To clear something up for you guys.

Before I get into this, I'm not sure if I found this in the F2P forums or a different forum, so if this is a duplicate thread by all means delete it.

The hour long maintenance after the hour long wait for them to announce the hour long maintenance was due to a hacker on "Tichondrius-US" doing the following:

Hacker hits Stormwind - Tichondrius - YouTube

Robert's Conspiracy Theory:
The level 1 "hacker" is actually a blizzard dev/GM disguised as a hacker/normal subscribed player /kill'ing everyone because:
1. They wanted a free reason to do maintenance early.
2. He was getting fired and wanted to go out with a bang.
3. The whole thing is staged and all the players were in on it, no one was getting killed by a hacker but instead were all hunters disguised in good mogs to make them seem like other classes, and as for non-hunter races they had a rogue with the 3 second unstealth delay thing come finish them off after they macro unequip and requip their gear really quickly.

I'm obviously joking with the above theories, and posting them for sheer comical values.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been a hilarious moment for a horde invasion :p

This was done by Jadd and Ciren of OwnedCore. They found an exploit that basically let them cast Death Touch or whatever that spell is. It worked on mobs and pretty much everything. They decided to go ahead and do this to get it hotfixed. Surely enough, it was fixed within an hour and they ensured this was never released publicly.

I believe that's Ciren doing the city mass murders. Jadd doesn't publicly display his "power" like this, unlike Ciren, who was responsible for the realm crasher a few weeks ago (and has a personal vendetta against Blizzard). Jadd released a video showing this being used in dungeons, however.

Blizzard's ignorance and inability to fix these types of exploits never ceases to amaze.

Blizzard's ignorance and inability to fix these types of exploits never ceases to amaze.

It never ceases to amaze me how people love to crap on talented creative content developers because a statistically insignificant number of dickwads like to break their hard work.

It never ceases to amaze me how people love to crap on talented creative content developers because a statistically insignificant number of dickwads like to break their hard work.
So naive.

So what you're saying is: that we need to embark on an epic crusade to destroy Bobby Kotick's phylactery?

I'd be down for that.

kotick.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread