thinking about 24s

I personally have played one or two games against you, and if I remember correctly we were running 5 mans, and as far as needing time to run out to win...Jumping on the ledge in the ally entrance room with 3 or 4 healers so you do not get killed is the only reason we did not 3 cap.

I don't remember that one, our problem is usually only having 2 healers max, we need more healers on moon guard.

Greetings,

Re the lvl 20-24 bracket

I've got an f2p lvl 20 hunter that is approaching bis, but the Horde 24's are more than challenging. I'm thinking of re-opening my paid acct (which has a level 85 Mage) and creating a lvl 24 twink to aid all the f2p 20s that are getting creamed. I prefer the ranged classes and am thinking of sticking with a Hunter, but could also go Mage.

Wanted to get feedback/advice before proceeding. Which is recommended, Hunter or Mage? Or is there another class that would be preferred and/or needed in this pvp bracket for Alliance?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just out of curiosity are the alliance que times still ridiculously long compared to horde? like 10-20 mins?

During peak times horde queues are nearly instant and alliance are 5-6 min. The reason behind this is there is simply more alliance 20-24's so the alliance have to wait in line while the horde do not. Now having played both sides, I have found that alliance has more ago based quest gear available while horde has more int base gear. Make your choice from that if you like.
Sweetsydney...

Takes months to get Best in slot gear but eventually you will have it. Wish we had people farming gnomer all day but honestly its probably not worth it.

yeah this bracket is alive and well and will remain so for a long time, some people are trying the 39 bracket for the glyphs and extras but for scrub old folks like me that need some advantage, the 24s are where it's at. win, lose or draw, it is about the love of battle, at the end of the day all that matters is you put on your game face, tried your best and played with friends. see ya I the field!! i'll be the one looking for a place to drop my picnic and dance with the enemy when everyone else is doing what they do best.

Sanctuary is still doing 24s, but a lot of us are doing f2p/p2p 20s with restrictions (no guild tag) or 39s. I also am currently working on my p2p 20 with restrictions. :p

During peak times horde queues are nearly instant and alliance are 5-6 min. The reason behind this is there is simply more alliance 20-24's so the alliance have to wait in line while the horde do not. Now having played both sides, I have found that alliance has more ago based quest gear available while horde has more int base gear. Make your choice from that if you like.
Sweetsydney...

Theres more ally 20s but not more 24s, horde have way more now.

TBH Ashley I never had a problem with rage as arms on my warrior. A Charge and MS should be giving you enough to slam, Then once slam and GCDs are up MS is up again. What stance are you in? I found Def stance much better than battle, if you are using battle.

usually in battle stance. Isnt' rage generation slower in defensive stance? or thats what it felt like to me but i Charge + MS then give and take 50/50 chance at slam but after that im pretty much auto attacking til i can slam or ms is off cd. Only time i actually have a lot of rage is when im gettin nuked but then i wont be up very long to use that rage by then.

EDIT: anyone else use Discombobulator Ray? freaken love this shit but i dont see other people using it

Stacking a bit more crit will help with your rage.

You should pick up Bloodied Arcanite Reaper - Item - World of Warcraft and Polished Spaulders of Valor - Item - World of Warcraft as soon as you can. If the Stranglethorn Fishing tournament isn't too busy on your server, Dread Pirate Ring - Item - World of Warcraft is a good option too.

Charge also only gives rage every 12 seconds with Double Time, so you might be losing out on some there too. Either try to be conservative with your charges as much as possible or switch to Warbringer (which is awesome with the added snare now).

I have a 24 twink Hpala and enjoy it i am in Twinks of the Alliance EU which is useless as you are US but it is pretty fun :)!

Users who are viewing this thread