EU+US Timwalking for AP

i have a dog called tim, i didn't realise if i walked him i'd gain AP ^^

levling a druid to 101, currently 75. how long time does it take to get lvl 25 weps at 101?

i'd like to know people's thought of timewalking vs neltharion solo in terms of AP grinding, as it stands now for dps queues it's by far worse to do TW vs NL, but for tanks it seems like a close call

most TW dungeons take 15-20mins to complete with some of them only having 3 bosses, so 165AP per run

whereas NL has (from my experience) 200ap per run and takes 8-12mins to solo with all the skips etc

idk i havent really put it to the test but it seem like NL is still the way to go unless you're super unlucky and a run gives 0AP from bad chest rng

Obligatory plug for my AP thread, it's got a table of how long it will take you to reach each level based on getting 2600 AP a day essentially. Your mileage my vary.

As far as NL is concerned, it's much faster then TW, especially as you get more gear. I've manage to hit the lockout period now, and am still averaging a 57% chance for AP over 190 chests. That being said, Timewalking is great for ones sanity, and if you had a crew of 5 with proper gems and coordination you could probably have a comparable rate while making a decent amount of gold off DE'ing all the blues into leylight shards.

a side note for TW, the gear seems to be using the new warforged system as the old warforged system was +6 ilvl upgrade however I recieved a +15 ilvl upgrade
some forums are showing examples of titanforged gear dropping too

not sure if this opens up any more bis slots but it's worth noting

a side note for TW, the gear seems to be using the new warforged system as the old warforged system was +6 ilvl upgrade however I recieved a +15 ilvl upgrade
some forums are showing examples of titanforged gear dropping too

not sure if this opens up any more bis slots but it's worth noting
I've only done a few TW on my 99's but so far the Gear drops are exactly the same as before, 605/615.

i'd like to know people's thought of timewalking vs neltharion solo in terms of AP grinding

On my 99 trait 13 - 17 was done in NL (AP rate just over 56%, I usually do this queing lfg NL tank in retri spec). NL is still the fastest way, TW is nice for variation. I will probably do TW/NL 50/50.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread