Unocraft - Level One Twinking

so does this mean that the server is up (so to speak) for us non-gms to go and test it out? Cuz i can't WAIT to play this. And if anyone has a spare computer, can't you setup that computer to run as server? and therefore use that computer to host the game server? Im just going by what i know as general information here.

Yeah the server is up.

The thing about hosting is that, afaik, I will be bottle-necked by my connection before I will by my hardware. I can pool together some parts I have and buy the rest to build a nice little server machine with 4GB ram, a 2.4ghz Xeon Quad-Core, and a fast ~200MB/s SSD; but the problem is having an appropriate internet connection. Where I live now, my connection is shared with several other people and probably will be the first contributing factor to lag.

Guys, I'm giving second thought to continuing this project. I've had several people now log on and complain to me about the server being boring; people that I would least expect, like twinkytoes or ham (ok, maybe I'd expect it from ham).

I haven't even heard from most of the lvl 1 players on this site in like a week, either.

It just makes me question whether the effort I'm putting in to it is really worth it.

For now, I'm putting this on hold. I'll let you guys know if that changes.

Eurys said:
Guys, I'm giving second thought to continuing this project. I've had several people now log on and complain to me about the server being boring; people that I would least expect, like twinkytoes or ham (ok, maybe I'd expect it from ham).

I haven't even heard from most of the lvl 1 players on this site in like a week, either.

It just makes me question whether the effort I'm putting in to it is really worth it.

For now, I'm putting this on hold. I'll let you guys know if that changes.

I love the idea Eurys, we just need more people on at a time. You know I will support you the entire time, level 1 twinking is all I have left in WoW.

What about trying to organize a level 1 pvp fest 1 night a week? That way everyone can get on and kill each other in merriment.

Gogo PvP event in gurubashi, put something cool in the chest if you're able to controll that, could be a cool event

Remember to add Noble's Elementium Signet int othe realm

Eury, there is definite interest, you just need to make it more...pve? appealing to level 1's, as there isnt much we can do anyways. Our biggest draw in retail is pvp, and you cant pvp if there arent people around. As you or ego wrote a few pages back, having PvE bosses scaled down to level one would make it more fun, i think. 5 man or less, being able to down Illi or something, that would be cool. Ok, maybe not illi (that'd be 10 man or more), but certainly instances or something. That would be cool, with portals or an item that can bring us there.

Eurys dont put this on hold. you have done a very good job so far and i believe you can do even better. Two people have said its boring but im sure theres alot more people who want you to continue and finish the server. Theres plenty of people im sure who would help you out if you need it. I could help you if you need it not sure how much i could so but what ever :p.

Well, I'll probably continue working on it but I won't be bringing it public until it is 90%+ complete. I don't enjoy people logging on and being insulting.

So I'll try to keep you guys posted about my status as I go, and probably invite some of you to test it with me privately.

i <3 you. Atm im bored to death with everything else on wow. and this is the most appealing thing i've seen in months.

ETA?

Just wanted to let you know I had fun on Your Server Eurys. Keep working on it, I'm sure it will be great when you are done.

Eurys said:
Well, I'll probably continue working on it but I won't be bringing it public until it is 90%+ complete. I don't enjoy people logging on and being insulting.

I'm glad you didn't give up eurys. =)

Eurys said:
So I'll try to keep you guys posted about my status as I go, and probably invite some of you to test it with me privately.

*hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* ;)

Users who are viewing this thread