Thinking about the 29 bracket, questions!

I've actually never done the 29 bracket, I skipped it and the 19 bracket completely and went straight for 49s in BTC, so I was curious:

How bad are the GF'd items in this bracket? I checked the stickied list and it was pretty massive, but how many BiS items are GF'd?

It just seems a bit daunting to jump into something where a lot of the BiS items would be unobtainable.

Also, how is the queues doing? I assume with WoD coming tomorrow and the 20-29 bracket coming back, it'll grow immensely, but how is it currently? (Pre.WoD)

and I was wondering if anyone has an opinion based tier list of the "best" classes here, mainly to get an idea of what to avoid as a choice as I wont be rolling a rogue like everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
GF items are not really an issue these days. Especially with 6.0 halving weapon dmg, there's not much of a difference between GF gear and currently available items.

GF items are not really an issue these days. Especially with 6.0 halving weapon dmg, there's not much of a difference between GF gear and currently available items.

How are 29 enhance shaman?

they are fun, i enjoy playing mine, tho we are getting hit by the nerfbat in 6.0 pretty hard losing water shield, earth shock, chain lightning, lightning bolt while running and double flame toung enchant :/

realize that all spell coefficients are now completely different for all characters. Because of this, as well as the attack power conversion into 1 DPS on a weapon, your primary stats are worth much more then they were. If you have the option between an item with 5 agility and 6 stamina vs 7 agility and 3 stamina, the difference of that 2 agility is quite large. This is especially true when you consider the item squish which is being implemented in 6.0.2

they are fun, i enjoy playing mine, tho we are getting hit by the nerfbat in 6.0 pretty hard losing water shield, earth shock, chain lightning, lightning bolt while running and double flame toung enchant :/

None of these are game breaking to lose. They are still full of utility and fun as hell.

I did quite enjoy being 1 shot a few times by a shadow priest today in 2v2.

Yeah spriest is No.1 atm. Interesting spriest fact - Bonus armor (from ab belt / boots) is working. 41 total bonus armor. Shadowform then doubles that to 82 bonus armor. Meaning spriests get about 32% physical mitigation in shadform atm.

Compare that to my balance druid in moonkin form with 14% mitigation (bonus armor from AB leather not working). BIG difference when hunters / rogues jump you. So much so that i don't even want to play my boomy.

Yeah spriest is No.1 atm. Interesting spriest fact - Bonus armor (from ab belt / boots) is working. 41 total bonus armor. Shadowform then doubles that to 82 bonus armor. Meaning spriests get about 32% physical mitigation in shadform atm.

Compare that to my balance druid in moonkin form with 14% mitigation (bonus armor from AB leather not working). BIG difference when hunters / rogues jump you. So much so that i don't even want to play my boomy.

Broken

Mocha said:
I did quite enjoy being 1 shot a few times by a shadow priest today in 2v2.

No way anything can one shot anything right now unless you're a F2P vs a 29 or you aren't fully geared/enchanted.

No way anything can one shot anything right now unless you're a F2P vs a 29 or you aren't fully geared/enchanted.

Ya. And soulfrost, shadow power to gloves and peerless stats chest all got nerfed 14 hours ago or so. Best options now are elemental force, major spell power gloves and heavy borean armor kit.

Ya. And soulfrost, shadow power to gloves and peerless stats chest all got nerfed 14 hours ago or so. Best options now are elemental force, major spell power gloves and heavy borean armor kit.

Peerless is still BiS over heavy borean, because it gives +3 all stats. Tool tips on Shadow Power and Soulfrost still show 20 and 40, even though they only give 8 and 15 (I checked).

Users who are viewing this thread