To Twink or not to Twink

So i can run that instances alone with one of my 50 lv chars and pass the gear to my twink?

I don't know how to run two instances at the same time

Even after you're unsubbed you can still be invited, just not invite.

edit- if you're just maintaining you dont want to pay anymore then you're not creating anything but a new toon.

I don't understand that

Once you're unsubbed you cannot invite other people into a party, use the mailbox, auction house, or trade items.

You can BE invited by someone else, however. So your main account can invite your veteran into a party and run then through a dungeon... but cannot trade any drops with them (nor would it matter since the level would be too high on the drops for the main character). But the vet can loot the corpses it is eligible to get loot from.

So your vet can loot bosses and get any loot you are eligible to get from those kills.

If you have two accounts, you just open both accounts from the launcher and have 2 separate WoW running at once, each in its own window. The veteran toon can /follow the 50 and you just switch windows to loot with it when you want.

edit- if/once you unsub your main account TOO... obviously you can only access up to level 20 on that one as well and cant do any inviting on either account. If you never actually subscribe on the second account it wont be a veteran, it will be free to play and never have access to trades, mail, or auction house so you'd have to learn all enchants and whatnot on your free to play character - but I'm pretty sure those can still be invited into parties from other accounts just fine. I dont have a f2play so i'm not 100% on that.

I have only one account Warglave, i guess i will follow previous suggestions on this thread.

I have to do everything with my future vet twink because all my main lvl 50 chars have different tipes of armor, so i will:

- Buy a month game time again
- Do all Legion quest chain from my classe hall. I have the artifact weapon already but i think the ones the RBG drops are better
- Do some LoD contend so i can get the ring
- Use Chromie time in hope to get some RDF to pop up in an party
- And finnally play my first vet twink

I also hope that Blizzard don't screw me up again. The first time i tryed to do a f2p twint they offer a free weekend and my char leveled up from 20 to 21 because i didn't notice that.

Ok, just so you know... when you get run through a dungeon (called legacy mode when someone outlevels it) the drops are totally random from the bosses. Meaning you can get cloth as a plate wearer and such - but you can also get items not usually accessible to your class that arent available to you running the dungeon normally.

Not trying to change your mind, just not sure what armor type your mains use has to do with anything. It's not relevant.

You can still get runs from friends too, once you go vet. Dont forget. As well as get totally free to play accounts to use instead if you ever resub (you just wont ever be able to trade/AH/etc on those characters).

Not trying to change your mind, just not sure what armor type your mains use has to do with anything. It's not relevant.

Well, if you are questing with a mage you will get cloth armor, that's fine for a priest, but not for a paladin for example.

I thought it was the same
[doublepost=1605478585,1605474086][/doublepost]I must say i played from wotlk to cataclysm (a lot) and then i jumped to BFA. So Legion contend is completly new to me

I'm try to understand if relics are usefull for a lvl 20 in the current expansion and how to get them
[doublepost=1605481428][/doublepost]I have read the guides but I'm still too confuse

I'm try to understand if relics are usefull for a lvl 20 in the current expansion and how to get them

MUST-HAVE EQUIPMENT

D: ARTIFACTS
**DISCLAIMER**
YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE LEGION'S BROKEN SHORE CAMPAIGN TO UNLOCK NEW DALARAN. (Skippable on subsequent toons)
Its right there. In the guide. Below the header that says "must have equipment"
I have read the guides but I'm still too confuse
read them again, I guess.

I already have artifact relic in my char, but the relics are inactive.

This guide https://xpoff.com/threads/shadowlands-info-compilation.94389/ says that we need +5 ilvl artifact relics for our Artifact weapon but my artifact weapon says "this artifact power was sacrificed to draw out the darkness from the sword of sargeras", so how can we get artifact relics?

And i have not access to world quests in Legion also.
I went to Chromie right now and enter Legion time stard questing there but the rewards are item level 25.
I am f2p yest because i'm still learning. When i buy game time i don't want to spend all the time googling stuff so i rather do it now.

All your help have been great, it seems xpoff is the right place for me to be, but i still have so much to learn

Before i go much further please tell me if i'm in the right direction.

I blocked xp on my char at lvl 20
Start questing with him in Legion zones but only got 25 ilv gear

What i am doing wrong?

Before i go much further please tell me if i'm in the right direction.

I blocked xp on my char at lvl 20
Start questing with him in Legion zones but only got 25 ilv gear

What i am doing wrong?
thats the ilvl you're supposed to be getting.

I am BEGGING you to read the guides I linked you a week ago.

I read them both top to bottom. I started from the beggining, doing legion quests. I already have full ilv 25 gear.

Oh darn! What a disappointment.
So that means i can't never be able to compete versus people with ilv 50 gear that i see a lot in BG.
And now that i bough a month game time and block my char xp now i can't play him because no bg pop up.

Guess i will play my main until the game time ends. Unblock allied races and maybe testing SL.

When i decided to play a twink it was because it seamed easy to gear up then end game chars and no need for be dependend of other people to do so. I don't mind to pay to play, i just want to have fun doing what i like and it is not doing tremendous amout of pve or needing other people. I like to play wenever i please.

I love to play my class and i'm pretty good at it, maybe not the best but don't want to be so gear dependant. Gear should never win the game.

So that means i can't never be able to compete versus people with ilv 50 gear that i see a lot in BG.
You misunderstand. That gear got nerfed. its no longer ilvl 50 for anyone, even the people who already had it.

When i decided to play a twink it was because it seamed easy to gear up then end game chars and no need for be dependend of other people to do so. I don't mind to pay to play, i just want to have fun doing what i like and it is not doing tremendous amout of pve or needing other people.
Im not sure what your understanding of twinking was but gearing one has always involved some measure of reliance on higher level players, even if that reliance is just buying enchants off the auction house. You can gear a twink without any help from anyone else, but it will take an incredible amount of time. Or you can gear a vet, like you're doing, pretty quickly and easily. Its just also a bit expensive.

For reference:

my vet has less than 3 days /played since the pre-patch and (barring some better tertiary stats) is ready to go.
my F2P has over 12 days of /played since pre-patch and doesnt even have bis gems yet, but has been 100% self reliant.

Oh darn! What a disappointment.
And now that i bough a month game time and block my char xp now i can't play him because no bg pop up.

Guess i will play my main until the game time ends. Unblock allied races and maybe testing SL.

When i decided to play a twink it was because it seamed easy to gear up then end game chars and no need for be dependend of other people to do so. I don't mind to pay to play, i just want to have fun doing what i like and it is not doing tremendous amout of pve or needing other people. I like to play wenever i please.

I love to play my class and i'm pretty good at it, maybe not the best but don't want to be so gear dependant. Gear should never win the game.

All the gear has been nerfed

Chops and Dragpz, so that means that when my pay month it's over and i play my char again the bg fights will be balanced, everyone will have ilv 25 gear? The 50 will be nerfed to 25?

And in that case all i could do is to get enchants and sloted gear isn't it?

Not sure what drew you into twinking then...

Warglave, if you read my inicial post you'll understand. It's all about be competitive and make skill be the prime factor in a fight, not the gear. Battlegrounds 20-29 bracket use to have a lot of twinks that play until they get tired, so if i want to be competitive and use my skils i have to gear up to.

It's sad to see people win fights because are full gear and have almost no skill, because the damage it's insane, sometimes one shot levelers.

I hope i had passed my thoughts correctly, if not feel free to ask again the point you didn't understand.

It's sad to see people win fights because are full gear and have almost no skill

That's like.... the oxford dictionary definition of twinking. The only place you WONT see that is XP---> off which is not 20 f2play. Being thrown in with levelers for any reason is perpetuating exactly what you claim to be against.

There will ALWAYS be terribly geared fodder in normal battlegrounds. The only place where gear "doesnt matter" is XPoff.

I suggest you make a 19 and try to help get locked xp games going instead of unsub-trampling over level 22s in ilvl 5 gears. (i'm pretty sure you cant unsub and play xpoff 19, but it wasnt a real suggestion - just clarifying the difference)

Users who are viewing this thread