zone questing. So i can expect it gonna be phased and unaccessible for f2p, or there is some way to get him?
I do have a lvl 20 priest that can craft them, but im gonna be honest, I crafted a crapload for expulsom. Also some recipes thst should be Nazjatar exclusive for enchanting/tailoring are available from ally trainer but not horde so take that into consideration. I also used Darkmoon Faire quests to bypass the "dry areas" until I could buy/train the pvp recipes: when you reach a certain skillpoint and nothing you can craft can give you more skillpoints.

Also some recipes thst should be Nazjatar exclusive for enchanting/tailoring are available from ally trainer but not horde so take that into consideration.
Ouch. Thats a slap. So, basically, accords are no-go for horde f2p, right?
(Cant really consider a fraction changing way as a solution)

Users who are viewing this thread