EU+US Thinking about making a 101, need some input.

Nannou

Legend
Hey,

I'm thinking of making a 101 as the title says, but I'm not decided on which class/spec to go for. So I'm hoping someone with experience in the bracket can tell me a little how the different builds fare?

The plan is to use it for boosting, farming and some wpvp.

Simple basically the hit the nail on the head pertaining to the options out there. Just do what you have fun and the main question you have to ask yourself is, "Am I willing to fork over the gold to jump into the 101 Twink pool?" It'll be rough at first, but what I recommend is to plan where you are going to go once you spend the initial 10g to lock your XP.

I'm definitely all for playing what I have fun with. The problem is that no class speaks to me in particular anymore. I used to love the old warlock class, but I feel it's been ruined post wotlk. Slowly but steadily everything that made it unique has been pruned.

If you plan on doing a little of everything like I do I'd say go hunt/ or enhance sham. Just so you can enjoy every aspect of your twink.

As enhance I have no problems with boosting, I'm able to rek in ipvp...and absolutely dominate in wpvp.

Well, I already have a 101 enhance shaman, vanilla character as well. Maybe I'll just gear it up :)

I can recommend Elemental Shaman. Im playing my 101 Ele Shaman since Novembre 16' and I still have lots of fun.

Since I hit 100% Mastery, which means my Spells are always hitting twice , I am not playing the Ascendance spec anymore. Ascendace was great for Bossfights but the 3 minutes cooldown is way to long.

Now Im going for the "Lightning Rod - Mastery- Haste" Spec.

First I'll show you my talents and try to explain why I choosed them and afterwards I'll do a Plus/Contra List.

Talents
15 - Totem Mastery - each second 1 Mahlstrom, 10% increased damage of Flameshock and 2% Haste but it scales with your Gear. I get 3,54% from it. Big plus point from me.

30 - Gust of Wind - you can choose any other talent too, I only take it for NL Farming 3rd Boss for the second Chest.

45 - Lightning Surge Totem - Great Aoe Stun, speaks for itself

60 - Ancestral Swiftness - Gains 6% haste, which scales again with your Gear, I get 10% from it. Big plus point from me.

75 - Elemental Blast - Massive Damage. With Cd's it hits with 900k, twice + let us gain 2 stats. (Mastery/Haste/Crit)

90 - Liquid Magma Totem - Great AoE Damage. Its ticking for 171k on Bossevery 0.4(!) Sec (depends on your Haste and Intelligence) which is insane.

100 - Lightning Rod - When its up, your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning damage does 40% damage AGAIN. And now the BIG Point why I play with it. With Stormkeeper. your Trait "Power of the Maelstrom" + 100% Mastery as I have you'll do a "Lightning Combo" which means you do !6! Casts with 1 Lightning Bolt (1 Lightning as normal cast + 1 from mastery + 1 from Power of the Maelstrom + each damage will set off Lightning Rod) which does insane Damage in a very short period of time and INSTANT. And for AoE its also very good, just spam Chain Lightning.

Plus/Contra List on Elemental Shaman
+ great Bossdps (~ 2m dps average on Boss [3,96m personal record])
+ great AoE damage
+ great mobility
+ good survivability
+ good control with AoE Stun, Slows, kicks

- you have to stand still when you want to cast (except with Stormkeeper)

If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask! And if you want you can watch my 4:50min NL PoV Run so you get some impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread