<Twink Inc> Funding 29 Twinks interested in Rolling on WotLK Server.

Jadyne

39 Evangelist
The below was posted early 2014. I'm leaving it here for posterity. Due to various reasons, This offer is no longer on the table. Molten-WoW is still an excellent private server that I would encourage anyone to try out. There is still a twinking community there, now primarily based on the Deathwing server, and as of February 2015 mostly focused on 19s and 29s. However, who knows what the future holds. I know I'm still playing there, I just don't personally have the time to actively build a community.

Okay, this is a call for anyone interested in making a 29 twink in the old school WotLK style.

<Twink Inc> on Horde side of the Lordaeron realm of Molten-WoW is recruiting players for 20-29 twinking. We recently revived the bracket by building a sizable contingent of 29 twinks. After a month of waiting, the alliance exploded with 29 twinks, and actually outnumber horde at certain times of the day.

Will take any class, though right now greatest need is for healers, and least need for rogues and hunters.

Funding:
<Twink Inc> offers free enchants to guildies. There is also have a very large supply of BoE gear, since some of us have been voting and spending those points for months on gear to save up for new guildies.

The only things you need to do is get to level 29, do whatever quests you need, and run dungeons for RDF gear (which we do in-guild runs for periodically, and the server has 2k-4k players online 90% of the time, so RDF happens). You can vote for the server for points to get the rest of your gear, including the Arena Masters needed for AGM, and for heirlooms. You can vote once every 12 hours, and it gets you 5 points. Most 29 twink gear is 2-10 vote points, while the heirlooms are 50, and AGM is 36.

If you can't stand leveling to 29 on a 1x realm, you can roll your toon on the 20x realm, Ragnaros, and then spend 50 vote points (or donate $15 for 10 coins) to transfer to Lordaeron after leveling to 29 and getting professions up. The other nice thing about donating the minimum just once is that it gives you permanent donator status, which gets you past all the realm queues, which can be common on the higher-rate realms.

Note on professions: You can get to 450 mining, 300 other gathering profs, and 225 non-gathering profs. Your best bet for those is to level profs on Ragnaros, since it's 5x rate. I have soloed it 3 separate times on 29 and 39 twinks, and it is quite doable. Simply requires some patience. But again, at 5x rates, it's still faster than leveling 1-29 on retail WoW.

Links:
Here is the master thread for Molten-WoW on the private server forum if you're curious to learn more about it. It has a Getting Started guide to Molten in the second post.

Here is a link to Molten-WoW. If you're interested, even just register an account and start voting before you even start playing, so you can save up for gear.

Here is a link to the Twinking subforum on Molten.

And here is a link to <Twink Inc>'s armory page on Molten.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some recent screenshots:

We get at least 6 29s online every day now. Add in the pug nontwinks (Molten doesn't separate xp-on and xp-off bgs), and you get daily wsgs.

During Call to Arms for Arathi Basin, we had AB going every hour at least, sometimes several games in a row.

Our guild breaks 30 people online pretty regularly now. There's a lot of 39s online in this screenshot, but at least half of them have 29s too.

More to come. =)

Bump! <3

We`re getting activity in 29s every single day with back-to-back Warsong Gulches, 2s, 3s and everything!

Join in the fun today!

<3, Sela

Who would I know that plays? Like well known 29s / 39s?

And what is game quality like?

Who would I know that plays? Like well known 29s / 39s?

And what is game quality like?

Hm, I'm not sure that we have any well known 29 twinks playing yet, unless Balroy was a 29 at some point? As for 39s, I was a very well known 39, though old school. I'm currently working to recruit my old guildies from <Purple Haze> in Bloodlust battlegroup to join us on 39s 29s and 49s, and just got word from Entrerri and Evilnside that they'll be joining us. I can let you know when we get more though.

As for game quality, it's pug level atm. We're not at the point of doing organized 10v10 matches. When we start those, I'll be announcing that. But until then, what we have to offer is activity and daily wsgs at 29. As far as I can tell that's a bit more than retail can offer. Not to mention we're playing in WotLK, not that crap version of WoW called MoP.

If that's not good enough reason to join us yet, then don't join. Just be sure to check us out again in a week, in a month, in two months, and see how far we will have gone. We started building 29s in November, we didn't get games until end of December, now we have them every day. We started building 39s in December, started doing arenas last week, and this week we just did a dozen 39 wsgs. By next week 39 wsgs should be happening every day. We've been building 49s since December, and once Balroy and his friends finish theirs on ally side, I expect we'll start seeing 49 wsgs.

Hm, I'm not sure that we have any well known 29 twinks playing yet, unless Balroy was a 29 at some point? As for 39s, I was a very well known 39, though old school. I'm currently working to recruit my old guildies from <Purple Haze> in Bloodlust battlegroup to join us on 39s 29s and 49s, and just got word from Entrerri and Evilnside that they'll be joining us. I can let you know when we get more though.

As for game quality, it's pug level atm. We're not at the point of doing organized 10v10 matches. When we start those, I'll be announcing that. But until then, what we have to offer is activity and daily wsgs at 29. As far as I can tell that's a bit more than retail can offer. Not to mention we're playing in WotLK, not that crap version of WoW called MoP.

If that's not good enough reason to join us yet, then don't join. Just be sure to check us out again in a week, in a month, in two months, and see how far we will have gone. We started building 29s in November, we didn't get games until end of December, now we have them every day. We started building 39s in December, started doing arenas last week, and this week we just did a dozen 39 wsgs. By next week 39 wsgs should be happening every day. We've been building 49s since December, and once Balroy and his friends finish theirs on ally side, I expect we'll start seeing 49 wsgs.

Word. I'll definitely keep an eye out. I have some weird fascination with retail but meh, might as well try something new.

Word. I'll definitely keep an eye out. I have some weird fascination with retail but meh, might as well try something new.

You could also just make an account on Molten and start voting so you have points saved up for heirlooms and server xfers for when you do start playing. Don't need to DL a client to use the website.

Updated information a little. We're getting WSG daily, but we could use some more 29 players, particularly on horde side. Alliance is often outnumbering our twinks 8 vs 5.

This looks like fun! I got an 80 hordeside on that server, might make a 29 aswell :)
Got a question tho, does the Libram enchants work?

This looks like fun! I got an 80 hordeside on that server, might make a 29 aswell :)
Got a question tho, does the Libram enchants work?

They do not. We've investigated almost every known way that once existed to apply head, shoulder and leg enchants, and none have worked.

Ok shame, does most twinks rock BoA items?

Most do, since you can get them for vote points after a little time. At 29, the shoulders and weapon are best for casters and ranged classes, but there are decent stand-ins until you get them. For melee classes, BoA weapons aren't always best, though shoulders are. Chest depends, since you can get Raptor Hunter Tunic, and it's good.

These threads have been considered to be in the wrong section by several members.

I'll clarify that they are not. There are no private server guild sections.

Another point is that these threads lie in brackets where the community will not be damaged by these threads as activity is considered to be very low on retail as is.

If anything these threads could produce spark in the retail communities.

We made some community changes this weekend, which kept me busy doing logistical stuff. No worries, 29 WSG is still happening after all these weeks. I heard they got some good games.

Updated information. While I have moved on to start my own guild on Molten, <Twink Inc>'s GM is back from a 2-week break that was extended by injury. As a courtesy to him, I have left this thread to continue to announce his intention to recruit more twinks.

Users who are viewing this thread