Twink Dictionary

ftl - for the loss (denoted negative feelings towards something

ftw - for the win (opposite of aformentioned)

afk macro - macro that gives an afk warning to players nearby (used more before patch)

might - blessing of might (obv)

bof - hand of freedom

bop - hand of protection

ffs - for fucs sake

tl'dr - teal deer

Noo said:
no offense, but if you didn't know them, your an idiot? :S

No, if you didn't know them and you are learning them, then that means that this dictionary is working. See, the whole point of this is to teach people meanings of words so when they are PvPing they are more aware.

Grimmy666 said:
Noob = normally refers to a new player in this game, Nab, Nub are also used. Or it can be used to insult a player (not recommended though)

Wrong. A Newbie is a guy, or girl, which is new to the game. A Noobie is someone, which is retarded to an lesser extent.

Dodge ( also doj, dodgin')

Avoiding a challange or fight because there is a decent chance you will lose with a flimsy excuse.

Ex.: Y U DODGIN BRO?

f4eaa = friends forever and always

faggit = faggot

fashizzle = for sure

q33r = queer

gsm = gonna shit myself

qpwd = quit posting while drunk

I use AGM meaning Arena Grand Master but I dont see any other people use that :D

Although this topic hadn't been replied to for a while, I know some key twinking terms that aren't said.

BiS = Best in Slot. The best equips for your level. Weapons, shields, armor, etc.

SiS = Second in Slot. The second best, usually twinks will go for these if they're easy to get, and then work to getting BiS.

GF/Grandfathered - An item passed down that is no longer in game, given by a Game Master or somebody who stocked up on them!

Looms/BoA - Heirlooms/Bind on Account

Agil - Agility

Int/Intell - Intellect

Sp - Spellpower

sta/stam - Stamina

AGM - Arena Grand Master, an item you get after turning in 12 AMs, this trinket gives 12 stam and can be aquired 3, 6, 9, 12 AM/PM, more than once.

AM - Arena Master, used once you get 12 from competing in Gurubashi Arena to make an Arena Grand Master.

ST/RT - Server Time / Realm Time. Server and realm time can be checked under your minimap.

Guru - Gurubashi Arena

Rum - Rumsey Rum Black Label, or sometimes Haalani Whiskey, Haalani Whiskey

GD - Good duel

GG - Good Game

GS - Goldshire, the Alliance central of dueling.

Xroads - Crossroads, found in the Barrens. Center of dueling on the Horde and World PvP is common there depending on your server.

SW - Stormwind, the Alliance Capital, home of the XP Eliminator

Org - Orgrimmar, the Horde Capital, home of the XP Eliminator

XP - Experience Points

XP Eliminator - Turns off Experience, a must for twinking. Costs 10 gold.

WSG - Warsong Gulch

AB - Arathi Basin

AV - Alterac Valley

What's F2P? Came here looking for info on twinks. I see a ton of good stuff but feeling overwhelmed.

F2P Means "free to play". It refers to the community of twinks who prefer to play on a trial account at a severe handicap at level 20 in the 20-24 bracket. Playing on a trial account means you are unable to get access to high end enchants, join guilds and a wide variety of other things are limited to you. Despite being at such a disadvantage, this bracket is one of the most popular twinking brackets, after 19s and 70s. This is because the F2P trial players and some Pay to Play (P2P, i.e. normal paid account players) who purposely limit their characters to the same restrictions as F2P accounts have formed a tight and cohesive community where, despite various communication issues, premades and PvP is not only possible but compelling. Try reading some of the stickies at the top of the F2P section.

Users who are viewing this thread