To Gokku - Rest in Peace Old Friend

RIP.

Would someone please list his best twinks, he would want people to know about them.

I remember meeting goku when I was a newbie in the 20s
he always said ''hey joey badass'' when i got into the bgs
I was a newbie and he talked to me as if we knew each other
always fun and lively in his legendary worgen 20s

it was a big inspiration for me to keep playing on my rogue 20s

Rip Legend

Finessing his way up to the pearly gate's. RIP!
Gokku.jpg

Roboartist, here. I haven't officially been on this site in about a year. I recently got back into wow out of boredom (not sure how much longer it would last). And Kracks told me this happened about a week or 2 ago. I remember I had him added on Btag on my old account and vaguely remember playing with and against him. I'm sure we've done some stuff like run dungeons for one another as well, but it's cloudy. I never had anything bad to say about the guy, and it's a real shame to see him go.

Just came by to show my respects. Rest in Peace, buddy

QAOA.gif

Hey everyone,
After confirming with his family, I am saddened to share with you that we've lost a dear friend of ours. Joey (@Gokku/Finesselord) has passed away at Saturday 11/20/2021. He has been a friend of mine for more than 8 years but we got closer and started playing together more often these past 3-4 years.

The reason I decided to make this thread, is in spite of us not being able to meet in the real world and hold a proper memorial, we could do it here. I invite you all to share any funny or good memory we've had with our friend and fellow Twink, may he rest in peace.

I'll start with mine :

While queuing my regular arenas/rbgs at endgame (late season 3 BFA), I come across Gokku and Light, whom I didn't know were involved with max level PvP. From there, as fellow twinks with a passion for battlegrounds, we gather most of our friends that played endgame through season 4, and created a semi full rated battlegrounds team composed of mostly twinks! Most of us were just learning the game at this point but some of us managed to learn fast and reach really good ratings in pvp S4.
Shadowlands launches, most of us gather, while farming Legion dungeons on our twinks, we had decided that we wanted Hero of the Horde(top 0.5% of the US RBG Ladder), and started queuing more often to try to attain this achievement! During this, the person that took the time to set up the group and lead was Gokku. We started queuing almost everyday at the beginning and when everyone got busy Gokku started to schedule the best time for us to gather and queue despite our jobs/occupations/different time-zones.
Game after game, we would gain experience and get better, but at the same time, we were teasing each other. Me being a rogue main and him being a DH main, meant that we were focused mostly on the objective side of rbgs, but sometimes more than often things go wrong in the beginning when you're improving. Often when I made mistakes, I would hear him saying after the game, "Lenny you're lackin", or "you got caught lackin" and we would continue arguing till I admitted the mistake. And when he made mistakes, I'd be like "WTF ARE YOU DOING BRO?!" and go back and forth till he started laughing and would say alright shut up! xD
Most of the time for me to queue with the boys, I either had to pull an all-nighter or wake up at 3-4 am (since I lived in Albania Europe). But sometimes I wouldn't wake up even with an alarm, and Gokku/Jukejitsu/Light/Dimitri would spam call me on my phone. When I usually woke up later than supposed to(or had bad internet connection), he would start making stupid jokes about middle-eastern Arabs (given Albania was sorta close to that), and when new people that joined the group asked me where I lived he would jump in instantly and say some African Place or Middle East, while at the same time calling me a terrorist infront of the new guys, which always lead to hilarious jokes and conversations.
At the end of the season, after queuing against some of the best players in US, we were able to get Hero of the Horde, but the thing that mattered the most was the fun and enjoyment during the climb!

May you rest easy Joey, you were one of the best and funniest!
[doublepost=1639302798,1639302115][/doublepost]Damn man. Gokku and I go pretty far back. I’ve known him since I first started playing the game. He was one of the first people I met in MoP when I freshly started WoW and was trying to learn twink. Gokku-Uther. Level 20 holy paladin. Must’ve been 9-10 years ago. The realms crossed were full of twinks and we all played w each other, talked smack, etc. Lived like 2-4 hours way from me IRL but never met w the guy. One of the very few people who I still held a relationship with up until now since then though. Really sad to see him pass. I remember back in the day when the gurubashi arena trinket was BiS for any sort of class at that level, and we were there competing for it. He mained holy but was toying around w protection and I only played protection. He had just came back from dark moon faire and had a buff that made his health like 6k, mine was 2k. We dueled for straight up like 2 hours trying to get it but I beat him. I’d always bring that up even years later and we’d get into huge arguments. Later in on WoD, I had a 29 feral Druid and he a 20 resto. I’d see him in battlegrounds and obviously had him on btag and he would always outrun me as an EFC. I could never catch up to him even being faster at a base speed. His knowledge of the game and know how of how to navigate warsong gulch was leagues beyond mine but I’ll never forget him as a person. One time we tried to do end game 2v2 arenas at me and he was a lot better at end game PVP than me. He had a resto Druid I had a demon hunter and we couldn’t figure out how to take a team down lmao. He kept yelling at me to attack the dps and I kept yelling back shouting profanities at each other. Good times man. I knew him and held somewhat of a relationship w him more than I do most IRL people. Never gonna forget him, this is a real shame. He was too young man. Too many memories to type out, even just brief conversations w him whenever I hop on sometimes we’re enjoyable. One of my best friends on this game that’s for sure. Love you brother, I’m sure gonna miss you. Hope you’re settling high.

I played with dude for well, since MoP. He was part of the squad, i almost linked up with him on a visit to cali. Snapchat IG this dude was a good friend. I know im late on this, i havent been on WoW. Honestly bro im crushed im bouta fucking cry. I dont even know what to really say man. Sorry i stopped playin and fell off man. Wish i coulda said bye. I remember when he was just a kid, he came over to my guild when 20 and 29s beefed. Ignorant and funny as hell. A little ghetto kid, reminded me of me. Funded him on thrall and wound up competeing in the first vet premade ever with him. Dude was the livest funniest player ive ever met online. Rest in Peace bro, you deserve it. And fuck this planet for taking you man.

I played with dude for well, since MoP. He was part of the squad, i almost linked up with him on a visit to cali. Snapchat IG this dude was a good friend. I know im late on this, i havent been on WoW. Honestly bro im crushed im bouta fucking cry. I dont even know what to really say man. Sorry i stopped playin and fell off man. Wish i coulda said bye. I remember when he was just a kid, he came over to my guild when 20 and 29s beefed. Ignorant and funny as hell. A little ghetto kid, reminded me of me. Funded him on thrall and wound up competeing in the first vet premade ever with him. Dude was the livest funniest player ive ever met online. Rest in Peace bro, you deserve it. And fuck this planet for taking you man.
Yeah he was a true real one. Pour one out for him tonight everybody.

[doublepost=1639302798,1639302115][/doublepost]Damn man. Gokku and I go pretty far back. I’ve known him since I first started playing the game. He was one of the first people I met in MoP when I freshly started WoW and was trying to learn twink. Gokku-Uther. Level 20 holy paladin. Must’ve been 9-10 years ago. The realms crossed were full of twinks and we all played w each other, talked smack, etc. Lived like 2-4 hours way from me IRL but never met w the guy. One of the very few people who I still held a relationship with up until now since then though. Really sad to see him pass. I remember back in the day when the gurubashi arena trinket was BiS for any sort of class at that level, and we were there competing for it. He mained holy but was toying around w protection and I only played protection. He had just came back from dark moon faire and had a buff that made his health like 6k, mine was 2k. We dueled for straight up like 2 hours trying to get it but I beat him. I’d always bring that up even years later and we’d get into huge arguments. Later in on WoD, I had a 29 feral Druid and he a 20 resto. I’d see him in battlegrounds and obviously had him on btag and he would always outrun me as an EFC. I could never catch up to him even being faster at a base speed. His knowledge of the game and know how of how to navigate warsong gulch was leagues beyond mine but I’ll never forget him as a person. One time we tried to do end game 2v2 arenas at me and he was a lot better at end game PVP than me. He had a resto Druid I had a demon hunter and we couldn’t figure out how to take a team down lmao. He kept yelling at me to attack the dps and I kept yelling back shouting profanities at each other. Good times man. I knew him and held somewhat of a relationship w him more than I do most IRL people. Never gonna forget him, this is a real shame. He was too young man. Too many memories to type out, even just brief conversations w him whenever I hop on sometimes we’re enjoyable. One of my best friends on this game that’s for sure. Love you brother, I’m sure gonna miss you. Hope you’re settling high.
Yeah he was a true real one. Pour one out for him tonight everybody.
already did

Users who are viewing this thread