Thoughts on 39

Dye

OG
So, I am currently debating joining this bracket to play again twinks. I have noticed some things that just make me not want to do this.

1) Terrain jumps, especially by Druids. They already have an insane speed and movement ability, and jumps just make it ridiculous. If these are continued, I will not be interested in joining this bracket.

For me, these jumps really ruined the 19 experience with the travel form addition at 19. Don't allow these to ruin this bracket, because that's what will happen in the long term.

the jump from front of tunnel to the top is gamebreaking as well I would argue, and extremely easy for druids to do in travel form.

it can, but you lack the speed and ability when being attacked by an entire team to properly execute it in the time a FC druid can to catch back up, therefore, it is gamebreaking.

It's not gamebreaking and is currently the only real alternate path besides the standard ones.

if you are team fighting in that area, then you are already in a bad position. if you are solo chasing efc then i see no problem.

I think that by establishing "these jumps work" but "these jumps are not ok," it creates this weird delineating grey area that people can try and establish arguments for more jumps in the future and such. By clearly stating NO jumps are allowed, I think it would be more enjoyable for the community. The 19 bracket kinda sucks with travel form and jump abuse. If jumps are allowed in the 39 bracket, it will do the exact same long term and will harm players like me, who really would play 39 twinks, but now won't because they find the jump abuse, exploits, and mobility frustrating in comparison to how things were years ago. We can adapt to the mobility, but when you tell me it is fine for someone to do that jump to top instead of running around, I draw the line and do not wish to participate.

I think that by establishing "these jumps work" but "these jumps are not ok," it creates this weird delineating grey area that people can try and establish arguments for more jumps in the future and such. By clearly stating NO jumps are allowed, I think it would be more enjoyable for the community. The 19 bracket kinda sucks with travel form and jump abuse. If jumps are allowed in the 39 bracket, it will do the exact same long term and will harm players like me, who really would play 39 twinks, but now won't because they find the jump abuse, exploits, and mobility frustrating in comparison to how things were years ago. We can adapt to the mobility, but when you tell me it is fine for someone to do that jump to top instead of running around, I draw the line and do not wish to participate.

Man, just stop to argueing the whole Twink community into stop doing something they've done for the past 10 years.

It's not gonna happen. :)

except twinks did not do those jumps in premades 10 years ago. least they didnt at 39 in all of the premades i played in. by mvp's logic the under the flag exploit is meant to be in the game by blizz since it hasnt been patched out yet.

kids a downie.

Man, just stop to argueing the whole Twink community into stop doing something they've done for the past 10 years.

It's not gonna happen. :)

Hey Blaze. So, you're new to this community. Frankly, these jumps were not done until the past few years with xp off stuff. People may have done the WSG jump on top behind the flag cap area, but terrain exploits just were not done. I'm uninterested in joining 39s, because of these jumps. I know plenty of vets will feel the same way. The whole point of these rules is to establish an even playing field that is attractive for new twinks and returning ones to play in. Currently, the rules grey area on terrain jumps is not attractive. Until this is changed, I won't be playing in this bracket. I know of two other friends who won't be playing until this is changed either. That's almost 30% of a WSG game, which is significant, and that's just on me and my friends end.

Terrain jumps are nothing new.
Using the terrain against your opponent has been in the game since 1.xx. And the people that took the time to learn them quickly gained an advantage over others that didn't know how to do them. Once the opposition learned them their advantage was moot. All of the OG WoW players know this.

The solution is to learn the terrain jumps yourself. You have no one to blame but YOU. Almost all of these terrain jumps have been there for years. TI has multiple jump videos floating around. There are literally THOUSANDS of other jump tutorials out there.

dont see why it is such a big deal not to use jumps. guess some people need crutches.

I suppose gear and enchants are "crutches" as well?
There once was a day when NOTHING was banned in the merry land of Twinkdom. Nowadays I can't even quaff a speed pot without getting a stinkeye.

Users who are viewing this thread